Public Beta Reaction Thread

I hope so because you're not saying anything at all atm.

And YOU need to push back your purchase until you think it's worth paying $35 for. ;)

I haven't really played the game so i can't judge, but WMMA5 launched very smoothly and I'm confident this one will too. There's still 5 days. You know he will eventually "complete" your game. Wait for it.

Anyhow, just read the rant in the player handbook in the "creative" session that explains why "Time Decline" is no longer a thing. Had me chuckle. Never realized there were booker cults here. :p

@rufas: Heavens, no. Don't get a 4k monitor just for this, you're going to be forced to scale the game and it will look ugly. It takes up one third of my screen atm. Not ideal. I'm playing it more on my laptop from work (also not ideal :p)

Well hold off on the WMMA5 comparisons then, because that's like GOTY compared to what we're getting with 2020.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well I'm mind blown by the amount of people that actually make their own product. You know what I think? :p Once a feature becomes unavailable, it's thèn people start complaining. It's a bit weird we just get locked out of it and have to ask for products, but in the end it's all just a name and effects. Most of the effect combinations are represented, so what do you miss? Tweaking the "low" and "very low" values of your product that you know have no effect?

it's not just creating your own product, it's also about progressing to new products. I like the created products that are there, but the sandbox nature is going away in some cases.

if you're mind is blown that people use a feature, then you're not thinking outside of your own space. People are allowed to dislike it and are allowed to voice that a game style they like is being changed.

Yeah well I'm mind blown by the amount of people that actually make their own product. You know what I think? :p Once a feature becomes unavailable, it's thèn people start complaining. It's a bit weird we just get locked out of it and have to ask for products, but in the end it's all just a name and effects. Most of the effect combinations are represented, so what do you miss? Tweaking the "low" and "very low" values of your product that you know have no effect?

I think it is because people want to book how they book so they normally change product so their style if booking doesn't cause them to get lower ratings.

I have bought every single version of TEW and religiously played all of them. This years UI is taking some getting used to. I miss my wheel mouse at all times. Overall I think I.lkke the gameplay once you figure out the buttons.

One thing I find hilarious is the amount of "new member" accounts flooding in here to rip the game. I feel.like the established users, the people who frequently visit these forums and take part in this community are more satisfied.

Feels more legitim because of an old acc?

I spent years to ghost-read here, and i create a special acc to give my opinion on it.

If you like it then it's ok, but people still got the right to say that for a 2020 a lot of things are unnaceptable/unplayable without being a veteran?

I mean, established user isn't forced to have an acc here :)

it's not just creating your own product, it's also about progressing to new products. I like the created products that are there, but the sandbox nature is going away in some cases.

if you're mind is blown that people use a feature, then you're not thinking outside of your own space. People are allowed to dislike it and are allowed to voice that a game style they like is being changed.

Agreed people are allowed their opinions. It just doesnt make their opinion correct and everyone is taking that opinion that the game is broken and that's just wrong.

I think it is because people want to book how they book so they normally change product so their style if booking doesn't cause them to get lower ratings.

I don't know, I think what's worrying people is how this applies to Real World mods.

I don't think people realize just how much of a false choice the pre-2020 product settings were. There were a couple of "cheat" products in the old system, but the products available (and especially the implementation of a core product) ensure meaningful choices and distinctive differences between promotions in a way that the old product setting system didn't.

And this isn't helped by the number of people taking aim at the new product system because of the issues they have with individual products. I think it's weird that the Golden Age product has a more even split between matches and angles than the Silver Age product, but that kind of tweak is the easiest thing in the world to make and I'm sure will turn up in a patch at or near release. It's not a reason to scrap an entire core game system.

Feels more legitim because of an old acc?

I spent years to ghost-read here, and i create a special acc to give my opinion on it.

If you like it then it's ok, but people still got the right to say that for a 2020 a lot of things are unnaceptable/unplayable without being a veteran?

I mean, established user isn't forced to have an acc here :)

If you think this game is downright unplayable then I am sorry for you. I am sorry that people feel that way. I find a few things less than ideal but it's still a good game worth twice the $35 tag with the amount if customization and replay ability

Agreed people are allowed their opinions. It just doesnt make their opinion correct and everyone is taking that opinion that the game is broken and that's just wrong.

:confused:

"allowing opinion doesn't make it correct"

"if you have this opinion you're just wrong."

think through those couple of statements.

