TCW Discussion Thread

Just an issue i'm having in my current save, In Canada, i've gotten from 54 to about 80 in every region, except maritmes which is stuck at 55 since feb 20, i'm now Dec 20 and would be at Large, how would I grow in that region, and does anyone else seem to have Aaron Andrews pop capped at 83, which isn't as big an issue with the signings i've made, but I would liked to push him to be 100 and no matter who he beats, he just stays there.

• 1 month later...
How do people book Jay Chord & Greg Gauge? They feel very much the same. Obviously could work in a legacy style team, but after that I'm not sure.

Gauge for me is like Kenny Omega. Jay Chord is Flair/Randy Orton-esque. I initially got him over with a similar Legend Killer storyline. 90+ pop and presently managed by Eric Tyler.

Have a brand split going as well - Gauge is the champ on Lightning, and Chord the champ on Mayhem. I hired Curt Merritt, changed his name to Christopher B. Lemen, and made him a "Representative of the network". He basically finds ways to screw KC Glenn out of opportunities, though Glenn holds the All-Action title which is now the most prestigious secondary championship.

Sam Keith is basically a tweener and GM of Lightning, RDJ is GM of Mayhem but also part of a stable with Andrews and Glenn -- Sam Keith tries to be fair, but Gauge is a heel and he's a face. Eventually he'll turn heel and become Gauge's manager.

KC Glenn is almost to 90 pop already.

Mayhem has huge reach and gets 6 or 8 million viewers per show, which does give it a big advantage until Lightning's TV deal expires.

Major Stars on Mayhem:

Jack Bruce (Figurehead) - 91 pop across the board and 95 in Mexico

Jay Chord (World Champion) - 91 pop in US

Mighty Mo (TV Champ) - 82 pop in US

Tommy Cornell - 88 pop

Wolf Hawkins - 86 pop, turned face and battled with Cornell for a short time.

Stars on Mayhem:

Only Sammy Bach - 70 pop. Have a great undercard that will become stars soon including Ernest Youngman.

Major Stars on Lightning:

Aaron Andrews - 81 pop, can't ever get him over this in this save

Greg Gauge (TCW Champion), 82 pop

KC Glenn (All Action Champion), 85 pop

Remo (babyface), high 80s pop.

Stars on Lightning:

Bulldozer Brandon Smith (76 pop)

Freddy Huggins (72 pop)

Joshua Taylor (71 pop, leading an Undisputed-like stable w/ American Cobras as babyface)

Rogue (International Champion) - 80 pop

T-Bone Bright - 72 pop

Titan - 69 pop, basically the muscle for "The Network"

Trent Shaffer - 74 pop; Christopher B. Lemen manages him personally and The Network see him as the chosen one and he's flip-flopped the All Action title with Glenn, though Gauge is also aligned with The Network.

Might do a diary or YouTube series eventually, still figuring the long-term booking plans out. I'm using Notion to map out long-term booking and organize show notes etc.

Been a minute since ive participated here but I am nearly complete with my 2016 to 2020 database conversion. As in I only have to delete some duplicate workers and plan to add a few more promotions in before running some test saves and being good to go.

Once Im happy with how it looks ill do an intro post here explaining how my TCW looks and how the wrestling world in my database/save is sitting

• 3 weeks later...

Oh this is a challenge. I'm doing a Rule's game & I have 6 months to make Elliot Thomas a "Franchise Player" or I have to Fire him.

The rule was someone in Next Big Things has to be in Franchise Player Tab or Fired. Elliot Thomas so happened to be the lucky guy.

I’ve teamed him up with Edd Stone. Now Elliot has some decent momentum I’m going to have Edd turn heel, Elliot win TV title beat (Troy Tornado, Danny Fonzarelli, and Human Arsenal they all promised) then beat Edd Stone at Total Mayhem.

Or maybe have Edd Stone join Joshua Taylor, and end up with Elliot Thomas beating Joshua Taylor. Normally I would Skyrocket Greg Gauge like this but it’s nice going different.

How do you guys book your TV champion when it comes to PPVs?

I'm trying to keep the sanctity of the belt and only defend on TV but other than just having my champion going for other belts or squaring off in nothing tag team matches I'm really struggling. I hate the idea of doing non-title singles matches on PPV, to set up a title match on TV blech

I'm trying to keep the sanctity of the belt and only defend on TV but other than just having my champion going for other belts or squaring off in nothing tag team matches I'm really struggling. I hate the idea of doing non-title singles matches on PPV, to set up a title match on TV blech

I usually keep the matches on tv and if I have a particularly personal/intense feud I'll put the blowoff match on the ppv. I usually keep it a work rate title that gets defended every week against various midcard guys and guys from developmental with a good serious feud mixed in every couple matches. I also add a US belt and have that as my #2 belt

I thought about keeping it is as a "TV Only" title, but I eventually began treating it more like the ECW TV Title. It's a midcard title that is expected to be defended frequently, at least two television defenses each month. It is also defended at special events or PPVs if the right challenger is set up, but not always.

