Public Beta Reaction Thread

What? The name is in bright yellow at the top of the screen compared to black and white everything else? You can click the full "Name is a Age Race Nationality Gender wrestler" sentence at the top. You're now being rude on top of being literally incorrect.

I've seen that line a few dozen times and hadn't realised it was button until you mentioned it :eek:

He's making some very good points. You seem to be aggressive in your responses. No need, man. Chill.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that line a few dozen times and hadn't realised it was button until you mentioned it :eek:

He's making some very good points. You seem to be aggressive in your responses. No need, man. Chill.

I never tried to be aggressive, I'm just trying to spread the word about how to use the game since a lot of people seem to be confused and are needlessly harsh to the game for things that are really easy to work around or aren't problems once you get used to them.

I do like the quick fill option, loved that feature in WMMA 5. Being able to generate multiple workers in game is nice.

I do too. One thing I would like to see (and it’s no big deal) is an alert that the works were created. I kept pushing the button and had 5 works before I realized it had worked haha

pre booking

when you trying to pre book matches i dont get a list of my roster appear so i can drag and drop the workers in the match like you could in tew2016. Only have the drop down menu with the workers listed, is this a bug or intended?

Edit: they dont appear in the list untill after you have pre booked them in a match. strange design choice....

also why has time decline been taken off the creative meeting?

<p>Overall looks really good. Here are some thoughts:</p><p> </p><p>

1) It would be awesome to include a search feature in the help docs. There is so much there it can be hard to find what you're looking for. I was trying to figure out what stats were important for a Manger and i had to look through each individual skill.</p><p> </p><p>

2) Sometimes you can click on personality and it pops up with a description, sometimes you can't. It seems like you can only do it from the roster menu which isn't as helpful when you're trying to decide who to extend contracts for. </p><p> </p><p>

3) In general mystery meat (i.e. stuff that you can click on that isn't obvious) is not great UI so maybe include an underline to the font if you can click on text to get a pop up? Make it look like a hyperlink which is super easy for people to understand "hey, I can click on that!"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PhenomenalPat" data-cite="PhenomenalPat" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's disappointing. The weakness of the women's scene is the biggest reason I've never been able to really get invested in the Cverse. It's stuck in the 90s when it comes to the women. Talent in Japan, and a small group of of real workers elsewhere, but beyond that a bunch of models and strippers who get by on sex appeal. I'll give it a look, hopefully there is some good raw young new talent to atleast get behind, but the women's scene needs some serious attention. I usually have to import a bunch of Thunderverse women before I can even trying getting into a game with a good SHIMMER like promotion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Yeah I am SEVERELY disappointed in the lack of woman's wrestling promotions. Just a HUGE disappointment to be sure. I'll reserve comment on the feel and ease of use of the new designs and game play elements as it will take several play throughs to see what that feels like.</p>

<p>I fired it up for a little bit to look around. I haven't explored too much, but I really appreciate the intro to cornellverse. I think this is cool, and I hope that it is an option that Modders can mess with for different era files.</p><p> </p><p>

The reason why I'm waiting to dig in more is scrolling with the mouse wheel. I am happy with waiting until that feature gets put back in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeathZone2" data-cite="DeathZone2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The lack of being able to search for "good", "great", "excellent" workers is very disappointing. Same as searching for "draws", "well known", "icons" etc. Typing in the number ranges individually makes me feel like I'm in excel. TEW has always been a spreadsheet first and wrestling sim second. But at least 16 hid it. This just feels like I'm making spreadsheets and not playing a game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i agree, i hope an option gets added to make searching easier and more intuitive. The number system may be good after I get used to it, but for simply searching for specific kinds of workers I prefer the '16 version</p>

I’m not going to read every page now, but after a day here is my thought:

1) I do like the new color scheme.

2) I do not like not that all buttons are labeled or have some not so obvious icon.

3) Scrolling through lists with arrows and using first letter to go through them should be enabled as the default option.

4) Text is small on stats.

5)Stats are a PITA to read.

6) I miss the more vague searches.

7) I can’t pre-book matches. I don’t know why but I can’t select workers.

8) 2016’s angle filter and how match types were selected are superior to 2020.

I’m sure there is one not off top of my head but for every new thing in game there are some changes that I don’t understand where made and are worse. I guess I am not very confident in the QC that was done, or they were ignored because some of this stuff is obvious.

I do like how stables are handled, the new personality traits, etc.

I do too. One thing I would like to see (and it’s no big deal) is an alert that the works were created. I kept pushing the button and had 5 works before I realized it had worked haha

It does give a very quick alert at the top of the screen but it’s hard to see and easy to miss.