You haven't even played the beta yet you're judging people for being critical and missing half the picture in the process. People aren't just complaining about the Products because they can't create their own, the pre-set Products were just terribly executed.

I.E. Hardcore or violence-centric companies penalizing bookers for doing Death Matches.

"Modern" companies giving penalties on any match that's less than 20 minutes. 90% of the roster has stamina under 70.

Besides being incapable of creating your own Product, it's like the Products we've been given are in direct conflict with themselves, it's really bizarre, unrealistic, and not playable.

I've always started my own company in TEW2016, but if I keep playing 2020 I'll just play as DEVIL and book for 5SSW, but what if in my headcanon I decide I want her to strike out on her own and create a "Women's Revolution" in the C-Verse? How am I going to exercise my imagination and creativity when half the Products I have to choose from don't even make any sense or would punish me hard for striking out on my own?

I'm just trying to build a good real world mod at the mo. I really like this game.

I converted a real world TEW 16 mod into the game to play with the AEW.

And I am very disappointed because the company cannot match TNT expectations and I got dropped after just 3 weeks being unable to produce a show above a 65 rating...

So please make something about it.

Well hold off on the WMMA5 comparisons then, because that's like GOTY compared to what we're getting with 2020.

WMMA5 had 6 patches in the first 5 days, there were a ton of complaints about it at the time. Just like there were a ton of complaints about TEW2016 at the time, it got patched 10 times in the first week, and most people ended up being happy with it.

If you think this game is downright unplayable then I am sorry for you. I am sorry that people feel that way. I find a few things less than ideal but it's still a good game worth twice the $35 tag with the amount if customization and replay ability

Is this a joke? $70 for this? Wow!

It doesn't help that products are insanely stringent in regards to penalties and offer zero flexibility. Playing as a 60/40 company and I get penalized for running any angle over 5 minutes?

It doesn't help that products are insanely stringent in regards to penalties and offer zero flexibility. Playing as a 60/40 company and I get penalized for running any angle over 5 minutes?

What is the angle rated on? I have run 10 minute angles on TCW and did not have a penalty

WMMA5 had 6 patches in the first 5 days, there were a ton of complaints about it at the time. Just like there were a ton of complaints about TEW2016 at the time, it got patched 10 times in the first week, and most people ended up being happy with it.

I feel like a lot of these folks may have not been around for prior beta releases. I don't think a ton of people are on the testing team. We're essentially voluntary guinea pigs for the first week. I have no doubt Adam will have the game running smoothly by day 1 of launch. He's quick to fix bugs as they pop up in any version of TEW.

The UI is the bigger issue, as that's gonna be harder to "fix" so hopefully people are more upset at change and not the actual UI. If it is the actual UI, I'm sure it's something our wonderful community of mod makers can come up with a nice solution for.

All in all, I love this game series, and I'm excited to play it when it comes out next Thursday.

Would there be any chance of a fullscreen or borderless mode? I sometimes play further away from my PC screen, and feel that a basic window is not enough for me to see the game without having to change my PC resolution.

Sadly no. There's a feature on Windows 10 called Magnifier that you could set to 140%, turn off the follow settings and then hit the Windows+(Plus) shortcut keys every time you start the game up.

I feel like a lot of these folks may have not been around for prior beta releases. I don't think a ton of people are on the testing team. We're essentially voluntary guinea pigs for the first week. I have no doubt Adam will have the game running smoothly by day 1 of launch. He's quick to fix bugs as they pop up in any version of TEW.

The UI is the bigger issue, as that's gonna be harder to "fix" so hopefully people are more upset at change and not the actual UI. If it is the actual UI, I'm sure it's something our wonderful community of mod makers can come up with a nice solution for.

All in all, I love this game series, and I'm excited to play it when it comes out next Thursday.

I think it's important to separate the mechanics of the UI from design. When ever a new game comes out there is always a phase of "where is XYZ?" that takes some getting used to. But the more I am playing the more the design is just making cry.

I'm finally having an opportunity to book a show (I know ... i was busy lol). And the match result screen simply looks cheap.

Why do you have two square boxes to go with round boxes?

Why is my banner shorter than the info box below it?

Why do boxes at the top not line up at the bottom?

Why are our worker images so small?

And why is the segment score SO SMALL?

There is a lot of area to work with on these screens to make the design really pop, look good and functional. But spacing is all over the place and really seems to be unfinished at best and an afterthought at worse.

Sure it is something I can get used to .... but that isn't necessarily a good thing.