General Gameplay Questions Thread

In theory, is Brand Product a way of getting around popularity growth being paused when changing to a product that is very different?

For example if I make a brand and make it a very different product to my company product base, and set the TV and event to be linked to that brand. Is there any practical difference?

I didnt want to post this in tech support incase something has changed. But the game just allowed me to do a once in a lifetime match in a triple threat match.... I thought once in a lifetime was only for 1v1? I had a pre-booking which was 1v1 and had the aim of once in a lifetime, and then i changed it to a three way but did not edit the road agent notes (as there was no need to change them, as the winner etc was the same) and it went through fine. Has anyone else been able to do this?

image.thumb.png.d57e9f5f1dcdc0bcea534a69a2fd5e81.png

3 minutes ago, KingAj said:

I didnt want to post this in tech support incase something has changed. But the game just allowed me to do a once in a lifetime match in a triple threat match.... I thought once in a lifetime was only for 1v1? I had a pre-booking which was 1v1 and had the aim of once in a lifetime, and then i changed it to a three way but did not edit the road agent notes (as there was no need to change them, as the winner etc was the same) and it went through fine. Has anyone else been able to do this?

image.thumb.png.d57e9f5f1dcdc0bcea534a69a2fd5e81.png

Replying to my own message, I have now tested this. If you do a pre-booking 1v1 as once in a lifetime, and then change it to any match, provided the people qualify for once in a lifetime it lets you. But if you pre-book from the beginning as a non 1v1 it wont. Perhaps a bug? Or 'Gaming' the system?

11 hours ago, KingAj said:

Replying to my own message, I have now tested this. If you do a pre-booking 1v1 as once in a lifetime, and then change it to any match, provided the people qualify for once in a lifetime it lets you. But if you pre-book from the beginning as a non 1v1 it wont. Perhaps a bug? Or 'Gaming' the system?

It's exploiting a loophole, so yes, you're gaming the system. As there are no further patches for the game, it isn't something that will be changed.

I tried to hire someone (I can't remember who now) on a local talent deal for a tribute show.

The worker refused because he thought he was too popular for a one night deal.

So I'm guessing there is a number where someone is "above" being what they assume is going to be a jobber, even though I was going to have them win.

Is here a fixed number? Is it different depending on company size?

Is there an e-mail setting that will stop auto-advance upon the debut of a brand new company? Nothing I've set to 'Important' has worked so far, including 'Booking Position Opens,' so I end up missing opportunities when I'm looking for a new job. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started a save with my own company in Japan with zero pop and have two questions.

1. One year in I'm only gaining 1 popularity every other month. Tried to make the ticket prices lower but that doesn't seem to change much other than making less money. Is there a way to gain pop faster?

2. The first few months I was making about $7.000 from sponsors. That number got lower and lower and I'm now only making $1.200 per month. In the handbook it says its about the economy and also my popularity but I didn't feel like those two were changing too much. Are there any other things factoring in?

• 3 weeks later...

My child companies are not increasing in popularity. It has been 3 in game months and they aren’t growing In popularity in any region. Their events are higher than the popularity in each region as well.

originally I took them over to watch them slowly climb the popularity in the wrestling world and reap the benefits of being a parent company. Because they aren’t growing their popularity I am left wondering, do child companies increase in size at all? 

any help is always greatly appreciated 

On 10/9/2022 at 8:27 AM, DarkAge said:

I've always played as bigger promotions but I wanted to mess around with starting out with a new promotion that had zero pop. I haven't done this yet so I wanted to spend the first two years experimenting so I gave myself a bunch of money and a broadcaster that was the biggest level everywhere. After a month of having zero pop and running two shows a week and a ppv, all of which had a 46-60 rating, I have a grand total of 0 pop still. I've never paid that much attention to the company pop and how fast it raises of falls but I'd assume after a month that I'd see some kind of change. Can someone explain what's going on? Does it take longer for pop start to accumulate or is there something else that I don't know about?

It takes 5 shows to get to 1 pop in the beginning. Don't know if it goes faster after you get to a certain level, unfortunately I end up not liking something and starting over all the time, but it took me 15 shows to get to 3 pop. Don't think you can't actually get pop any faster either at the beginning.

Let's say I got a wrestler with 58 psychology, I noticed that it takes 10 matches to get him one point in psychology.  I tend to have them wrestle a variety of opponents. My question is, if I put him in a feud with someone of around 80+ psychology, and had him wrestle only that guy, would his psychology go up faster? What does the difference between psychologies need to be to make the psychology go up faster? Or does it matter at all? Does it only go up .1 regardless of his opponent's psychology?

On 3/17/2024 at 12:02 AM, Lostwolfnesbit said:

It takes 5 shows to get to 1 pop in the beginning. Don't know if it goes faster after you get to a certain level, unfortunately I end up not liking something and starting over all the time, but it took me 15 shows to get to 3 pop. Don't think you can't actually get pop any faster either at the beginning.

That doesn't sound right to me. If you set tickets to free, you can get pop quite a bit faster than that, as I recall.

4 hours ago, Thane of Fife said:

That doesn't sound right to me. If you set tickets to free, you can get pop quite a bit faster than that, as I recall.

I set my shows to free, and actually playing right now at running two shows a week, I still haven't got it. Maybe it takes 5 weeks? Or maybe it goes up faster if I only run one show a month?

21 hours ago, Lostwolfnesbit said:

I set my shows to free, and actually playing right now at running two shows a week, I still haven't got it. Maybe it takes 5 weeks? Or maybe it goes up faster if I only run one show a month?

I believe that when you're really small, you have a very low cap on how much your popularity can increase per month (like a half a point per month or something). So if you're running a lot of shows per month, you're probably getting pretty much your full allotment of growth from the first show, and then the rest of them aren't doing anything for you (your company at least - your wrestlers may benefit from working more often).

Quick question regarding broadcasting.

If I have a weekly event in Mid South, is it worth me securing a TV deal with a network that only broadcasts to the Mid South? Or is there no real benefit as I'm actively running shows in that area week in week out?

Edited by Powerful_Fox

12 hours ago, Powerful_Fox said:

Quick question regarding broadcasting.

If I have a weekly event in Mid South, is it worth me securing a TV deal with a network that only broadcasts to the Mid South? Or is there no real benefit as I'm actively running shows in that area week in week out?

There'd be no real benefit in that situation unless the broadcaster had a coverage size of significant enough size to be gaining you extra fans and popularity, which is very unlikely if they're only broadcasting to one region.

Let's say I got a wrestler with 58 psychology, I noticed that it takes 10 matches to get him one point in psychology.  I tend to have them wrestle a variety of opponents. My question is, if I put him in a feud with someone of around 80+ psychology, and had him wrestle only that guy, would his psychology go up faster? What does the difference between psychologies need to be to make the psychology go up faster? Or does it matter at all? Does it only go up .1 regardless of his opponent's psychology?

12 hours ago, Lostwolfnesbit said:

Workers learn faster against better opponents.

I thought that having zero coverage meant that a company owned by a broadcaster would close? In my game, USPW hasn't had tv or PPV coverage for a long time, and have plummeted in size, just falling to Tiny. Is something wonky going on here?

uspw.jpg

10 hours ago, alliegolem said:

I thought that having zero coverage meant that a company owned by a broadcaster would close? In my game, USPW hasn't had tv or PPV coverage for a long time, and have plummeted in size, just falling to Tiny. Is something wonky going on here?

No, that has never been a thing. The only thing I can think of that is in any way similar is that a media group would close if it doesn't have any active broadcasters, so maybe you misread something about that.