Okay, first impressions from a long-time player who's always adapted to changes going back to the launch of 2005 and all the subsequent additions.

I apologise if I'm going over old ground from the last 24 hours, but it's a 45+ page thread, and I guess it's intended for reactions. I have looked over the last few hours and seen I'm not alone in some of my views...

I second this, doesn't make sense that a rating of 100 is yellow, while mid-level 70-80s are green.

Thirded. The colours used in TEW over the years are so intuitive that I've used them for attributes in Football Manager for years now. I was never a fan of switching to numbers in the game, but I understood I was in the minority - and grades were always an option. But the colour shift is something that seems too counter-intuitive for long-time and newer players alike.

Bright Red - Pastel Green - Bright Green - Yellow isn't a shade:grade system I recognise from anywhere else, and I can't say that it helps ease me into a wholly new UI, never really having played WMMA5.

Losing match/show grades altogether... Well, okay, I don't care for it, but it is what it is. I prefer the slight vagueness of a B over an absolute 79, but what's done is done.

Losing keyboard support is a massive pain for navigating through lists for me. I don't understand programming, I have no idea why that's gone, but I was disheartened to see it in the Dev Journal and having now had the chance to play around with it I'm sad to see it's as frustrating as I feared. It doesn't help that there seems to be a tiny dead zone between names, and clicking on it does nothing. I'm someone who uses keyboard shortcuts a lot, and 15 years playing TEW makes it first nature to me to do so. This change will take a lot of getting used to.

(Also, no mouse wheel support!)

I like the option to reorder the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.

The Office screen is too cluttered. 40 small buttons with small font, everything in shades of black, gray and dark blue... Yes, everything is available in one place, but there's a lot of empty space with the Assistant/Quick Diary/etc. window taking up almost half the screen and the company profile/schedule at the top taking up a big chunk, too.

MAW are now TCW's developmental company - as everyone's expected at least since Sam Keith took over, if not since they debuted in the game!

Looking at the Training section, the Mid Atlantic Boot Camp isn't listed. I know it's closed, but I can't find a way to allow closed dojos/training schools to show up on the list as in previous games with Active/Inactive entries.

The icons down the left side of the screen... I can't say I'm a fan of the change. It seems like an area where larger buttons with text would have been the better choice.

All the white grids/black background when booking a show... Yeah, they hurt my eyes as well. Fortunately the main booking screen doesn't have them.

A lot of these UI changes may simply be things I get used to, but cumulatively they're a massive departure from 2016, which in many ways wasn't too big a departure from previous games.

Booking the Rip Chord Invitational show, I'm trying to run the titular tournament. I've set it up in the Tournament tab, but I'm not sure if I have to book the matches separately or if they're booked for me... Something to check the handbook about, I'm sure.

Having separate move up/down buttons for every segment is really a strange setup. I know the segments are single-click now, but it's more moving of the mouse, and given how small the buttons are, I just know I'm going to move segments I don't mean to.

Also, the shows are booked ME to opener again. Is the option to revert this still in the game?

I'll probably add some more when I've had more time to play.

EDIT: I see scrolling is something that can be enabled via the options screen. I'll do that when I come back to the game and see if it makes the experience a bit more friendly.

(Apologies if this posts twice - my connection crashed first time I tried.)

Don't know that anyone will see this in here, but one thing I have enjoyed so far is the removal of the whole "push" concept. I found a worker who was "Well Known" to the fans and in the span of an angle and a match against a "Star" managed to bump him up to being a "Star" himself. So much easier than the old way.

i also miss having the little question mark next to some options like in 2016. I don't want to have to look through the handbook for every little thing, and for a game like 2020 where so many new things are being added a quick little tab that answers your immediate question on things would be extremely useful

Don't know that anyone will see this in here, but one thing I have enjoyed so far is the removal of the whole "push" concept. I found a worker who was "Well Known" to the fans and in the span of an angle and a match against a "Star" managed to bump him up to being a "Star" himself. So much easier than the old way.

The new perception system is absolutely wonderful. I love it. Much better than what we had before. Great quality of life improvement, imho.

The new perception system is absolutely wonderful. I love it. Much better than what we had before. Great quality of life improvement, imho.

Completely agree. This, and the personality given to the characters, makes the game world so much more realistic.

For all the (justified) complaints about the UI (it definitely hurts my eyes/head and is unclear in a lot of places), the "meat" improvements like this are really top-notch and shouldn't be overlooked.

If we can just get the UI improved, and some QoL improvements to reduce the number of clicks (like say being able to access worker stats while booking angles to see what to rate them on) the game would be a clear winner.