Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it hasn't really dawned on me what the benefit of the new search function actually is since in 2016 I always just used my keyboard anyway. The bonus being that I could also just scroll up and down once I arrived at the top of the list. No matter how you slice it, it's slower in 2020.

EXACTLY! 2016 had an option just to type on your keyboard to take yourself to the spot you want to be in!

The only bright side I will say about the 2020 way, it when you can't seem to find exactly how the mod maker labeled the wrestler's name in their mod.

Like looking for Barry Darsow since he could be like 2 or 3 different gimmick names. Then again, who in the heck is looking for Barry Darsow anyways? Nobody... Nobody is looking for Barry Darsow. But my point still stands!

I've only noticed it being added on talk to worker and drug testing, there's countless screens still missing it

I THINK it was also added to Figurehead. He doesn't mention exactly where it's added, so you'd never really know unless you'd paid attention to each screen before he changed it.

Like looking for Barry Darsow since he could be like 2 or 3 different gimmick names. Then again, who in the heck is looking for Barry Darsow anyways? Nobody... Nobody is looking for Barry Darsow. But my point still stands!

In 2016, you can just type in "The Repo Man", and if you don't find what you're looking for, tap the down arrow once and type in "Barry Darsow", etc. etc.

In 2016, you can just type in "The Repo Man", and if you don't find what you're looking for, tap the down arrow once and type in "Barry Darsow", etc. etc.

Yes yes, that's what I mean. At least with 2020 all you need to do is type in "Repo" then you won't need to worry about them entering the name as (The Repo Man) vs (Repo Man)

(The Undertaker) vs (Undertaker)

(The Ultimate Warrior) vs (Ultimate Warrior) vs (Warrior)

mods obviously have different ways to input some guys. I think a 98 mod has Ultimate Warrior as just Warrior. Then 1990 mod has him as Ultimate (Warrior) So at least with 2020 I can just type in (Warrior) & get every picture with that word listed in it.

That's literally the only good praise I can give the new style. A slightly simpler way to find all pictures with a certain word.

Too bad that after you find the pictures, you then need to click on each one.

Another case of one step forward, 2 steps backwards in 2020.

Is anyone else finding merchandise cuts to be a real sticking point for negotiations? I've tried three different real world mods and every time I've tried to negotiate with new signings the owner never allows merchandise cut to be over 10% (tried with different promotions too). As a result the worker wants perks elsewhere but no matter what else I raise the merchandise cut still means I can never sign anyone with reasonable profile. Really frustrating.

Yes yes, that's what I mean. At least with 2020 all you need to do is type in "Repo" then you won't need to worry about them entering the name as (The Repo Man) vs (Repo Man)

(The Undertaker) vs (Undertaker)

(The Ultimate Warrior) vs (Ultimate Warrior) vs (Warrior)

mods obviously have different ways to input some guys. I think a 98 mod has Ultimate Warrior as just Warrior. Then 1990 mod has him as Ultimate (Warrior) So at least with 2020 I can just type in (Warrior) & get every picture with that word listed in it.

That's literally the only good praise I can give the new style. A slightly simpler way to find all pictures with a certain word.

Too bad that after you find the pictures, you then need to click on each one.

Another case of one step forward, 2 steps backwards in 2020.

Ah. Yea. Tha's fair. That's good for people who play other people's mods, which is the majority, yea. I've always, since TEW 2004, exclusively played my own mods, and I've also used the very same picture folder since 2004, so I have everything memorized after using the same folder for 16 years, hah. But yea, this is why I didn't put myself in the shoes of those who play other people's mods. So yea, that can be a benefit.

I think it's fair to say that with any release there will always be a few wobbles here and there but something as important as the booking analysis option would stand out. Saying that, the team are quick to fix the issues so kudos for that.

I'm actually feeling more confident with 20 with each time I'm playing it. My only problem is the low ratings associated with real world mods. It's quite frustrating but at the same time I think that's the mods issue rather than the game.

I think I'm gonna switch to CVerse today to try and get used to it as I'm certain we won't have a stable real world mod for a while.

But yeah.. it's growing on me :)

I think it does depend on the mod, have you tried MrVillian’s 2004 mod yet?

I just booked my first episode of Raw and got a 90, so it seems fine to me.

What are peoples thoughts on the fact that if you lose television in a part of the world. You will not be able to negotiate a TV deal with any other TV broadcaster in that region for at least a year? Anybody encounter that? I saw it in a LP I was watching yesterday & was shocked to see it. I feel like thats really unrealistic. I haven't had that happen to me yet, but that seems like something that shouldn't happen. I don't see why every other broadcaster would turn it's nose toward you, especially when you meet their requirements.

In my TNA Game, i used punk who had like 10-15 pop USA. I booked him in 1 B tv show, he got injured. Now i just book him in 3 minutes backstage segment every B shows + on Events. He raised to 35+ pop USA in 2 months and a half.

Keep doing stuff like this you might have people over. Remember it takes more than a month to have someone over, just like in real time.

Dont expect to play WWE, sign a random guy and make him main even mania 3 months later.

To be fair, that’s why wrestling companies used to always use vignettes for months before a new guy that they want to get over actually debuts. Think of guys like Val Venis, they’d do a TONNE of angles every week before their actual first match.

That’s the way to build someone up who you want the fans to immediately care about.

Here's hoping the game fixes all of those weird, small, quality of life issues that I've been banging on about the last few weeks!

I have to say all of the QoL issues I’ve wanted fixed (particularly once I realised turning off coloured lists fixes scrollbars AND sorts storylines alphabetically) have been sorted except for a few things.