I'm about to bump up my company to two major shows each week, so those TV Title defenses will be on the rise. Also contemplating another male title. Would love to do a Junior Heavyweight division, but I don't quite have the numbers of top tier guys for it (yet).

For me it's usually the main event of my secondary 'B' show with a quick and dirty story line along with it. It's rarely if ever on the PPV unless said story line spills over onto the main show or the opponents have some really great chemistry. If it's on a PPV it's typically a specialty match to blow off a feud/story line, but that's all.

To be clear I don't mean the TV title itself I mean the TV champion. On my save right now it's T-Bone Bright and I need ways to feature him on PPV without booking him in TV title matches or meaningless non-title bouts. Do you guys just have the belt on someone lower down the card who isn't guaranteed a PPV slot? Right now the title is my secondary title and T-Bone is a big hope for the future so leaving him off the card isn't really an option

To be clear I don't mean the TV title itself I mean the TV champion. On my save right now it's T-Bone Bright and I need ways to feature him on PPV without booking him in TV title matches or meaningless non-title bouts. Do you guys just have the belt on someone lower down the card who isn't guaranteed a PPV slot? Right now the title is my secondary title and T-Bone is a big hope for the future so leaving him off the card isn't really an option

I usually keep my TV champ off ppvs unless the story puts him there. I figure he gets tv time basically every week where others don't so he can rotate out of ppvs for a bit.

I’ve teamed him up with Edd Stone. Now Elliot has some decent momentum I’m going to have Edd turn heel, Elliot win TV title beat (Troy Tornado, Danny Fonzarelli, and Human Arsenal they all promised) then beat Edd Stone at Total Mayhem.

Or maybe have Edd Stone join Joshua Taylor, and end up with Elliot Thomas beating Joshua Taylor. Normally I would Skyrocket Greg Gauge like this but it’s nice going different.

Is there a frequency setting for the creation of organic promises? Or did you talk to these workers individually in order to get those promises?

Is there a frequency setting for the creation of organic promises? Or did you talk to these workers individually in order to get those promises?

I didnt ask anyone they all just offered up. I do normally boost my silver tongue skill to 7 at start so I can get promises from people I want. But those were offered.

Ok, so I promised I'd show off my 2024 save at some point. Some background first

2019 was a big year for TCW. Not only was a brand split started between Total Wrestling and Showcase, a women's championship was created. Also, due to the UK scene's economy crashing 21st was bought out, launching TCW to being a global product. After years of the UK scene being a wasteland of only SNP existing though, TCW decided it was time to revive the 21st brand.

Due to the 21st relaunch taking workers from both US Mens brands, there will be a TCW draft for the first time since 2019 to balance the brands out. Here is the current draft board. Who you got as your first overall pick?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MIAitxZ0G-X4NhvVsag-eUZa3uWYsDi2cxFeZUMD4Mk/edit?usp=sharing

Key:

WC- World Champ

MC - Midcard champ

TC - Tag Champ

Ok, so I promised I'd show off my 2024 save at some point. Some background first

2019 was a big year for TCW. Not only was a brand split started between Total Wrestling and Showcase, a women's championship was created. Also, due to the UK scene's economy crashing 21st was bought out, launching TCW to being a global product. After years of the UK scene being a wasteland of only SNP existing though, TCW decided it was time to revive the 21st brand.

Due to the 21st relaunch taking workers from both US Mens brands, there will be a TCW draft for the first time since 2019 to balance the brands out. Here is the current draft board. Who you got as your first overall pick?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MIAitxZ0G-X4NhvVsag-eUZa3uWYsDi2cxFeZUMD4Mk/edit?usp=sharing

Key:

WC- World Champ

MC - Midcard champ

TC - Tag Champ

Without seeing any stats I'd go with Ernest Youngman or Spencer Spade.

Without seeing any stats I'd go with Ernest Youngman or Spencer Spade.

Both solid choices! Spade is someone im planning to work up the card to replace a few aging vets while Ernest is actually my top heel on TW and the top name overall there when Champaign Lover is filming

• 3 months later...

Hey weird ask so just tell me to take a hike if you need to  but I am at work trying to work out something for my save and I cannot for the life of me get a list of the PPV's and the Champs + storylines. Could someone get me a screen shot with the info and/or a list with the times for the PPVs and dates. PLEASE 🙂

I would be forever grateful to all you TCW fans.

Trevor L.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...