Public Beta Reaction Thread

I was a bit sad that we don't see Alliance Supershows like the old NWA shows or like how NJPW and ROH do joint shows, but maybe that is something that can be added later.

This has been stated by Adam as being somewhat of an unlikely add/impossibility due to the way things are coded.

Sadly.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drag and drop for segments would be pretty sick since booking does often require lots of rearranging.

Or maybe it's just me. I could be part Vince where indecisive AF about my final script. Wouldn't it be crazy if Vince played Adam's game. I think Adam would tell us if he did, even if it meant losing his videogame developer license.

I loved the idea of bulk taping of TV, and it works wonderfully. I wonder if there is a way to change the focus of the TV like an 80s show where squash matches and promos were the norm.

What exactly do you mean by "change the focus"? You can use brands to change the product, match focus, and angle focus for a show. Just create the brand with whatever settings you want, put everyone in that brand, and set events as unbranded.

I think it does depend on the mod, have you tried MrVillian’s 2004 mod yet?

I just booked my first episode of Raw and got a 90, so it seems fine to me.

I appreciate the kind words man. Means a lot. I've been getting great feedback on my mod. It's probably the first stable RW mod released

Can I just say that I appreciate the hell out of the changes made to the financial system between 2016 and 2020. So much more realistic!

(your mod may vary, C-Verse is on point)

It's better now that workers require travel costs; it was way out of whack before that.

iPPV is still way overpowered.

Just a minor grievance from me.. Hate to say it. When you set everyone in an angle to be scripted, and then you go back in to adjust small parts of the angle or what have you, the boxes are automatically unchecked regardless of what I had them set to before. Surely this doesn't have to be this way. :( Makes segments tank for me unintentionally all the time. Is this just a "git gud" situation on my end? :p

Been away from the internet for the past week or so but I managed to play a bit of the newly patched game (my last patch was #10) last night and had a blast. Really impressed with the workload and consistent news updates from Adam regarding the graphics and whatnot. No issues laying down my money at all now, the game now feels like a true sequel. Fingers crossed this means that the 2024 beta goes much smoothly hahaha. The new background mockups look awesome compared to 2016.

Big ups to those of you that gave productive critique! Even those of you who had emotional hot takes, I'm sure your worries propelled the development into being as fast as it was. 22 patches before release! Wow.

EDIT: Kijar, I noticed that as well. A fix would be nice.

Just a minor grievance from me.. Hate to say it. When you set everyone in an angle to be scripted, and then you go back in to adjust small parts of the angle or what have you, the boxes are automatically unchecked regardless of what I had them set to before. Surely this doesn't have to be this way. :( Makes segments tank for me unintentionally all the time. Is this just a "git gud" situation on my end? :p

I think this was a glitch that was fixed in Patch 22 but then there was that new issues in 22 that caused new games to crash so hopefully it will be all fixed for tomorrow's patch.

What exactly do you mean by "change the focus"? You can use brands to change the product, match focus, and angle focus for a show. Just create the brand with whatever settings you want, put everyone in that brand, and set events as unbranded.

I meant that the way TV shows were produced in the 80s were very different from what we have now. They were studio shows that drove to live events without PPVs. Mainly, that the TV was designed specifically to build to the house shows that people would go out to. So, the purpose of TV wasn't to see outstanding matches or to build to PPVs but to sell tickets to house shows. That is why the focus of the TV was building stars through squash matches and building feuds with promos.

Match quality, in that case, shouldn't be as important to the overall rating of the show if we were simulate that correctly, as the show, historically, should just be squash matches with the occasional match between stars every few months.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jericho Rules" data-cite="Jericho Rules" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I meant that the way TV shows were produced in the 80s were very different from what we have now. They were studio shows that drove to live events without PPVs. Mainly, that the TV was designed specifically to build to the house shows that people would go out to. So, the purpose of TV wasn't to see outstanding matches or to build to PPVs but to sell tickets to house shows. That is why the focus of the TV was building stars through squash matches and building feuds with promos.<p> </p><p> Match quality, in that case, shouldn't be as important to the overall rating of the show if we were simulate that correctly, as the show, historically, should just be squash matches with the occasional match between stars every few months.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that depending upon your product setting and in game rules you can emulate this quit well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think that depending upon your product setting and in game rules you can emulate this quit well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okay, that is awesome.</p>

I think that depending upon your product setting and in game rules you can emulate this quit well.

