TCW Discussion Thread

I absolutely love TCW, it is always my go to promotion, but I am having al ittle trouble. I just cannot push Joshua Taylor. I don't know what is up but I just cant get a feel for the type of wrestler he is. I know Adam doesn't really base his guys on real world, but if you had to say what kind of wrestler Josh is what would you think?

Trevor L.

I actually have loved booking Joshua Taylor in my save. I had him go on a losing streak which ended up leading to him turning into a face and "reconnect with the fans" to get himself back on track.

I envision him as kind of a no nonsense, great worker type, a little Kevin Owens-ish.

I absolutely love TCW, it is always my go to promotion, but I am having al ittle trouble. I just cannot push Joshua Taylor. I don't know what is up but I just cant get a feel for the type of wrestler he is. I know Adam doesn't really base his guys on real world, but if you had to say what kind of wrestler Josh is what would you think?

Trevor L.

I book him as the snobby in-ring technician of my main event scene. Thinking like Zack Sabre Jr, Brian Danielson, or even a Jonathan Grisham. A guy who is loyal to the rules of grappling. I think he and Greg Gauge are the only Japanese style fighters in TCW.

I don't have a real life analogue, but I like to stick PGHW excursion guys and a couple Japanese hires and book him as head of a stable focused around being a puro badass in an American promotion. (And when Gauge is done with the TV title, he's a great pick to either join or take over the group.)

Trevor L.

As others have said, due to his puro background, I always see Josh as being one of the ROH type guys who first brought some of that strong style influence back into the C-Verse USA. Similar in style to Bryan Danielson, Chris Daniels or Joe.

I've had Joshua Taylor join The Syndicate as Wolf's second, where he had a decent Tag Title run with Eddie Chandler before focussing on singles wrestling. He's the cleanest wrestler in the group, and always seems to be on the verge of a face turn due to Wolf blocking his path to a World Title shot. He's still heel though...

• 5 weeks later...

Trevor L.

There are lots of ways you can go with Taylor. Since his attributes mention he has a hot, new submission move, the Butterfly Lock, I have sometimes run open challenges with him a la Chris Masters' Masterlock Challenge.

As Dalton mentioned, making him second fiddle to Jay Chord or even Greg Gauge could work really well-- I paired him with Chord in my old TCW dynasty and had great success.

He's also just challenged for the World title as the game data starts, so you could assume that his loss in December was just one stop in the program and have him continue feuding with Aaron Andrews.

I believe he also has the Straight Edge gimmick, so classic, no-nonsense, CM Punk "straight edge means I'm better than you" could be the route you take.

I've also always considered Taylor to have an almost Taz-like wrestling style based on his skills, so you could make him a wrestling machine like Taz or Kurt Angle.

Lots of things to do with him, hope these ideas help.

• Thanks 1

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="trotter93" data-cite="trotter93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone have any suggestions for a second 'A' TV show name? I'm thinking of doing a second 'A' show akin to AEW Rampage but I'm not sure on a name. TCW Action or TCW Pure come to mind but I'm not sold on either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TCW FIGHT NIGHT? TCW Strong? TCW Testing Ground? TCW Terrordome?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="trotter93" data-cite="trotter93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone have any suggestions for a second 'A' TV show name? I'm thinking of doing a second 'A' show akin to AEW Rampage but I'm not sure on a name. TCW Action or TCW Pure come to mind but I'm not sold on either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always use Saturday Night Showcase since it already exists in the TCW lore.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="trotter93" data-cite="trotter93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone have any suggestions for a second 'A' TV show name? I'm thinking of doing a second 'A' show akin to AEW Rampage but I'm not sure on a name. TCW Action or TCW Pure come to mind but I'm not sold on either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm using the name Fusion for a second show</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any suggestions for a second 'A' TV show name? I'm thinking of doing a second 'A' show akin to AEW Rampage but I'm not sure on a name. TCW Action or TCW Pure come to mind but I'm not sold on either.

I have in one of my pictures paste a event logo named Friday Night Fights, so this was my choice for a Friday 1 hour show in NetStream.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just over a year into my rebuild of TCW. They were really struggling when I took over in February 2025 and although we are still #3 we are consistantly outperforming SWF and USPW in show quality which is how things should be.

Total Mayhem XXX is in the books and despite my new big star, Americana Jr., suffering a semi-severed spinal column in March I managed to push Aaron Knight to the main event and still have a big babyface 'Mayhem moment':

0UVK2BD.png

You can probably guess where I am going with the next 12 months of booking.

I'm just over a year into my rebuild of TCW. They were really struggling when I took over in February 2025 and although we are still #3 we are consistantly outperforming SWF and USPW in show quality which is how things should be.

Total Mayhem XXX is in the books and despite my new big star, Americana Jr., suffering a semi-severed spinal column in March I managed to push Aaron Knight to the main event and still have a big babyface 'Mayhem moment':

0UVK2BDh.png

You can probably guess where I am going with the next 12 months of booking.

The link isn't working here.

• 5 weeks later...

I am playing as TCW in 2020, and I have Steve Frehley and Remo Richardson debuting as a duo interfering in the Summer Showdown main event (and costing Aaron Andrews the title). I expect them to (obviously) be a main event fixture as a team for the next year plus. But, I can't think of a good name for them. Any suggestions for a good main event name?

