TCW Discussion Thread

Looking for some advice if I may.

I'm in the process of a breakdown of The Syndicate, Wolf has just recently turned face and atm Doc is in charge, over time I'm plotting Jay Chord becoming the new leader and changing the groups name, issue being I cant think of a name...

Any ideas?

In which direction do you wanna go?

Syndicate 202X

The Ensemble

The Royal Court (pun intended)

Is anyone else trying to stick to the canon of Battleground being all 4v4s and if so how did you find booking it to be because I thought it was kind of a nightmare and I'm not sure if I'm going to do that again.

I modified it slightly and had just one 4 vs 4 in the co-main, with Syndicate vs a babyface conglomerate. I considered it kind of like Survivor Series which has the elimination matches as a major feature of the card, but not the only feature.

I modified it slightly and had just one 4 vs 4 in the co-main, with Syndicate vs a babyface conglomerate. I considered it kind of like Survivor Series which has the elimination matches as a major feature of the card, but not the only feature.

In the future I'm either doing something like this or I'm just going back to a bog standard PPV. I really had to dip deep into my roster to fill up that card and it absolutely showed in the ratings. Even with basically all my major stars in the Main Event the card struggled.

In the future I'm either doing something like this or I'm just going back to a bog standard PPV. I really had to dip deep into my roster to fill up that card and it absolutely showed in the ratings. Even with basically all my major stars in the Main Event the card struggled.

Yeah, I think having it as one of the major matches still keeps within the canon. I had both Wolf and Andrews in the 4 vs 4 and then a brutal grudge match between jay chord and Sammy Bach main evented.

So i'm nearly a year and a half in and about to do my second Total Mayhem and there have been plenty of changes since the start.

I went very heavy with investments in year one setting up a Child Company (New School Wrestling 'NSW'), a PPV broadcaster and a 3500 seat home arena for my B Show (after we went up to large size). I also tried to be strategic in mainly picking up new additions who were mainly, but not exclusively, late 20s/early30s and mixing it between young up and comers who would go to NSW for a while before being called up and a few high popularity 'big bucks' type signings. I was decently lucky with both pop caps and contracts in that the guys from the starting game who I wanted to build around (Mo, Greg, Jay, AA, Wolf) all had at least a year and half on their contracts.

My immediate priorities were to fix the tag scene and refresh the main event and upper midcard scene.

In terms of tag teams, none of the original teams remain for varying reasons. Mighty Meaty and The Behemoths were sacrificed for individual pushes for Mo and KS and Foxx and Benson went by the wayside after Benny broke his neck. The tag ranks are now dominated by The Terminators (Ernest Youngman and Sterling Whitlock) who could get a good match out of anyone. EY will eventually go solo (he's at near 80 pop) but not yet. The reformed Canadian Animals have been awesome as have the main face team The Squadron (OMA and Human Arsenal). Under them there are the American Cobras who were somewhat held up due to a bad injury to Storm Spillane that kept him out 9 months, the Party Zone (Flyin' Jimmy Foxx and Bart Biggins), and the 'thrown together but panned out great' Power Punch (Marc Speed and Americana Jnr).

Several workers have flown through development and quickly went to the main roster where they have worked through to the Upper Midcard rapidly including Logan Wolfsbane and Maurice Jackson. Several more are working in and around 60 pop such as; Bradley Blaze, Nicky Gilbert, Damian Dastardly, Nelson Callum and The Architect. A couple have been much harder work, Frankie Perez has been a huge disappointment in particular. He was one of my first signings and I've tried everything but he won't budge from mid 50s pop (not cap related) and seems to injure people non stop. Even a spell in the Syndicate mixing with Wolf couldn't shake him out of it. At current rates he'll be leaving when his contract is up in 6 months.

There are 4 main stables based round my 4 main guys, the face stable led by Andrews has him, the uber dependable Joshua Taylor, the Squadron and Fro Sure. Chord's stable has him, The Canadian Animals and Hollywood Brett Starr, who despite being pop capped has been mega consistent. The Syndicate saw everyone bar Wolf leave due to contract expiry and is now him, Logan Wolfsbaine, Maurice Jackson and Killer Shark in the 'muscle' role. Finally, Greg Gauge's stable has probably been the most successful with him, Spencer Spade and the Terminators. Other good current feuds include the Bumfhole's mega feud over the now more highlyvalued TV title and a brawl heavy barnburner with Mo and Remo Richardson. Outside of the never ending AA vs Wolf, easily my best feud has been Gino Montero and El Heroe Mexicano, EHM in particular has been a revelation, he seems to be able to work with anyone, willingly puts people over and has killer stats and great pop. Title wise the only addition has been a trios title, which has been a handy crutch for the various stables that haven't held other titles at that point in time. I'm no 1 in America at 82 pop, albeit lagging behind USPW worldwide who despite only being 77/78 in most places are about to go Titanic with only a 76 in Tasmania holding them back.

