General Gameplay Questions Thread

In the company settings (I know you can do it in the editor, there's probably somewhere else too, you need to find "TV Order" and switch it to the opposite of whatever it currently is.

So there is a way. Thank you, i'll try to find it. :D

Depends where you are. On any of the main screens, it's on the bottom bar (you may have to click the arrows a few times). On most screens, it will be next to the X button. In the editor... well, I assume you can't miss it in the editor.

Thank you! It never registered in my brain that there were more options if I pressed the arrows. :D

I've never really seen the point except for your own head-canon. Stuff like elimination order (and even things like Ironman, Most Eliminations etc in a Royal Rumble) all end up as flavour text and consigned to the annals of time once you've progressed past the segment.

I realise a lot of those things have pop differences, but are they really substantial?

Is there a way to set elimination order on matches? I can't seem to find in under the road agent notes

There wasn't in 2016 and I don't think there is one in 2020, besides Battle Royals having the "finalist" and "runner up" notes.

I've never really seen the point except for your own head-canon. Stuff like elimination order (and even things like Ironman, Most Eliminations etc in a Royal Rumble) all end up as flavour text and consigned to the annals of time once you've progressed past the segment.

I realise a lot of those things have pop differences, but are they really substantial?

It could be substantial if it was designed so there were different weights on gains and losses based on elimination order, which could be a thing for the suggestion forum. In the current design of the game, you're right that it statistically doesn't matter, but for a lot of people this game is their sandbox head-canon fantasy booker so... it would be a nice little thing for those people.

What's the deal with locations in the default database being so cheap to hire compared to venues?

For example: Why would I ever pick the Snake Pit in the South West, which costs 1,000 $ and has room for 1,000 people when I can go to Los Angeles, which costs the same but I can get up to 100,000 people to my show?

Am I missing something here?

The Snake Pit is a venue, it's a brick-and-mortal physical place, with a capacity of 1,000 people. It costs $1,000 to hire it out and only one company can use it at once.

Los Angeles is a location, a broad definition of a geographical area. The game will automatically choose an arena within Los Angeles (an imaginary one that doesn't exist in the database) with a capacity at the appropriate size for the crowd you're predicted to draw to the event you're running. The cost will be the same as a venue of that size would cost. In your case, since you're predicted to draw around 1,000 fans, the best venue size would be 1,000. So the game is saying that to book a venue in Los Angeles of the right size (1,000 capacity) will cost about $1,000. That's why it says "(estimated)".

The capacity of a location is the BIGGEST venue it's possible to book in that location. Not the size of the location you're going to actually be booking (it's a tad confusing at first if you don't know this, admittedly). For example, Freemont is a lot smaller than LA, so has a lower maximum capacity.

If you were a bigger company, expected to draw more fans, the cost would be higher. If you were expected to draw 15,000 fans for instance, the cost would be the same as for a 15,000 capacity venue ($20,000).

There is no functional difference between booking a show in Los Angeles and drawing 1,000 fans, and booking a show at the Snake Pit.

The advantage to this system is that you don't need hundreds of different arenas in the data. You can add in the famous/well known arenas and give them a bit of history, then have the other locations as generic cities/places, without limiting the user's choice. If I want to hold a show in Pittsburgh, I can hold a show in Pittsburgh without having to have loads of different arenas there at each different size level.

Ok, so I'm searching for a new worker to hire for the first time and it's not really the best system is it? How would I go about finding someone who's good on the mic, relatively popular in Australia and is available to hire?

The center list in the search window covers a lot of that. set "can work in" to Oceania and set intention to "To Hire" and it'll filter out anyone who's unavailable. . then just set your mic skill range to what you are looking for skill wise. .

Ok, so I'm searching for a new worker to hire for the first time and it's not really the best system is it? How would I go about finding someone who's good on the mic, relatively popular in Australia and is available to hire?

Since posting this, I've found the "To Hire" drop-down, I can set the Mic skill range from 80 - 100, just need to figure out the popularity thing??

Depends on the exact parameters you want, but it would just be, for example: minimum 40 pop in Oceania (or maybe a specific Australian region, I don't know if that's every region or an average), minimum Microphone skill of 60, and switch Intention to "To Hire".

The center list in the search window covers a lot of that. set "can work in" to Australia and set intention to "To Hire" and it'll filter out anyone who's unavailable. . then just set your mic skill range to what you are looking for skill wise. .

Yeah thanks, I've found To Hire since. I wasn't even too worried about "can work in" seeing as I can now ask people to come to Australia.

There's no way to see who's popular in Australia?

<p>Ok, so next question regarding contracts. I just hired a guy to be "exclusively work as on-screen personality" (my interviewer), he agrees to the deal and he's signed on as a wrestler. I go to his contract and it says exclusively an on-screen personality.</p><p> </p><p>

Is this a bug? I realise I can ask him to change to a personality (and he in fact agreed to), but if he's exclusively hired as a personality, why did he start off as a wrestler only?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You've got it backwards. You *need* something happening, someone rated on an "active" skill (like Entertainment, Fighting, Microphone) in order to avoid this penalty.<p> </p><p> If they're only rated on passive skills (like charisma, sex appeal, menace or Star quality) you'll get the penalty, because they're not actually "doing" much of interest on screen.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It still doesn't make sense to me. Default segments with attacks and brawling don't count as anything happening</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mjones212" data-cite="Mjones212" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It still doesn't make sense to me. Default segments with attacks and brawling don't count as anything happening</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Some of the default angles are messed up, yeah. Freestyle may be the way to go until they get fixed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mjones212" data-cite="Mjones212" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It still doesn't make sense to me. Default segments with attacks and brawling don't count as anything happening</div></blockquote><p> Some of the default angles are wrong. If you have the people fighting booked on "Fighting" instead of Overness then you'll avoid that penalty.</p><p> </p><p> Then the length the angle can go for is based on the popularity of the most over worker who is rated on Fighting. It's actually a much more intuitive system once you get the hang of it.</p>

When I make my company, I also make a seperate joshi company from my main puro company. We couldn't book them before, but can we book child companies now right? Also to be sure, performance centre are still dojos right? They will have the same training and all? Or better?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Suplewich" data-cite="Suplewich" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When I make my company, I also make a seperate joshi company from my main puro company. We couldn't book them before, but can we book child companies now right? Also to be sure, performance centre are still dojos right? They will have the same training and all? Or better?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Performance centers are better than dojos but more expensive.</p><p> </p><p> You can add a second player and play as the joshi company as the second player if you want since you can play as another player's child company now.</p>

Could someone point me towards an explainer on Loyalty?

I've just signed a bunch of young workers (with no loyalty or true born affliation to anyone else) to different contracts, and none have got loyalty to my company (BCG) now.

Does having Loyalty in Company Info set to True Born or Normal effect things?

Can someone help or point me towards an already existing explained?

Does anyone know where I can view the contract details for workers? Not just the pay and length of the contract, but also whether they have creative control and veto matching?

1) Go to roster screen

2) Click the double arrows above the popularity box to switch to the contract details box.

3) Click directly on the text that reads..."Please click here to view full contract"

Hope this helps (took me forever to find it as well). :)