Also, the match will be a 3-way with Andrews and Jay Chord, but I haven't yet settled on the 3rd guy. Chord will be winning the belt, and I will team whomever the 3rd guy is up with Andrews against Remo and Frehley. My top candidates are Mohammad Barrett (Mighty Mo), Ranger, and Greg Gauge (who would need to turn). The other two would likely be Chord's first opponents off for the title, so I want to make sure I choose wisely. I am leaning towards Ranger, who is undefeated since signing and could use the rub of a BIG feud even on the losing end. But, I would like to save Chord vs Gauge for the title at Total Mayhem 2021. One Man Army or Malili Umaga (Akima Brave) are also available as a partner for Andrews or a one off title match vs Chord.

Elsewhere on the card, Wolf Hawkins has disbanded The Syndicate and turned face after a returning Tommy Cornell (!!) began helping him get his groove back. Eventually, it will be Hawkins and Cornell vs Remo and Frehley for the tag belts, hopefully at Total Mayhem.

Joshua Taylor is leading "Taylor Academy" as a "wrestling school" type stable with Tavon Blake Jr, Matt Blackburn, and graduate Bailey Penn, who is a former pro-boxed with decent starting popularity. Taylor and Penn currently hold the tag belts.

TV champ T-Bone Bright beat Gauge at Total Mayhem for the belt and hasn't lost all year, but he will eventually lose and be on the way to the main event. For now, he is going to have "Wild Brawls" in the mid-card with big men because that's a requirement in TCW's product, and he is perfect for it.

So... any suggestions for a name for Frehley/Remo and a potential partner for Andrews would be greatly appriciated!

I am playing as TCW in 2020, and I have Steve Frehley and Remo Richardson debuting as a duo interfering in the Summer Showdown main event (and costing Aaron Andrews the title). I expect them to (obviously) be a main event fixture as a team for the next year plus. But, I can't think of a good name for them. Any suggestions for a good main event name?

Also, the match will be a 3-way with Andrews and Jay Chord, but I haven't yet settled on the 3rd guy. Chord will be winning the belt, and I will team whomever the 3rd guy is up with Andrews against Remo and Frehley. My top candidates are Mohammad Barrett (Mighty Mo), Ranger, and Greg Gauge (who would need to turn). The other two would likely be Chord's first opponents off for the title, so I want to make sure I choose wisely. I am leaning towards Ranger, who is undefeated since signing and could use the rub of a BIG feud even on the losing end. But, I would like to save Chord vs Gauge for the title at Total Mayhem 2021. One Man Army or Malili Umaga (Akima Brave) are also available as a partner for Andrews or a one off title match vs Chord.

Elsewhere on the card, Wolf Hawkins has disbanded The Syndicate and turned face after a returning Tommy Cornell (!!) began helping him get his groove back. Eventually, it will be Hawkins and Cornell vs Remo and Frehley for the tag belts, hopefully at Total Mayhem.

Joshua Taylor is leading "Taylor Academy" as a "wrestling school" type stable with Tavon Blake Jr, Matt Blackburn, and graduate Bailey Penn, who is a former pro-boxed with decent starting popularity. Taylor and Penn currently hold the tag belts.

TV champ T-Bone Bright beat Gauge at Total Mayhem for the belt and hasn't lost all year, but he will eventually lose and be on the way to the main event. For now, he is going to have "Wild Brawls" in the mid-card with big men because that's a requirement in TCW's product, and he is perfect for it.

So... any suggestions for a name for Frehley/Remo and a potential partner for Andrews would be greatly appriciated!

What about Edd Stone?

If you’re using someone in TCW I think One Man Army makes sense. Have Aaron Andrews and One Man Army team up lose and then Aaron can turn heel on OMA. Could use it to elevate a young star or free agent. I think figure out where you wanna go with AA and then work backwards as to who his partner is.

If you’re using someone in TCW I think One Man Army makes sense. Have Aaron Andrews and One Man Army team up lose and then Aaron can turn heel on OMA. Could use it to elevate a young star or free agent. I think figure out where you wanna go with AA and then work backwards as to who his partner is.

This is a great idea, but I think I’ll use Gauge instead. Seems like a feud with Andrews after losing to Frehley/Remo would definitely be a way to “make” him. And I was kinda treading water with Andrews after the loss(es) to the duo as well.

As of now I’m planning to move the title from Andrews to Chord to Gauge to Frehley (gotta get the first guy to win it in SWF/USPW/TCW storyline in there) to Cornell to Hawkins over the next two years. One of those will probably need to be short since Chord will hold for 11 months. Probably Cornell because he is likely in to time decline. Not sure yet as he hasn’t had a match, but two years down the road he definitely will be.

What about Edd Stone?

I’m not very in to Edd Stone. I have no idea why. But I do need to get him some momentum back because he is useful as a TV challenger or a Total Mayhem match partner. He has for sure slid down the babyface pecking order for me. Solidly behind Andrews, Hawkins, Cornell, Bach, Barrett, Bright, Ranger, Umaga (shockingly), and OMA.

It happen by accident, but Umaga has gotten over quickly. He held the tag belts with Toma until Total Mayhem. Toma is going to rehab, so Umaga is going to get some work on his own to see what he can do. He’s “Red Hot”, showing up as a Star on my roster screen, and bumped up to Light Heavyweight which raised his star quality to 72. He might get a title shot on TV against Chord soon.