TEW2020 CornellVerse Discussion Thread

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>CWA doesn't gain in pop even when the Canadian Economy and Wrestling Industry are super high.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> that's why I change their match focus from Three ring to Regular. . It doesn't make it so they get ridiculous show grades regularly even with their talent, but it does allow them some consistency and ability to maintain their popularity for the most part. . I haven't gotten to test it in any long saves but it certainly helps them at the start. .</p>

CWA doesn't gain in pop even when the Canadian Economy and Wrestling Industry are super high.

It's become clear to me that the whole CWA thing was a last-minute curveball that wasn't balanced at all and just kinda thrown in there.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's become clear to me that the whole CWA thing was a last-minute curveball that wasn't balanced at all and just kinda thrown in there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was tested under the broken PPV revenue I’d assume. They clearly needed that to survive</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sums up my thoughts on it pretty well.</p>

I'm just beginning a game with CWA, and I'd release 15-20 wrestlers if it wouldn't cost me so much money. However, I should release as many long term bad contracts as I can in order to save the money in the long-term.

Who in their right mind would pay Marc Raisin over 100k per year, anyway? I'll just let ACPW sign them and go the way of 4C.

<p>Apropos of nothing...I always get a laugh when you're in a major bidding war over a top star between TCW, USPW and SWF and all of a sudden, late in the game, a company like NYCW pops in offering a small handshake deal.</p><p> </p><p>

Hey guys, what's up? Just thought I'd throw this in here....</p>

Hi everyone, question - you know how AEW has been using veteran retired wrestlers, all known for their promo ability, as managers lately (a throwback to the old days). I really like this - in terms of the Cornellverse, who are some retired guys who come to mind that would make great mouthpieces?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="equinox10" data-cite="equinox10" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi everyone, question - you know how AEW has been using veteran retired wrestlers, all known for their promo ability, as managers lately (a throwback to the old days). I really like this - in terms of the Cornellverse, who are some retired guys who come to mind that would make great mouthpieces?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> While not quite retired yet I've taken to transitioning Danny Fonzarelli to this role since his career was definitely winding down and I've never really had much interest in him as a worker, but as a manager he fits. Could kinda be a Jimmy Hart type.</p><p> </p><p> I've also used Ricky Dale Johnson in this role although he costs a lot to hire so maybe that wasn't super smart. But he's a great talker and the segments get high ratings so hey.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="equinox10" data-cite="equinox10" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi everyone, question - you know how AEW has been using veteran retired wrestlers, all known for their promo ability, as managers lately (a throwback to the old days). I really like this - in terms of the Cornellverse, who are some retired guys who come to mind that would make great mouthpieces?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zeel1" data-cite="Zeel1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>While not quite retired yet I've taken to transitioning Danny Fonzarelli to this role since his career was definitely winding down and I've never really had much interest in him as a worker, but as a manager he fits. Could kinda be a Jimmy Hart type.<p> </p><p> I've also used Ricky Dale Johnson in this role although he costs a lot to hire so maybe that wasn't super smart. But he's a great talker and the segments get high ratings so hey.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, although expensive RDJ is one of the best options. Another expensive option that is equally as good if not better would be Jack Bruce.</p><p> </p><p> Skull DeBones, Honest Frank, and Damien Carvill would be some less expensive options.</p>

Hey everyone hope everyone is well. I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know a whole lot about the Cverse. I’m a RW mod player but with the recent release I’m letting the kinks be worked out. Long story short, to late, I’m getting more into the default database. So without further ado...

Time to put our creative thinking caps on!

I’m curious for peoples opinions for a worker, wrestler or non wrestler, Who in say 15 or 20 years in the future, 2040 game year, would have had an interesting career or seen a lot of things? They don’t have to be a star or remotely known outside of the business. IE I’m not looking for like a Rock or Stone Cold..

I know it’s an odd, out of the box question. I’m hoping for some creative input. Thanks!

