Public Beta Reaction Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zaktay8" data-cite="Zaktay8" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does everyone think of pushes being replaced with perception.Personally, I prefer pushes because it makes it easier to sort through the roster.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I also prefer pushes, I'm not a big fan of the perception.</p>

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even realize how much I loved this new resolution. I got done looking at all the individual workers that I wanted to see and then went to find the "company wars" screen and had trouble finding it. Then I saw it was on the right side of the main screen and realized I was not used to looking that far on my tv for a TEW game. I have it on my 70 inch tv and it looks awesome and I really don't notice this small font thing that everyone is talking about. Look at how much more room we have for activities.

U3YDEz0.png

Edit: Not sure how to get the image to show up. The code is there but no image is showing up in the forum.

Have had a quick go of it, not fully booked a show yet but the UI is a bit offputting for me tbh.

I'm an on and off player, but my opinion of the UI is that it feels a bit cluttered as to how the office screen is organised.

In TEW 2016, the individual buttons were set up in different categories and it feels weird coming into 2020 seeing them categorised in a way on the office screen.

Also, for some pages such as the stats and the calendar, the black background with white lines does feel a bit jarring, especially when it's a major part of the game, I think some additional colours would make this better though.

On the other side, I do like some of the additions to the UI, such as having some of the pop up buttons like Roster and Titles be available on the fly, makes it so much easier to just search for someone and keep your roster on hand as a popup for reference.

Also, not a big fan of just having everything stat-based, I personally enjoyed having grades instead of stats, as I felt it generally rounded up the stats of a worker to a more understandable level for someone who's doesn't want to focus on the numbers side too much.

Wanted to pitch in with some feedback, but thank you Adam for all your hard work on the game.

Sadly, I have to echo the negative comments. I've been playing since the EWR days and of course that doesn't make my opinion more valid but this is the first time I have felt let down by the series. As others have said, the UI is awful and I got a bit fed up after an hour and closed the game, a game I expected to be hooked with all night.

This will likely be the first TEW I won't buy on launch day.

What does everyone think of pushes being replaced with perception.Personally, I prefer pushes because it makes it easier to sort through the roster.

Initially I thought perception was going to be more on the lines of the actual emotions of the fans. For example, I expected there to be the possibility of fan rejected main eventers like we see in real life with something like "The Fans are sick/tired of this wrestler" but it's just a straight up replacement for pushes and whilst the broadness of it will certainly allow for more open booking in the future, I dislike the complete rejection of wrestling terminology we have become used to as fans. It's much easier to sort by main eventers and midcarders than "This person is a big star" and "this person is a star"

It certainly doesn't help that ridding the game of pushes also means that perception applies to your non-wrestlers. Making it harder to define who is actually an in-ring amongst your roster if you're unfamiliar with the company you're booking.

I didn't even realize how much I loved this new resolution. I got done looking at all the individual workers that I wanted to see and then went to find the "company wars" screen and had trouble finding it. Then I saw it was on the right side of the main screen and realized I was not used to looking that far on my tv for a TEW game. I have it on my 70 inch tv and it looks awesome and I really don't notice this small font thing that everyone is talking about. Look at how much more room we have for activities.

U3YDEz0

Edit: Not sure how to get the image to show up. The code is there but no image is showing up in the forum.

That's my main problem with it actually, it seems like everything was made small and so cluttered to allow for less clicking. Instead it resulted in a clunky screen that legitimately hurts to look at. And as someone with a history of migraines, it's a deal breaker for the game.

This will likely be the first TEW I won't buy on launch day.

I would have to agree. I must likely will be going back to 16 instead of buying 20.

I keep reloading it to give it a try but after 10 minutes I have to close it. Hurts my eyes, maybe I'm just old now lol.

TEW finally has a queer couple!

I'm still trying to get to grips with the new interface. Being able to use arrows/typing for navigation was essential, glad it's an option.

Otherwise just slowly exploring all the changes, checking out some of the new workers and history.

NOTBPW/CGC merge is very cool and shakes that scene up big time.

The Canadian animals are history : (

I cant for the life of me figure out how to assign someone a spot on the roster. It tells me that Allen Packer doesnt have a defined role, yet I cant figure out how to assign him one?

I am loving the trial so far otherwise! Been figuring things out on my own just by messing around, just cant figure out the one thing so far.

Also have we lost the ability to put in search terms? As in, being able to put in a word and get a hit if it's in a worker's bio/alter ego?

There is a search button (magnifying glass) on the left hand sidebar, that allows you to do this, and tells you exactly where your search term appears.

For anyone complaining of not being able to find certain screens, note that there's a button on the bottom bar (menu + options "cog") that allows you to customise the quick links on the bottom bar, which appear no matter what screen you're on.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to assign someone a spot on the roster. It tells me that Allen Packer doesnt have a defined role, yet I cant figure out how to assign him one?

I am loving the trial so far otherwise! Been figuring things out on my own just by messing around, just cant figure out the one thing so far.

Click on their name on the roster (it should be highlighted in yellow, it's at the top). That brings up their worker page. The roles will be there for you to click on and off, but Packer doesn't have a role by design, he's supposed to be a hands-off owner that lets the Booker run things their way.

So here are the problems I had with the game.

I haven't encountered any errors so far, the UI is the main source of complaints.

To list them:

1- Scroll wheel doesn't work with the new list (I changed them to the old lists) but some lists still have the new model and they don't work.

This is the only problem I'm having right now, also myself having changed to old lists. Mouse scrolling works on things like say the Workers tab, but if I go into Backstage or something that also has a bar, mouse scrolling won't work.

I'd also like an option to be able to Grab scroll, i.e. click and drag the mouse down inside a scroll field and have it scroll down.

Also highlighting doesn't seem universal either. It'll highlight blue on a worker screen, but if you go into something like Talk To Worker, it still has the bulletin button point on the left side thing going on.

As for the UI, I love the info dump approach, because it directly fixes the #1 problem I had with 2016, which is TOO MUCH DAMN CLICKING. Felt like it took 4 or 5 clicks to get to the most basic of info, and here it's all layed out right in front of you. Loving that.

On the roster screen click on the first line under USPW Status and a new window pops up to alter picture/bio etc. There are a series of checkboxes under Alter Roster Details. Tick whichever of those you want to use and click 'Save'.

It doesn't usually matter for people like Packer as he's the owner, so it's only an issue because you've taken his role.