1. Moving segments is still painful

2. Lack of View Worker button on angle screen

3. Ability to edit default angles like freestyle ones (although I don’t think this one is coming)

4. Tweaking of the converter to stop turning positive 2016 characters into negatives

4. Tweaking of the converter to stop turning positive 2016 characters into negatives

I honestly don't know what's up with that one! When I converted my DBZ mod. My entire mod had zero people with addictions or steroids. I transfer it over to 2020. All of the sudden a lot of my bigger guys are on roids. Hecking Broly was on roids! That made me laugh. I think android 19 had trouble with the law. Lots of random people had soft or hard drug addiction. It was very confusing.

I honestly don't know what's up with that one! When I converted my DBZ mod. My entire mod had zero people with addictions or steroids. I transfer it over to 2020. All of the sudden a lot of my bigger guys are on roids. Hecking Broly was on roids! That made me laugh. I think android 19 had trouble with the law. Lots of random people had soft or hard drug addiction. It was very confusing.

Apparently it picks the slider that’s most significant and that’s their personality, so if they’re mercenary they become a mercenary character type even though they were a positive influence in 2016 (ie every other slider balanced themselves out)

Hopefully it gets tweaked so it can identify positive (or negative for that matter) influences in 2016 and then assign an appropriate personality type.

It’s literally the one thing holding me back converting a mod and playing long term right now.

I have to say all of the QoL issues I’ve wanted fixed (particularly once I realised turning off coloured lists fixes scrollbars AND sorts storylines alphabetically) have been sorted except for a few things.

3. Ability to edit default angles like freestyle ones (although I don’t think this one is coming)

I agree with all of these, especially number 2 when you're playing a new fed or hired new workers.

I agree with all of these, especially number 2 when you're playing a new fed or hired new workers.

Saying that though, number 2 is probably further down my list than the other three now, as I’m getting used to exiting the angle and going to my roster list.

It’s not ideal, but it works. The other three things are unworkable right now (1 and 4 especially).

(And I realise 3 will never be a thing, as I’ve been suggesting it since TEW2013. Ah well, at least we have Freestyle angles now)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ah. Yea. Tha's fair. That's good for people who play other people's mods, which is the majority, yea. I've always, since TEW 2004, exclusively played my own mods, and I've also used the very same picture folder since 2004, so I have everything memorized after using the same folder for 16 years, hah. But yea, this is why I didn't put myself in the shoes of those who play other people's mods. So yea, that can be a benefit.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mentioned that I mod mods for personal use in prior posts.</p><p> </p><p> This is one of the reasons that I do it. OCD kicks in and, well, I've gotta "fix" things to my liking (mainly little things that are easier for me to remember). </p><p> </p><p> Example: If I were to search for Barry Darsow (which I would, btw, because I mostly play '80s era mods), I'd look for "Barry Darsow". Not Repo Man. Which wasn't even his most famous gimmick. At all. Smash of Demolition? Absolutely. Krusher Krushev? Sure, that too. Repo Man wasn't even memorable to me, so I wouldn't even think to search for "Repo Man" or "The Repo Man" or anything of the sort. Finally, if after searching for "Barry Darsow", "Smash", or "Krusher Krushev" turned up empty and I did find him under "Repo Man" or "The Repo Man"...I'm changing it to Barry Darsow and changing his damned pic.</p><p> </p><p> And I could do that in 2016 quite easily, as others mentioned. 2020? Not so much.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think it does depend on the mod, have you tried MrVillian’s 2004 mod yet?<p> </p><p> I just booked my first episode of Raw and got a 90, so it seems fine to me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've actually just downloaded it and had a quick look. Looks promising although I think I'll be getting rid of heat and velocity as I don't have the patience to even use auto booker for those sort of shows lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NinjaBadger4k" data-cite="NinjaBadger4k" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've actually just downloaded it and had a quick look. Looks promising although I think I'll be getting rid of heat and velocity as I don't have the patience to even use auto booker for those sort of shows lol</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I play strictly historical mods and in the past, always got rid of all the B shows but 1. This time around, I'm going to see if I can swing them all for mid-90s WCW.</p>

<p></p><ul><li>is there a way to make the font size larger?<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

Windows 10 Display Settings -</p><p>

Size of text/apps etc - 125% (Recommended)</p><p>

Resolution - 1920x1080 (Recomended)</p><p>

the font is too small. I can change size of text/apps to 150%, but then the edges of TEW are cut-off, and changing it back to 125% doesn't make the buttons that were hidden off the edge of the screen re-appear. It's all very frustrating.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>is there a setting to ignore match length setting and a way to auto-name segments?<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

These two settings prove to be annoyances. I don't really want to manage that kind of deeper detail for every segment, coming from EWR and trying to learn TEW.</p>

Can I just say that I appreciate the hell out of the changes made to the financial system between 2016 and 2020. So much more realistic!

(your mod may vary, C-Verse is on point)

Been out of the loop a bit on this, what were the changes?

Been out of the loop a bit on this, what were the changes?

That would be that payouts are a lot more realistic for wrestlers, as are ticket prices. For example, a mid level guy in a small indy might get paid $25-$40 and that is exactly what they're paid in this game.

Meanwhile, contracts for big companies are appropriately huge.

I agree with all of these. I would also add having a floating ? like in TEW 2016 in several areas would be helpful too.

I was a bit sad that we don't see Alliance Supershows like the old NWA shows or like how NJPW and ROH do joint shows, but maybe that is something that can be added later.

I loved the idea of bulk taping of TV, and it works wonderfully. I wonder if there is a way to change the focus of the TV like an 80s show where squash matches and promos were the norm.

With that being said, I am really, really enjoying the game as a whole. I find it plays very smoothly and the simulation is a ton of fun.