General Gameplay Questions Thread

1 hour ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

I have never had a worker with a scandal, but check the workes personal info, it should say there if he has a scandal.

And I think he has to be on a show for negative effects to affect the company

It does say that he did bully a young fan, he is an announcer so I have no way to check if he is actually announcing the matches for the company or not

2 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

It does say that he did bully a young fan, he is an announcer so I have no way to check if he is actually announcing the matches for the company or not

oh yeah, forgot you can't check another promotions announcers.

I am stumped, only Adam can answer this I would assume(or someone with experience)

On 7/12/2024 at 10:59 AM, Sharkn20 said:

Trying to understand how scandals affect companies and workers.

As you can see this guy was involved in a scandal and deleted social media and all, however his popularity hasn't diminished and CWA Prestige or Momentum has not been affected, neither the popularity of the company.

A negative trait has not been added to the announcer either, so is like nothing happened.

Any tips in how this affects?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I'm guessing it's cosmetic?? Not sure how it effected me a couple of in game years ago. I noticed I got loyalty from the person I defended though.

On 7/12/2024 at 3:53 PM, Sharkn20 said:

Oh I thought it was you.

2 hours ago, chm39 said:

I'm guessing it's cosmetic?? Not sure how it effected me a couple of in game years ago. I noticed I got loyalty from the person I defended though.

Haven't seen anything different, so I guess is a cosmetic thing, at least when the ones involved are non wrestlers. Will keep an eye, just in case this happens with a wrestler, see if it's any different.

On 7/13/2024 at 11:01 PM, chm39 said:

Usually leads to the worker being toxic for a length of time, you will know this if you get a warning of it if you go to sign him

Ok guys, I am doing something wrong or my Db is corrupted

I am running AWA, which is NOT in an Alliance, so they should run shows anywhere

I have an event AWA Tour III which SHOULD take place in Manitoba, it is in the event settings, it is a lesser show

BUT when it comes up, it defaults me to Mid West

AWA is medium sized and #1 ranked in the world

What am I doing wrong here?

34 minutes ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

Ok guys, I am doing something wrong or my Db is corrupted

I am running AWA, which is NOT in an Alliance, so they should run shows anywhere

I have an event AWA Tour III which SHOULD take place in Manitoba, it is in the event settings, it is a lesser show

BUT when it comes up, it defaults me to Mid West

AWA is medium sized and #1 ranked in the world

What am I doing wrong here?

Those instructions are principally for the AI. If you're playing as AWA, it's going to default to your home region, which in this case is the Mid West. The user always has control of venue/location on the assumption that a user may not want to stick to what a database maker has set.

4 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Those instructions are principally for the AI. If you're playing as AWA, it's going to default to your home region, which in this case is the Mid West. The user always has control of venue/location on the assumption that a user may not want to stick to what a database maker has set.

Ok, so I left the game as Verne Gagne and they did the same thing, Manitoba House Show is still in the Mid West, checked the NWF where I had two shows, one in Great Lakes, one in Tri State, they are both in Great Lakes. I could see if I was part of the NWA, but this is puzzling

I must have corrupted something

BTW Mammoth, freaking AWA with your mod they have Dusty and Murdoch as Tag champs, Jack Briscoe as HW champ  for awhile until Bockwinkel came in and got it from him. They are STACKED with talent and the WWWF is floundering by pushing Victor Rivera and Thunderbolt Patterson?!?

This Test 6 run is my favorite even if ECWA and NJPW went bankrupt quickly which never happened before :(

Edited by OleCrankyGamer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm hoping some experienced TEW2020 players can assist me in mapping out my show schedule here - any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I plan on launching a lengthy Local To Global Series. 

I plan on running weekly shows on a Saturday, with the weekly shows called "LIVE". At some stage late in the year, I plan on running some Special events "aka PPV quality shows" which would fall on a Saturday too. So am I best to set up my schedule as "Weekly" and for sake of ease, number them like "001". But that then causes issues to do my "PPV quality" show on the same day? And won't my week v. schedule be quickly out of order etc? 

The other thought process is that I set up the weekly shows as "Annual", which allow me the freedom of naming them "LIVE 001", "LIVE 002" etc, add the supershow(s) as required, and then returning to the "LIVE" schedule. But then as the game progresses to year 2, won't the schedule want to label the shows as "LIVE 001 1", and then "LIVE 002 1", as it's recognizing the event as a recurring event?

Would ultimately like to navigate a way that I can have my weekly shows as "LIVE 001, 002", then add the supershow as required, and then return to "LIVE 003, LIVE 004" - supershow - and then "LIVE 005, LIVE 006"..... 

Hope that make sense, appreciate any assistance! :)