Game Status and In-Ring Status Editable in the In-Game Editor

Yes please. It saddened me (greatly) that this wasn't possible in WMMA5 (I still hope a future patch fixes it) and my only solace was that it had always been possible in TEW, so it shouldn't be an issue in that series. This has to return imo, or we run the risk of having to comb for every worker in every db before starting a game to make sure they are where we want them to and we will be left without alternative for any possible fantasy plans we have during a game, as we will not be able to edit it mid-game.

Yeah, I'd like to take this opportunity to make a better case for this than my brief opening post. Now, if this is a coding limitation, then it's a bummer that we're gonna have to live with. No can do. But, man... this almost a deal-breaker for me. And I haaaate to be That Guy who makes such a seemingly petty issue into a "deal-breaker", but hear me out.

I've never been the hardcore TEW player who plays the Cornellverse, or any other mod, for the "challenge", and stuff like that. TEW has always satisfied a very specific urge I've had to create this fantasy scenarios where I just, well, fantasy book. I've always had this very specific way to enjoy the game.

One of them is having a degree of control of what takes place in the game world. Not all of it, of course. I do enjoy the unexpected event and challenge here and there, but workers being active/out of business/on hiatus, etc. is something I've always enjoyed being in charge of.

Yea, it's cheating, I know.

But like, it's not always to "my advantage". It, for instance, takes me out of the game entirely if I can't control the fact that around 2004 The Rock makes it to Hollywood, and he's unable to wrestle. So, my own self-imposed challenge, kinda, is that The Rock debuts in 1996, and winds down his career in 03-04, so whatever I wanna get out of The Rock, I need to do within that timespan. And he's gone for at least a number of years.

I really dislike the idea of making it to 03-04, and The Rock continues to be an in his prime main eventer. I'm sure most people will look at this and think it's silly, but I'd like to make this suggestion because it's a big thing for the way I personally enjoy these games - that I'm willing to pay for.

And then there are cases like Chris Benoit. I used to not add Benoit into my databases at all, but now I'm okay with Benoit being a part of them, but I do want him gone by 07. It feels super weird having him stick around. That's a personal thing, but yea.

And sometimes I just like doing fantasy scenarios where an out of business worker comes back for that one more dream match. Through the in-game editor. And this seemingly not being possible in 2020 is... a giant bummer. One that makes me want to stick with 2016. But 2020 comes packed with such great features that I'd like to play it, to be honest.

Again, if it's a coding limitation, it makes me sad, but I understand. If not, I'd like this to be reconsidered. It has a huge negative impact on the way I get my enjoyment from these games.

I get that I'm the "filthy casual sandbox fantasy booker", but then again there are the EWR throwback features - which I unashamedly abuse - meaning that sandboxers such as myself are definitely a part of the demographic.

Thanks for your time.

I get that I'm the "filthy casual sandbox fantasy booker", but then again there are the EWR throwback features - which I unashamedly abuse - meaning that sandboxers such as myself are definitely a part of the demographic.

Thanks for your time.

No shame in playing however you like and want. I love creating my fantasy scenarios and alternative realities. First thing I wanted to do was bring back Skull DeBones for a final run, booked in my own terms, but as he refused when I talked to him, it became a nightmare. :D I also wanted to bring back some guys that I think retired WAY too soon, like Fox Mask, among others. And edit the game world a bit to bring back/retire some guys, etc etc to better fit my own scenario I was creating in my head.

Not being able to edit these things during the game itself is painful. I also think it should return and I sincerely hope it is not coding limited.

Absolutely a part of the demographic and the more people the game appeals to the better. I definitely like this suggestion - I don't do RW mods much so wouldn't use it in the way you would, but like shawn in the previous post I'd find it really great to be able to bring back guys who were 'gone too soon'. Fingers crossed it makes it in!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47629" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> I get that I'm the "filthy casual sandbox fantasy booker", but then again there are the EWR throwback features - which I unashamedly abuse - meaning that sandboxers such as myself are definitely a part of the demographic.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for your time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have found ways around it, although problematic--you can create a character and import it, but that would eliminate title histories. If you have for-sight, you could alter the database and bring back any workers that you may want to have active. In theory,(I have thought about this, but have not tried it yet) you could use the new feature of exporting the database, activate the worker(s) and then start a new game with them active. These only work the one way although the "theoretical) one could be used to make them inactive after using them again It gets a bit more hairy when you get into altering contracts (in game editor only allows you to alter the contracts of your own companies workers). For example, if you were wanting to make a "Black Wednesday" like the WWE just had, releasing a bunch of talent into the world, it isn't as easy as shortening all their contracts and seeing them get picked up by your company or others.</p><p> </p><p> I would like for those features to again be unlocked, but I am warming to the new system. I'm just holding out a bit, until I can start a long game.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the message, Teemu, glad to see I'm not the only one!</p>

Teemu, I agree with you, being able to give guys one more run had been a big part of my TEW 2016 gaming experience and it’s now one of these missing small details like not being able to assign trainers or provide booking instructions (Seen in WMMA 5) to your DT that has me on the fence with this current version of the game.

Yeah. I don't know why this feature was deleted. You can argue that it's cheating. But you can also argue that you can make history real world mods realistic. So I hope this features returns, because real world mods are nearly unplayable without that feature.

You can still somewhat get around this by just checking the wrestler box under roles on their profile in the in game editor. . so long as their contract isn't locking them into never involve ring work you can check the same box in alter character details screen in game and they'll show up to be booked in matches. Still listed as a retired wrestler but it worked when I tested it with Runaway Train. .

<p>Ive not yet downloaded the demo, but reading this has been taken away kinda takes away my fun too, as I like playing a game I can edit, some say cheating, but it seems a lot play this way and its for your enjoyment. I love to bring guys back for a little feud then back into hiatus/retirement etc afterwards.</p><p>

Hopefully this is put back in tbh</p>

I'm guessing either it was removed for coding reasons, or Adam just didn't think it was a particular feature because it's not like it's something that gets discussed very much. But I do think it's possible it was a coding limitation because it seems like hiatus and other game statuses are treated differently in 2020 compared to 2016. On Hiatus isn't a thing even in the main editor anymore. You can set a starting absence as "On Hiatus", but you can't set a worker to On Hiatus anymore in the main worker screen in the main editor.

But yea, I really hope it's possible to put this back in, or to come up with some kind of an alternative. TEW 2020 is growing on me, it has a lot of great stuff. But having this missing does bum me out, to be honest. As petty as it may be, and I hate making such a big deal out of something so relatively minor.

Actually, I wish we could just in-game add the things on "Starting Absences" in the main editor. Like, On Hiatus, Filming, Personal Reasons, etc. And then a retirement and out of business on or off. I'd be happy with that. I personally like creating some self imposed challenges by putting a top star On Hiatus for like a year. And then I also love booking the big comeback. But let's see.