Hey everyone hope everyone is well. I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know a whole lot about the Cverse. I’m a RW mod player but with the recent release I’m letting the kinks be worked out. Long story short, to late, I’m getting more into the default database. So without further ado...

Time to put our creative thinking caps on!

I’m curious for peoples opinions for a worker, wrestler or non wrestler, Who in say 15 or 20 years in the future, 2040 game year, would have had an interesting career or seen a lot of things? They don’t have to be a star or remotely known outside of the business. IE I’m not looking for like a Rock or Stone Cold..

I know it’s an odd, out of the box question. I’m hoping for some creative input. Thanks!

I'd say the obvious answer to this is Tommy Cornell Jr. I haven't run a long-term watcher in TEW20 yet, but he'll likely be big time regardless of what save you play through.

Generally speaking, look at any of the big companies and look for guys younger than 25. Those guys are likely going to be the fun ones to watch.

On the women's side, Lucy Stone-McFly, Spider Isako, Black Diamond, Coco Malloy, Felicia Luck, Jessica Conroy, Katya Kornishkova, Kira Lee, Modesty Pador, DupliKate, Ellie de Grazia, Joy Ryder, Erin Grey, and Gypsy Rose. All very young (Lucy hasn't debuted yet) and talented with the capability to work in QAW/USPW/5SSW/CWA/EWA when the old guard inevitably retires. Lauren Easter is also one to watch since she could turn up as an owner and/or booker with her business and booking skills.

Thank you guys for your replys.

I see why TC jr would be the choice to watch overall but unless in my “20 years” he gets injured and hangs his boots up, and works backstage or goes the Scott Hall route, I just wouldn’t find his “story” interesting to listen to. No offense.

I’ll have to check out this Lauren Easter.

Thank you guys for your replys.

I see why TC jr would be the choice to watch overall but unless in my “20 years” he gets injured and hangs his boots up, and works backstage or goes the Scott Hall route, I just wouldn’t find his “story” interesting to listen to. No offense.

I’ll have to check out this Lauren Easter.

Lauren Easter is incredible also if you can manage to steal Melody from USPW do it! I did it in 2016 in my NOTBPW save and gave her a 4 year long reign with the women’s title and she never lost once.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LaEstrella" data-cite="LaEstrella" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd say the obvious answer to this is Tommy Cornell Jr. I haven't run a long-term watcher in TEW20 yet, but he'll likely be big time regardless of what save you play through.<p> </p><p> Generally speaking, look at any of the big companies and look for guys younger than 25. Those guys are likely going to be the fun ones to watch.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> James Diaz seems to be a great one, very young and in 15-20 years time he'd still be in his 30s. Diaz seems like he ticks all the boxes to be a star.</p><p> </p><p> Surfer dude Lucas seems to be another too, whilst he's struggled to find anything, if a company like RAW were to pick him up, he could be a massive star.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On the women's side, Lucy Stone-McFly, Spider Isako, Black Diamond, Coco Malloy, Felicia Luck, Jessica Conroy, Katya Kornishkova, Kira Lee, Modesty Pador, DupliKate, Ellie de Grazia, Joy Ryder, Erin Grey, and Gypsy Rose. All very young (Lucy hasn't debuted yet) and talented with the capability to work in QAW/USPW/5SSW/CWA/EWA when the old guard inevitably retires. Lauren Easter is also one to watch since she could turn up as an owner and/or booker with her business and booking skills.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Note that Spider Isako (and a general possibility for all foreign workers) you have to contact her by "View Profile" --> "Talk to Worker" --> "I'd like you to consider being open work in the USA" (or whatever country you are using), or she isn't hirable. Many foreign workers will not but some will.</p><p> </p><p> Also Juliet Balconi, Sabrina Wells, Sky Hermosa, Joanna Silver, Amy St. James, Izzy Quick, and Ruby Reece are all youths with good potential.</p><p> </p><p> Some slightly older but still with plenty of prime left</p><p> Fuyuko Higa is a spectacular female worker at 29. She quite often goes Hall of Fame or sometimes even Hall of Immortals(!) in long term simulations. </p><p> Some other really good "older" is 31 year old Etsuko Arihyoshi, and 28 year old Electric Dreamer. 30 year old Alina Americana is loaded with Star Power and Sex Appeal but isn't as good in the ring as some of the others listed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sonofpaul" data-cite="sonofpaul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Note that Spider Isako (and a general possibility for all foreign workers) you have to contact her by "View Profile" --> "Talk to Worker" --> "I'd like you to consider being open work in the USA" (or whatever country you are using), or she isn't hirable. <strong>Many foreign workers will not but some will.</strong><p> </p><p> Also Juliet Balconi, Sabrina Wells, Sky Hermosa, Joanna Silver, Amy St. James, Izzy Quick, and Ruby Reece are all youths with good potential.</p><p> </p><p> Some slightly older but still with plenty of prime left</p><p> Fuyuko Higa is a spectacular female worker at 29. She quite often goes Hall of Fame or sometimes even Hall of Immortals(!) in long term simulations. </p><p> Some other really good "older" is 31 year old Etsuko Arihyoshi, and 28 year old Electric Dreamer. 30 year old Alina Americana is loaded with Star Power and Sex Appeal but isn't as good in the ring as some of the others listed.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Unless they have Deep Rootes or an attribute that deems them to stay in a region exclusively, I've literally never failed to get somebody to come work for me so far. And I'm running companies in Europe, Australia, etc and I'm basically paying them in pasta plates and coach plane tickets.</p>

