General Gameplay Questions Thread

1 hour ago, arlovski said:

Is there a guide for mod makers on what Stamina levels are required for what match times?

There used to be. Unfortunately no one seems to have kept track of all these pieces of info.

I believe 15 minutes needs about 72 STA.

You'll learn eventually. Better to play with autosave off just in case you mess up, but for the match rating it doesn't matter much unless you vastly overrate their stamina.

2 hours ago, Blackman said:

There used to be. Unfortunately no one seems to have kept track of all these pieces of info.

I believe 15 minutes needs about 72 STA.

You'll learn eventually. Better to play with autosave off just in case you mess up, but for the match rating it doesn't matter much unless you vastly overrate their stamina.

That's unfortunate - I would need precise numbers to make a mod. If anyone else reads this and has the information, please drop me a message.

What are the specific skills one should look for in a manager ? Obviously, when it comes to angles, it never hurts if they are good at Microphone, Acting and/or (for valets) Sex Appeal. But that's for those managers that you want to have actively participate in the story of that angle (or the storyline in general).

However, what makes a good manager for matches, or to be in the background ? What makes it that some people will get a "did good work at ringside" road agent note after the match, and some won't ? I'm assuming that there must be Charisma, perhaps Star Quality but are there others that would show me someone who doesn't fit their current role (or have retired from in-ring stuff) would make good managers ?

3 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

What are the specific skills one should look for in a manager ? Obviously, when it comes to angles, it never hurts if they are good at Microphone, Acting and/or (for valets) Sex Appeal. But that's for those managers that you want to have actively participate in the story of that angle (or the storyline in general).

However, what makes a good manager for matches, or to be in the background ? What makes it that some people will get a "did good work at ringside" road agent note after the match, and some won't ? I'm assuming that there must be Charisma, perhaps Star Quality but are there others that would show me someone who doesn't fit their current role (or have retired from in-ring stuff) would make good managers ?

Microphone for regular managers.

If you want to use the manager in matches, I suggest that you create a character and fill in all skills (none blanks). The role can be set as semi-active.

I should have phrased it better, but I meant "for matches" as in "used at ringside" the way managers usually are. I don't intend to use most of my managers in the ring, as there are very few in my current roster I could see in that role (apart from legends, who for the most part still have the Occasional worker ticked), but I was curious to find which skill helps in getting the "did good work at ringside" road agent note, for instance.

Basically, the whole questioning comes from me wondering what to do with some of the people I have no use for in game but that I happen to like and want to keep. People like Charly Caruso, Kayla Braxton or Mike Rome, for instance, have pretty decent Mic skills, but as I don't intend to have lots of interviews, having 4-5 people for those is way too much. However, I don't know if they'd make good managers (in game: in real life, I can't see any of them be talented at the role), because I'm not sure which skills I should look for that will influence positive road agent notes related to managers.

55 minutes ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

I should have phrased it better, but I meant "for matches" as in "used at ringside" the way managers usually are. I don't intend to use most of my managers in the ring, as there are very few in my current roster I could see in that role (apart from legends, who for the most part still have the Occasional worker ticked), but I was curious to find which skill helps in getting the "did good work at ringside" road agent note, for instance.

Basically, the whole questioning comes from me wondering what to do with some of the people I have no use for in game but that I happen to like and want to keep. People like Charly Caruso, Kayla Braxton or Mike Rome, for instance, have pretty decent Mic skills, but as I don't intend to have lots of interviews, having 4-5 people for those is way too much. However, I don't know if they'd make good managers (in game: in real life, I can't see any of them be talented at the role), because I'm not sure which skills I should look for that will influence positive road agent notes related to managers.

The ones that you want to keep around are the ones that have good or great chemistry with certain wrestlers. So that you get that bonus. If you run segments / angles you want the ones with good microphone or entertainment skills + good popularity.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to start a new game and I keep getting this message:

"An unexpected error has occurred (the field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.) The game must be closed."

Any idea what I need to do?

5 hours ago, joeM said:

I'm trying to start a new game and I keep getting this message:

"An unexpected error has occurred (the field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.) The game must be closed."

Any idea what I need to do?

You need to post in the tech support forum for all errors and issues

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/forum/117-total-extreme-wrestling-2020-tech-support/

• Thanks 1

How does a large-sized development territory work?

I have the option to take over or pillage CWA, which is currently Big sized. My concern is that if I took it over I would have to leave popular workers there to maintain its size - and they would quickly become unhappy at being stuck in development.

Or is the unhappiness muted by it being a big company?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 2:07 AM, Goliath764 said:

Is there any reason to use "highlights focus" for angle over regular focus? I see no situation where highlights focus score a higher score than regular focus. They also both use three angles.

I've done some experimenting with this, and the best time to use highlights focus over regular is for an angles-heavy promotion with a weaker undercard- that way you can build around your strongest workers. I'd say it's more of an alternative to consistent focus than regular.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:02 PM, 1PWfan said:

I've done some experimenting with this, and the best time to use highlights focus over regular is for an angles-heavy promotion with a weaker undercard- that way you can build around your strongest workers. I'd say it's more of an alternative to consistent focus than regular.

I agree on matches as I can see the advantage of Three Ring Circus over Regular. However, when it comes to angles, here are the descriptions as I see it:

The rating is calculated as 70% of the highest rated angle, 20% of the second highest rated angle, and 10% of the third highest rated angles. If there aren't enough angles to do this then the highest rated angle's percentage is increased to make up the difference.

The rating is calculated as being the average of the three highest rated angles. If there are less than three angles then the average of the remaining angles is used.

Both of them uses a max of 3 angles. This is unlike matches, where the 10% is the average of the entire undercard barring the match used for the 20%.  This is just 3 angles and the other angles are completely ignored. So we are looking at this distribution:

70%/20%/10%

VS

33%/33%/33%

I plugged in a lot of numbers into an excel sheet just to compare and "70%/20%/10%" always yield better result no matter what. Hence, I don't get the benefit of highlight focus at all -- unless the description is incorrect and highlight focus is calculated differently and that is reflected in your testing.

3 hours ago, 1PWfan said:

Well heck, all I did was fiddle about with the booking, if you did actual analysis then you're almost certainly better informed than I am. 

It's only from the game's manual (the "?" in game). But I assume those info are accurate by now since Adam has plenty of time to fix them if they are not.

4 hours ago, chm39 said:

Why aren't people in my game dying? Getting tons of new Workers but, there have only been 9 deaths in my 3 year save. I have Death Frequency set to high but no change has happened.

It would depend on the make-up of the game world. If it contains neither many older people nor much drug use, or has a small number of characters to begin with, then obviously deaths will be quite rare as you won't have many, if any, 'natural' deaths to compliment the totally random ones.

14 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

It would depend on the make-up of the game world. If it contains neither many older people nor much drug use, or has a small number of characters to begin with, then obviously deaths will be quite rare as you won't have many, if any, 'natural' deaths to compliment the totally random ones.

Do the workers that left the business also slow the game down?

I was poking around the finance tab and noticed there's a section for 'Fines' under Show Costs, as well as a 'Fines' in the Media costs. I know that Media fines are for cancelling a broadcast contract early, but what would I have to do to get fined for a show?

I'm not sure if this is a technical question or not, but for some reason when I go into a worker's profile to change their picture, it doesn't show any available pictures. Yet, everyone who is supposed to have a picture has one, and the folder containing the pictures is the right one, and is filled with pictures when looking at it outside the game. Anyone know what's up?

Edited by seanzie87