You can...kinda...but not really. There's a few caveats and workarounds needed, and you undoubtedly will end up having to "fill in the blanks" yourself (that is, use your imagination to overcome the limitations of the game with regards to historical time settings in particular). The more 80s era products give more leeway to match ratings...but only so much.

To piggyback on that for historical mods from the pre-MNW era: 2020 has brought some really good things to the table for historical games or brought them back after their being missing from 2016 (like the revenue cost split for broadcasting deals and in-game start year impacting PPV and such), other things - at least so far as it stands now - need workarounds. Contracts still simply do not mimic old school business. They just don't. It's likely a limitation that cannot be overcome. House shows can't be directly booked, and those were the more important events than the TV shows (as the other poster stated, TV was really just advertisements for house shows). You can set up events and not televise them to mimic this (and think of what TEW brands house shows as spot shows which were less important), but then you're handicapping yourself in the game by doing that and the AI isn't going to follow suit.

Venues can be tied to specific events...but not TV shows. Hopefully that'll change, but until it does the only workaround is to set up a weekly event and tie that into a broadcasting deal. The problem with that is that TV show ratings and event ratings may not be dealt with the same way internally (from what I understand, I could be wrong there). Moreover, if the historical mod is set in the pre-PPV days or under strict usage, then the AI won't seek broadcasting deals for it's events. Which, again, is the only way to have a fixed venue for a "TV show" (that's not a TV show internally in the game due to the workaround)...except if the mod is set to pre-PPV or strict usage, then the AI won't seek those deals which means you might just end up looking up results for rival promotions and see that Memphis or Crockett Promotions has not been airing out of the TV studio every week at all which can break immersion.

I've actually just downloaded it and had a quick look. Looks promising although I think I'll be getting rid of heat and velocity as I don't have the patience to even use auto booker for those sort of shows lol

Hahaha absolutely the first thing I did!

It’s hard enough booking two shows a week, let alone four!

That would be that payouts are a lot more realistic for wrestlers, as are ticket prices. For example, a mid level guy in a small indy might get paid $25-$40 and that is exactly what they're paid in this game.

Meanwhile, contracts for big companies are appropriately huge.

While both of these ends are great, and I'm really pleased the unknowns are working so cheaply, it's the middle that falls down - the big name indie stars in Tiny or Small federations - like Bradford Peverell in FCW, who's more popular in Puerto Rico than about half a dozen of USPW's roster are, or American Flash in CZCW, who can say the same thing in the South West - ALSO only want $40, which kills the realism for me.

While both of these ends are great, and I'm really pleased the unknowns are working so cheaply, it's the middle that falls down - the big name indie stars in Tiny or Small federations - like Bradford Peverell in FCW, who's more popular in Puerto Rico than about half a dozen of USPW's roster are, or American Flash in CZCW, who can say the same thing in the South West - ALSO only want $40, which kills the realism for me.

Huh, I thought that was meant to be fixed by patch 16. Didn't realise it was still happening.

Huh, I thought that was meant to be fixed by patch 16. Didn't realise it was still happening.

It fixed the issue with foreign stars who are employed as they want a similar amount to what they're earning in their home country. Hasn't done anything to people only big in one area as they're staggeringly underpaid in the feds they ARE working in so it doesn't make a difference. A later patch at least added travel, but overall there's still a fairly tiny difference between someone with 0 overness everywhere and someone with 40+ in one area.

Friday 15th, between 10AM and 1PM Arizona time.

Are we certain it's actually going to launch today? Adam mentioned he would make a new post by yesterday confirming the release date or at the latest this morning. I would imagine if he still hasn't confirmed by the day before the planned release, they probablym won't be ready by today.

Are we certain it's actually going to launch today? Adam mentioned he would make a new post by yesterday confirming the release date or at the latest this morning. I would imagine if he still hasn't confirmed by the day before the planned release, they probablym won't be ready by today.

Arlie released a trailer yesterday with today as the release date, which to me is confirmation enough.