Sorry for the massive post, I could have went on for double the length to be honest, but just fancied writing it all down. :)

<p>So I'm wondering if Aaron Andrews got hit with a bad destiny roll to start my game. I was given the owner goal of keeping him above 71 pop, which I thought should be easy enough. He's the face of my company and the top title holder, but after only 2 months, his pop has already dropped from it's starting point of 82 down to 77. He's been in the majority of my best rated angles, has white hot momentum, and has a record of 6-2-0. His two losses came when Sammy Bach took a tainted pinfall from Doc Hammond in a tag match on the first show of the game and a tainted loss to Killer Shark after interference from Jay Chord. I only had him lose to Shark because he offered to put him over and it was a decent way to build his match with Chord at The War to Settle the Score. </p><p> </p><p>

The rest of my save is going pretty good, but at this point I am worried I won't even make it to Total Mayhem before being shit canned for not meeting what I thought was an easy owner's goal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gypsumstack" data-cite="Gypsumstack" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I'm wondering if Aaron Andrews got hit with a bad destiny roll to start my game. I was given the owner goal of keeping him above 71 pop, which I thought should be easy enough. He's the face of my company and the top title holder, but after only 2 months, his pop has already dropped from it's starting point of 82 down to 77. He's been in the majority of my best rated angles, has white hot momentum, and has a record of 6-2-0. His two losses came when Sammy Bach took a tainted pinfall from Doc Hammond in a tag match on the first show of the game and a tainted loss to Killer Shark after interference from Jay Chord. I only had him lose to Shark because he offered to put him over and it was a decent way to build his match with Chord at The War to Settle the Score. <p> </p><p> The rest of my save is going pretty good, but at this point I am worried I won't even make it to Total Mayhem before being shit canned for not meeting what I thought was an easy owner's goal.</p></div></blockquote><p> Sounds very much like it. Andrews lost 10 times in various ways in my first year (albeit he rarely ate the pin except to move the title to Wolf) and he has never really moved from his pop cap of 90.</p>

I should mention in my game, for a full year Greg Gauge was stuck on 70 in pop and I was resigned to just pushing him as a second tier guy. Up until about three months ago (I'm currently in July 2022.) His pop in the last three months has gone up to 82. So, like the editor says, it is possible that eventually, the cap will rise as I'me seeing currently.

So when booking the King of Kings how are you guys doing it?

Quarter and Semi's through the month and final at the PPV? Quarters through the month and Semi's and Final at the PPV? Full 1 night tournament?

I've always experimented with tournaments in different ways. I really like one night tournaments, but when you have a large roster those are difficult. Now if I'm running a standard tourney I like to do the quarter finals throughout the month and run the semis and final at the PPV like you suggested.

Conversely, I've also gotten really into round robin tournaments in the past year. I like the New Japan style of running two brackets, with the winner of each bracket facing one another for the prize. I haven't run one in 2020 yet, but I'm hoping the tournament feature tracks points for me so I don't have to keep track of a spreadsheet anymore!

I've always experimented with tournaments in different ways. I really like one night tournaments, but when you have a large roster those are difficult. Now if I'm running a standard tourney I like to do the quarter finals throughout the month and run the semis and final at the PPV like you suggested.

Conversely, I've also gotten really into round robin tournaments in the past year. I like the New Japan style of running two brackets, with the winner of each bracket facing one another for the prize. I haven't run one in 2020 yet, but I'm hoping the tournament feature tracks points for me so I don't have to keep track of a spreadsheet anymore!

Thanks for the input man, just about to book my first KoK show and wanted some advice, I was leaning towards the semi and final matches at the PPV, I too might look at booking a round robin for next year, starting it a month or two earlier and giving it time to roll out.

Thanks for the input man, just about to book my first KoK show and wanted some advice, I was leaning towards the semi and final matches at the PPV, I too might look at booking a round robin for next year, starting it a month or two earlier and giving it time to roll out.

I also went with a two bracket round Robin style tournament then semis and a final. Although one tip is to have a couple of people who are feuding in the same side of the bracket is that will take care of a lot of your weekly booking criteria allowing you more freedom in the great if your shows. Also leave enough time if doing this as my round robins took the best part of two months.

