• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAW has been my third "trial" game, thanks to this thread. I've never played much in Australia, and after sticking with small indies in my first games, I wanted to book some TV.

Man, is there a lot of TV to book. Six starting storylines. It's different to play a scenario where there's no major events to serve as a climax or stopping/resetting point.

I have Frogue ducking and trolling Swoop to the point that he ended a show by calling six top guys to the ring to announce that he was defending the TV title against... Loxley Robbins the following week. (He also purposefully invited Blake Belushi to the announcement. Belushi cost Robbins the match.)

I see why everyone loves Will Beaumont. That's an interesting storyline because you could easily bring in Captain Wrestling II on the Kerry/Will side while either of them are off doing something else for a show or two.

McKenzie/Croft is the program I'm struggling to get a bead on the most. I'm also trying to decide if I want Nicky Gilbert to win the Quest title back. The LiberTeens are fun but I have to remember to always script them. Could they use a replacement for Beaumont? Maybe that'll be a sidequest. Mac Guffin and Maurice Jackson are actively recruiting.

Tag team division's a little weird in that the most over teams are all heels who don't work as faces.

This is the save that's got me convinced that shows require more segments in 2020 than 2016.

I've always envisioned RAW as a pure television show, almost like most network shows. As a purely network-created production, shouldn't they have their own studio(s)?

c9740aa324a9f6f5b1b40045e5af18ab.png

Im using a Perf >>>>>> Pop guy but after digging some RIPW, I decided to give the king of Pop >>>>> Perf, RAW, a try. Ive never given them a shot in previous TEW games, as far as I can recall.

They're super fun. I did make some tweaks. I dont like playing with face/heel. Ive never liked/will never like alignments tbh. And there's no real reason for me to keep it. The other alteration I made was more so for selfish reasons, I changed the angle focus to be tight. I dont think it wouldve matter much if I kept it as it was since I had plenty of high grading angles in the end, but this is the Swoop show, I think it makes sense to have him be the core of how good or bad we do.

I like that it's just one TV show and that's it. I'd love to just keep it that simple tbh. I've opened up a Tiny subscription worldwide outside of Oceania (it seems like A.S.N. has ABSOLUTE exclusivity) and whenever I hit the breaking even benchmark, I'll upgrade it.

Im not 100% on if Ill stick to RAW over say RIPW which Im really enjoying and has more goals to achieve. But RAW was really fun and I'd love to go back to it. I think the structure would make it really easy to blast through the game without really worrying about anything besides the storylines.

EDIT: Before I forget to add, Im currently looking for an Interview & a General Manager for the roster, both with high entertainment skills hopefully. Also cautiously seeing if theres any insane announcer/color commentator I might be able to bring in.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47633" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Im using a Perf >>>>>> Pop guy but after digging some RIPW, I decided to give the king of Pop >>>>> Perf, RAW, a try. Ive never given them a shot in previous TEW games, as far as I can recall. </p><p> </p><p> They're super fun. I did make some tweaks. I dont like playing with face/heel. Ive never liked/will never like alignments tbh. And there's no real reason for me to keep it. The other alteration I made was more so for selfish reasons, I changed the angle focus to be tight. I dont think it wouldve matter much if I kept it as it was since I had plenty of high grading angles in the end, but this is the Swoop show, I think it makes sense to have him be the core of how good or bad we do.</p><p> </p><p> I like that it's just one TV show and that's it. I'd love to just keep it that simple tbh. I've opened up a Tiny subscription worldwide outside of Oceania (it seems like A.S.N. has ABSOLUTE exclusivity) and whenever I hit the breaking even benchmark, I'll upgrade it. </p><p> </p><p> Im not 100% on if Ill stick to RAW over say RIPW which Im really enjoying and has more goals to achieve. But RAW was really fun and I'd love to go back to it. I think the structure would make it really easy to blast through the game without really worrying about anything besides the storylines.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Before I forget to add, Im currently looking for an Interview & a General Manager for the roster, both with high entertainment skills hopefully. Also cautiously seeing if theres any insane announcer/color commentator I might be able to bring in.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I used to be a perf over pop guy too. In fact I was unable to book any angle heavy products without failing miserably. Then I forced myself to use RAW a year or so after 16 was out and once I got the hang of it, i absolutely loved playing as them.</p><p> </p><p> I think Dumfrey Pinn makes a great gm. You'll have to talk him into the role, though. As a bonus, you're hurting a rival by signing him.</p><p> Troll could make a good CC. Also, Halloween Knight, i think. Not sure if he has the role but his entertainment skills make him valuable anyway. Won't get him exclusively though</p>

I used to be a perf over pop guy too. In fact I was unable to book any angle heavy products without failing miserably. Then I forced myself to use RAW a year or so after 16 was out and once I got the hang of it, i absolutely loved playing as them.

