Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UI will probably need some getting used to but after a period playing I think it will be fine for me.

I do however think that the color for the best attributes should be green and not yellow, but that's maybe because I'm used to green being the best.

I really dont know why that was changed, its imprinted in tew that red is bad, yellow is ok, green is good and blue is the best, i really dont know why yellow is suddenly the best now

When I installed the game it gave me an error stating that ole.dll couldn't be accessed or written to, something like that. I didn't think to grab a screenshot of it. When I found this thread I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but I couldn't reproduce the error.

I really dont know why that was changed, its imprinted in tew that red is bad, yellow is ok, green is good and blue is the best, i really dont know why yellow is suddenly the best now

I agree with this, seeing 90 as yellow looks weird to me. Hopefully, this can be changed.

Have only tinkered with it for a little while now. Created a new worker then created my own promotion. The UI does take some getting used to and at times there are a lot of buttons on the screen at once. With that said, I actually don't think it's that bad and after a few days playing the game, I will be more than used to it and will be able to navigate quicker as I'll remember where certain buttons are. I think playing WMMA 5 before this, helped me adjust to the UI a little easier.

So far if there's one thing I could ask for, it's that scrolling be enabled on all lists. Using the up and down arrows gets old real quick. Other than that, great job Adam and team and I look forward to wasting many hours with TEW 2020. Thanks again.

A few pretty minor non-UI and non-bug related criticisms I have:

1) Why are match ratio tied to product? It's just two sliders, and that little bit of customization would be good.

2) This one's super minor, but why is the default setting for area battles On Stars instead of Combined like it said it would be in the diary?

3) I'm really not a fan of how some things (like the info on what various settings means) was changed from a popup you could check to the handbook. It makes things take a bit longer.

Was getting rid of scrolling with the mouse wheel an intentional feature? It removes a lot of useful functionality if so, I hope it is an easily fixed accidental oversight.

You have to disable it in preferences, disable "new style coloured lists"

Was getting rid of scrolling with the mouse wheel an intentional feature? It removes a lot of useful functionality if so, I hope it is an easily fixed accidental oversight.

Not exactly, but it was seen as a necessary change to allow colored lists. Hopefully, the fact that not all lists are affected when you switch to the old style is something that can be fixed.

I don't care if I may be the minority... but I really like the new UI. I haven't dug a lot into the game yet, but I am breezing through it right now.

Only thing I miss is the letter grades instead of numbers, but I'm sure someone will make a skin of that at some point.