I like RR tourneys. You can test singles match-ups you don't already know and pop some good ratings besides.

The trick to booking those (I think) is plotting out your points so that the final match in each bracket decides things. For instance, you know you want Wolf to win his bracket. He's got both Jay and Aaron in there. Jay is 2-0-3 with 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw. Both Aaron and Wolf are 2-0-2. A draw means a 3-way tie. A win clinches it for either guy. Make the stakes big in that final match.

Or you could be booking it so Jay wins and he goes in 3-0-2 and the draw clinches the win for him. Aaron and Wolf's rivalry gets in the way of them winning.

The logistics of that can get a little tricky so it takes quite a bit of planning and I screwed it up on my first few tourneys.

I should mention in my game, for a full year Greg Gauge was stuck on 70 in pop and I was resigned to just pushing him as a second tier guy. Up until about three months ago (I'm currently in July 2022.) His pop in the last three months has gone up to 82. So, like the editor says, it is possible that eventually, the cap will rise as I'me seeing currently.

T-Bone had a cap at 70 for a year but I saw that he's starting to rise in popularity. Mo had a cap of 76 and is now up by 1 as of last month. Curious to see if anyone playing long saves are starting to see some of these caps rise.

T-Bone had a cap at 70 for a year but I saw that he's starting to rise in popularity. Mo had a cap of 76 and is now up by 1 as of last month. Curious to see if anyone playing long saves are starting to see some of these caps rise.

Wolf Hawkins was capped for me at 85 but in the past few months of my save (heading into Total Mayhem 2021) has suddenly risen to 95 and is still rising.

Killer Shark also seemed stuck at 60 forever but is suddenly up around 80. TBF, I am pushing him harder now but he was rarely losing beforehand.

It is cool that the caps can change because it does encourage you to stick with someone just in case. Guys like Mo and T-Bone and Titan seem capped at 70 for me at the moment but I'm more keen to keep them around than I would have been now that I know there's a chance they can still improve.

Have you hit big size yet? I have Wolf and Andrews capped at 85 but I’m almost certain it’s because I’m still at medium for another month or so.

Yeah I'm up to Large size so that may have had something to do with it.

Wolf Hawkins was capped for me at 85 but in the past few months of my save (heading into Total Mayhem 2021) has suddenly risen to 95 and is still rising.

Killer Shark also seemed stuck at 60 forever but is suddenly up around 80. TBF, I am pushing him harder now but he was rarely losing beforehand.

It is cool that the caps can change because it does encourage you to stick with someone just in case. Guys like Mo and T-Bone and Titan seem capped at 70 for me at the moment but I'm more keen to keep them around than I would have been now that I know there's a chance they can still improve.

I've had Mo as high as mid 80s. T-Bone has never been able to get above 70. Titan and Killer Shark seem to cop out around 71 or 72. Someone mentioned Gauge earlier; he got into the mid 90s pretty easily for me and has been one of my major stars. I'm not a big fan of how popularity works in the game, but I have noticed some changing in guys I thought were stuck.

Gauge vs Benson in a steel cage

I'm really having fun with this storyline. Benson beat Gauge on Total in January when Gauge got intentionally counted out by just leaving the match. New GM RDJ went ahead and booked a steel cage match for the TV Title at Malice In Wonderland. Gauge and Chord teamed up to beat Benny & The Foxx at a following Total Wrestling. I'm thinking Gauge beats Benson in the cage but I'm not sure how it goes down yet.

On the next Total Gauge will beat Human Arsenal in a technical masterclass and then cut a promo on Benson saying that he just put Arsenal, one of the alltime great technicians, to shame and that he will embarass a joke wrestler like Benson.

Benson will fire back on the B show(SNS) that Gauge is living off of his daddys legacy and that he was trained by the best family in wrestling and he will outwrestle Gauge at Malice.

How should the match at Malice In Wonderland go down? finish?

I'm feeling that Gauge will win as want him to win 2/3 matches and gain some pop but should it be tainted, clean , interference by CHord?

<p>World Title first half of 2020???</p><p> </p><p>

I have Andrews set to defend the World Title against Hawkins in a steel cage at Malice In Wonderland 2020. Of course Wolf has The Syndicate to help him out but Andrews is almost on his own except for One Many Army.</p><p> </p><p>

Who did you have win at Malice? how? and how did you book the World Title the next 3-4 months?</p>