Unless they have Deep Rootes or an attribute that deems them to stay in a region exclusively, I've literally never failed to get somebody to come work for me so far. And I'm running companies in Europe, Australia, etc and I'm basically paying them in pasta plates and coach plane tickets.

Hmmm....I've generally ran smaller companies so maybe that factors in (in accordance to the "<Worker Name> is not active in America. The only way for a company below Large size to hire him is via Talent Trade or Alliance Loans"), but my experience has been more along the lines 0f 30-40% will agree while 60-70% will not.

I just tried the question "I'd like you to consider being open to work in America" on 20 under 23 male Wrestlers and 7 agreed, while 13 said "I'm not really interested in doing this."

Hmmm....I've generally ran smaller companies so maybe that factors in (in accordance to the "<Worker Name> is not active in America. The only way for a company below Large size to hire him is via Talent Trade or Alliance Loans"), but my experience has been more along the lines 0f 30-40% will agree while 60-70% will not.

I just tried the question "I'd like you to consider being open to work in America" on 20 under 23 male Wrestlers and 7 agreed, while 13 said "I'm not really interested in doing this."

This is going to be a minor spoiler for those reading along with my EWA save but so far i've successfully asked, Raven Nightfall, Yu Hashimoto, Joanna Silver, Rika Tsjimura, Mo Adebola, Leo Price, Rose & Lilly, Black Diamond, and Dwayne Hewitt to sign with me. Nobody has ever told me no, I have 7/10 Silver Tongue skill. So 10/10. A good cross-section of ages, roles, and overness there. Never said no. Maybe that is different in RW mods, haven't tried much other than C-Verse so far.

This is going to be a minor spoiler for those reading along with my EWA save but so far i've successfully asked, Raven Nightfall, Yu Hashimoto, Joanna Silver, Rika Tsjimura, Mo Adebola, Leo Price, Rose & Lilly, Black Diamond, and Dwayne Hewitt to sign with me. Nobody has ever told me no, I have 7/10 Silver Tongue skill. So 10/10. A good cross-section of ages, roles, and overness there. Never said no. Maybe that is different in RW mods, haven't tried much other than C-Verse so far.

Cool! So the User Attributes might be another factor. All of mine were set to 5 out of 10, I'll have to test it with higher ratings on Silver Tongue and see what happens.

I have a few saves in which I have played up to around 6 months. In each of them SWF drops to medium with the A.I. booker.

In saves longer than one year or two do they ever recover and catch USPW or do they continue to struggle with Eric Eisen as the booker? Do they misuse talent?