Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having to move segments up and down using those little arrows, whilst keeping track of one line of text among twenty so you don't move the wrong segment is a right pain in the butt.

I preferred how it was in TEW 2016 where you clicked the segment and then had the buttons that let you move it up or down.

WMMA 5 was very popular, and many called it Adam's best game. So I'm sure he took a "Go with what works" approach. I wonder what went wrong.

The fans of WMMA and TEW only have a small bit of crossover I feel. I played WMMA 5 and it's the best in the series, but then again, there's barely any posts about the game on the forums, TEW gets all of the action and thus should get a lot more love and be its own seperate property.

So, the only input I have right now is I would love if there was a way to integrate pushes AND perception.

I need to play around a bit more with it, but I would love to be able to see who I am currently pushing as a Main Event and also see who the crowd is latching on to and push them to the moon. I think both are useful and could really pack a one two punch if they worked together.

So, the only input I have right now is I would love if there was a way to integrate pushes AND perception.

I need to play around a bit more with it, but I would love to be able to see who I am currently pushing as a Main Event and also see who the crowd is latching on to and push them to the moon. I think both are useful and could really pack a one two punch if they worked together.

I literally have said this multiple times already. We don't need one or the other. Both concepts can exist.

I admit I haven't put in a lot of hours yet but I'm yet to find a list it didn't work on. Which ones is it not working on out of curiosity?

It doesn't work on any of them except the roster page? Doesn't work on Book Angle (when searching through the 50,000 angles), Book Match (when looking through the match types), Road Agent Notes, many more

Hope Adam can patch up 80% of the complaints made already. It really is hard to get a good flow going with it like this. I want to love this game so much and the UI is such an important aspect to any game so I don't understand people shushing others for a complaint, especially when they are so many in number. We just want to happily be able to give Adam our money and not be quietly letdown is all.

Hope Adam can patch up 80% of the complaints made already. It really is hard to get a good flow going with it like this. I want to love this game so much and the UI is such an important aspect to any game so I don't understand people shushing others for a complaint, especially when they are so many in number. We just want to happily be able to give Adam our money and not be quietly letdown is all.

Talk about nailing it in one post. This. This. This.

UI is shit people.

I can't say I've had any problems with the UI, though I'll admit I don't tend to have headaches and stuff from computer graphics so it may just not affect me. It's certainly a big ol' beast to wrap your head around but I'm not having any major problems thus far.

ingame editing broken

Ingame Editing seems broken

when i change skills of a worker and save, they are only 1 digits and there is nothing i can do about it. dont know if this is only a buggy display or if the value in the database is really only 1 digit but that makes my save right now worthless as i edited my top star into being a useles sack of skin unfortunately :D

Ingame Editing seems broken

when i change skills of a worker and save, they are only 1 digits and there is nothing i can do about it. dont know if this is only a buggy display or if the value in the database is really only 1 digit but that makes my save right now worthless as i edited my top star into being a useles sack of skin unfortunately :D

Confirmed as being fixed in upcoming patch. :)

Two more thoughts:

Pro - Perception. I don't want pushes back. The game tells us how our fans see the workers and it's up to us where we put them on the card. Pushes are always so fiddly and the constant 'i'm not happy with my push' messages were annoying.

Cons - I miss the check stats button whilst booking angles. Now if I want to check what a wrestler is good at, I have to go into the roster, find the relevant worker and go into his profile or look through the long list of stats.

I really like the wrestler attributes. I'm looking through my roster and I can see that Bryn Archer won't do stunts but will not hold back in any match. He is also quiet backstage. This gives him a lot of personality and life.

UK Dragon is a professional and will never agree to lose his mask.

I love this.

Another con though; is it me or is it not possible to search the handbook? The searches everywhere else on the game are fanastic but I don't want to read through every section of the handbook to find something.

For me, the game, at his current state, is just an early access version, not even a beta and it isn't ready to launch next week.

Besides the UI, the game lacks of user-friendly features that shouldn't be missing for a 2020 game.

Because I spent some much time playing TEW 2016, I'd rather have the game to be delayed for 3-4 months so that Adam and his team can polish the game.

