General Gameplay Questions Thread

Do the updates to the beta affect a save I've already started? Should I be holding back starting on the big long main save I'm planning until the final version is out?

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but 79 pages is a bit much to search through

Certain changes have had pretty big impacts. For example, there was originally a momentum issue that caused a lot of problems. It seems like most of the major bugs have been ironed out, but a new one could be discovered.

Do the updates to the beta affect a save I've already started? Should I be holding back starting on the big long main save I'm planning until the final version is out?

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but 79 pages is a bit much to search through

Personally I'd wait to start a big save just in case.

The patches are save game compatible in that you don't need to start a new save each time, but any bugs that do affect your game usually won't be fixed by patches (patches normally PREVENT errors happening in future, but rarely are able to fix the results of errors you've already encountered).

With that said, it seems most of the bigger data-affecting bugs have been found and fixed already so in reality you should be fine.

Depends on what you mean by that.

You can continue playing a save using a new beta.

The new beta updates do affect your gameplay.

I have a quick question about randomly generated workers. I keep scanning the dev journal but I can't find anything on the subject. Does this feature still exist? If so how do I activate it?

What do you mean by "randomly generated"?

That could mean a lot of things and the answer depends on what you're looking for.

So do training facilities randomly pop up too? I forget if that's the case.

Dojos and performance centres are both created by companies, and I think they can do it organically, but don't quote me on that. Wrestling schools are founded by wrestlers who retire. It can happen randomly, but it can be made much more likely (or guaranteed? not sure) if they have a certain attribute.

So, I've been messing about with a converted CVerse 2010 database. Both NOTBPW and USPW begin with undersized women's divisions, and so they immediately hire a bunch of women.

What I can't figure out is that they both start at Medium size, and USPW has about twice as much money as NOTBPW does, but NOTBPW is offering exclusive written contracts and USPW is offering handshake deals. Does anyone know what the boundary for offering written deals is?

If this isn't the right place in the forum to ask I apologize and you can just delete this!

I have been studying the Products to find what is best for my 2012 WWE mod and "Episodic Entertainment" looks very promising. I am curious about the "Lengthy matches will tend to lose the audience" How is that length determined? For instance, will a main event match of 25 minutes with 2 major stars keep the attention more or is the attention level at a set time no matter where the match is on the card or who is involved.

If this isn't the right place in the forum to ask I apologize and you can just delete this!

I have been studying the Products to find what is best for my 2012 WWE mod and "Episodic Entertainment" looks very promising. I am curious about the "Lengthy matches will tend to lose the audience" How is that length determined? For instance, will a main event match of 25 minutes with 2 major stars keep the attention more or is the attention level at a set time no matter where the match is on the card or who is involved.

No, no matter who is involved after a determined lenght you get penalized, i don't remember exactly what number but there was a topic in the suggestion forum by MainOffender that covered it.

EDIT: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545889 here it is. And my mistake it wasn't from Jaded but by MainOffender. Sorry!

Are "lesser" intended events limiting wrestler's performance like if it was a tour intended or can I still get 100s? I run my schedule in multi days, for example the NJPW's "New Beginning in --" shows, so I don't want my wrestler's performance to be affected which is why I don't want to have my shows intended on "tours", I just want the attendance to be lower I guess if that makes sense. Thanks.

I don't know if i'm the only one who's having a really hard time with the editor. If I want to MASS EDIT alot of stats, like assigning attributes, increasing brawling, etc... I have to scroll manually and right click on a worker's name.

Let say I have a database of over 6000 people, it is very very hard to do mass editing. If I click on Toggle List, wich is better, the mass edit button dissapears!! why?

If I use the search button, I can only do one at a time because if I highlight one wrestler, it's deselected once change what i'm looking for

Big problem if you want to do it for a lot but not all of the workers. Because although you can "select all", you then have to go one by one scrolling manually and right click on the workers that you don't want to be part of the mass edit, which is a pain with databases that have a large list of workers.

Basic navigation is better using the old style list especially since the scroll bar is smoother and faster in terms of navigation (making searching through a list for say, a group of the workers that you wouldn't want to be part of a mass edit), but if you hit "toggle list" everything you selected will be gone and you can't mass edit.

And you can't use the "search" option under the new style lists because that too deactivates "select all" completely.

And using the search filter is no big help, because, again, "select all" will be deactivated once resetting the search filter.

The only workaround I can give you is use the search filter to select the exact type of folks you want to mass edit, or go company by company, do a "mass" edit on them, then reset the search and do it over again with other searches. And no, it is not optimal. I've taken the liberty of creating a topic in the suggestions forum and quoting your post (it seems to help when there's more than one person who sees the issue) with some suggestions on how to better things. Hopefully it'll be fixed somehow.

Hiring Rules for companies;

If I wanted to set an AI company to only use younger talent, I know I could set for them to not sign anyone over a certain age, but does that include resigning of contracts? I'm thinking in terms of a company that younger guys would spend a few years at before moving onto pastures new, rather than consistently sticking round and making up the numbers just because they're already there.

No, no matter who is involved after a determined lenght you get penalized, i don't remember exactly what number but there was a topic in the suggestion forum by MainOffender that covered it.

EDIT: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545889 here it is. And my mistake it wasn't from Jaded but by MainOffender. Sorry!

Thank you so much for this reply! The topic thread you linked to has answered not only my question here but clarifies some other items I had been wondering about!! Excellent!! :)

I tried testing out how Sister Companies work and I didn't really notice anything different from a working agreement. I read the directions for it and still wasn't 100% sure what it meant. Is it just a working agreement that can never be broken?

You have to be a National or Medium sized company to get workers on to written deals that are exclusive deals. You have to remember in 2010 USPW had not hit it big yet and where only Cult size so you cannot offer exclusive written deals.

Think you're getting some terms confused. Medium isn't the equivalent of National, it's the equivalent of Cult. And I haven't tested it, but in 2016, you could sign written deals when you were Cult.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CPBHBK" data-cite="CPBHBK" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I tried testing out how Sister Companies work and I didn't really notice anything different from a working agreement. I read the directions for it and still wasn't 100% sure what it meant. Is it just a working agreement that can never be broken?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From the journal, I believe this to be the case, yeah. The other thing is it’ll never form naturally in game - it’s meant to be used for feds which share a significant amount of staff, and have same canon.</p>

<p>Is there some secret way to filter by stat in the editor? Trying to balance a worker set and having to go back and forth between a save game and the editor to see how many people fall within a range is getting tedious.</p><p> </p><p>

Also not being able to mass edit groups of workers selected by skill is just kinda weird. There's gotta be a way, that I'm missing!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rick Savant" data-cite="Rick Savant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there some secret way to filter by stat in the editor? Trying to balance a worker set and having to go back and forth between a save game and the editor to see how many people fall within a range is getting tedious.<p> </p><p> Also not being able to mass edit groups of workers selected by skill is just kinda weird. There's gotta be a way, that I'm missing!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Super weird - for the first one, I can't see a way to filter by stat, but would starting a game and using the create MDB file option make things at least a little quicker?</p>