For me, the game, at his current state, is just an early access version, not even a beta and it isn't ready to launch next week.

Besides the UI, the game lacks of user-friendly features that shouldn't be missing for a 2020 game.

Because I spent some much time playing TEW 2016, I'd rather have the game to be delayed for 3-4 months so that Adam and his team can polish the game.

Sorry I thought you said months instead of years.

Two more thoughts:

Cons - I miss the check stats button whilst booking angles. Now if I want to check what a wrestler is good at, I have to go into the roster, find the relevant worker and go into his profile or look through the long list of stats.

Just playing devil's advocate, would that not give you incentive to try and memorize workers' skill numbers therefore simulating a realistic experience? I love stats as much as most of you but getting lost in the numbers can really take the mystery of the learning your roster naturally and using your notepad to make notes of where your guys perform well, maybe from the road agent section. But if that were true, a sandbox/realism option would've been a much better option where the realism option did away with visible grades while booking all together.

It seems like half of us are really happy here whilst the other half have minor aesthetic and ease-of-access issues which can easily be patched within too long. I said earlier that the UI really effects the flow and automotive relaxing experience is stopping me from seeing a game that I want to spend money on right now but if I'm to be honest, I've got my fingers crossed that all the real in-game errors you guys are coming across get all the attention first. Aesthetics and ease of access will be the easiest to fix and most likely will be with all these complaints. Adam has never ignored us before.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Strieth" data-cite="Strieth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just playing devil's advocate, would that not give you incentive to try and memorize workers' skill numbers therefore simulating a realistic experience? I love stats as much as most of you but getting lost in the numbers can really take the mystery of the learning your roster naturally and using your notepad to make notes of where your guys perform well, maybe from the road agent section. But if that were true, a sandbox/realism option would've been a much better option where the realism option did away with visible grades while booking all together. <p> </p><p> It seems like half of us are really happy here whilst the other half have minor aesthetic and ease-of-access issues which can easily be patched within too long. I said earlier that the UI really effects the flow and automotive relaxing experience is stopping me from seeing a game that I want to spend money on right now but if I'm to be honest, I've got my fingers crossed that all the real in-game errors you guys are coming across get all the attention first. Aesthetics and ease of access will be the easiest to fix and most likely will be with all these complaints. Adam has never ignored us before.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For me the fun in booking shows comes from using my creativity and imagination and getting the best out my wrestlers. For the second part of that I need to know what their skills are. I do always have a spreadsheet to track this kind of thing but it was really handy to be able to go straight to the skills screen.</p><p> </p><p> I'm definitely in the 'minor aesthetic and ease-of-access issues' camp. The pros far outweigh the cons so far.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Strieth" data-cite="Strieth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just playing devil's advocate, would that not give you incentive to try and memorize workers' skill numbers therefore simulating a realistic experience? I love stats as much as most of you but getting lost in the numbers can really take the mystery of the learning your roster naturally and using your notepad to make notes of where your guys perform well, maybe from the road agent section. But if that were true, a sandbox/realism option would've been a much better option where the realism option did away with visible grades while booking all together. <p> </p><p> It seems like half of us are really happy here whilst the other half have minor aesthetic and ease-of-access issues which can easily be patched within too long. I said earlier that the UI really effects the flow and automotive relaxing experience is stopping me from seeing a game that I want to spend money on right now but if I'm to be honest, I've got my fingers crossed that all the real in-game errors you guys are coming across get all the attention first. Aesthetics and ease of access will be the easiest to fix and most likely will be with all these complaints. Adam has never ignored us before.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The point I absolutely don't agree with is "minor aesthetics [...] issues". The whole UI is awful. Almost every single aspect of it. To make this a game that I enjoy playing and a UI that I enjoy using, Adam would basically need to give it a complete overhaul and I don't know whether that's realistic.</p>

<p>Speaking only for myself. I found the UI difficult to work with to the point where I decided to leave it for now and return when there are some improvements. So in spite of playing since the EWR days, I couldn’t tell you much about which features are great and which need tweaking. </p><p> </p><p>

I know it’ll get improved so I’m not frothing at the mouth about it but right now I know my experience would be tainted by the UI so rather than try and force myself to play it I’m just waiting.</p>