I think Dumfrey Pinn makes a great gm. You'll have to talk him into the role, though. As a bonus, you're hurting a rival by signing him.

Troll could make a good CC. Also, Halloween Knight, i think. Not sure if he has the role but his entertainment skills make him valuable anyway. Won't get him exclusively though

I used Pinn when I played as DIW a bit back in '16. I dont really care to bully any of the Australian companies too, I wouldnt really consider them rivals considering how little chance they stand lol. Its not a bad idea though.

Troll doesnt seem too bad. Havent really considered Halloween Knight but hes a thought.

Lots of great women managers/personalities who can talk tbh. I have a hard time not just turning to them for those roles since theyre real good.

I still really like performance based but I feel like booking Pop > Perf is chiller and requires less foreplanning on my part. Plus going from Japanese touring companies where most shows dont really matter to feeling like youre pushing storylines forward every episode is neat. I really want to see if I can build Beaumont to that top tier spot.

I've checked out a couple of the diaries about RAW, definitely some cool stuff going on. I like the idea of yearly "themed" episodes. Some of my favorite shows (B99, Community, Rick & Morty) all do that. I dont know if I'll have a strict spot for it on the schedule but Id love to have some batshit crazy episodes everyone is always excited for each year.

Also dug the Main Event Mafia idea I saw in christmasape's thread. Only skimmed but theres a lot of guys not involved in storylines at the start, namely Steele, Jackson, Captain Wrestling II, Rahmel Goode. I dig the idea of Swoop beating Frogue and winning another title and the rest of the main eventers being like naw this isnt happening anymore. I want to get a lot of stables going tbh.

Love the LiberTeens! In my headcannon, RAW hired a few social media coordinators to just spam LiberTeens boy band clips on twitter just like all the KPop spam. Drive up that heat!

I saw Kerry Wayne turn on Beaumont in one of the threads but I like the idea of giving Beaumont a heel run as the new head of the Wayne family. Tbh, Im 100% rolling with the Batman parallel. Kerry is my Nightwing, Kal my Red Hood, Kian my Red Robin, Will Beaumont is the new Robin. (I know Im skipping a bunch of complicated Batman lore in this summation).

Anyways, RAW is really cool.

That's almost exactly how I feel about RAW!

For years people said I should do a diary with them, as they'd 'suit my style' well. But I'm a Brit who watches American Wrestling mostly, so what would I know about Australia?

Turns out nothing.

But I googled a lot, and did my homework. Asked some friends. Things like that. And it's so easy to book a company with so much quality! From top to bottom, the whole roster are very good entertainers. I was surprised nobody got poached to the States or 21CW to be honest. Swoop especially. But someone like Goode, or Steele, or Captain Wrestling II. They could be great in SWF or USPW!

That's almost exactly how I feel about RAW!

For years people said I should do a diary with them, as they'd 'suit my style' well. But I'm a Brit who watches American Wrestling mostly, so what would I know about Australia?

Turns out nothing.

But I googled a lot, and did my homework. Asked some friends. Things like that. And it's so easy to book a company with so much quality! From top to bottom, the whole roster are very good entertainers. I was surprised nobody got poached to the States or 21CW to be honest. Swoop especially. But someone like Goode, or Steele, or Captain Wrestling II. They could be great in SWF or USPW!

I thought about it too and I guess the very simple answer is: the AI doesnt go out of its way to convince bankable stars to come to the U.S? Now granted, those guys have no pop in the U.S. to start so maybe if you find a way to expand globally (i got my tiny worldwide network to compliment A.S.N.), the USPWs/SWFs of the world will be more inclined to convince guys to come overseas? Could be the reason why RAW never bothered trying to expand outside of Australia despite having hit somewhat of a ceiling.

Whenever I do entertainment centric feds, I tend to go too overboard on angles to push storylines and have no room for matches so RAW's 50/50 mix made it real easy to focus on storylines & do matches as more of an afterthought.

Would you guys untick Spine Moves if you thought a match had a chance to get a pretty good grade (IE: you're running Frogue vs. Swoop after a month or two of build up and think they have a chance to get a top tier grade)?

Would you guys untick Spine Moves if you thought a match had a chance to get a pretty good grade (IE: you're running Frogue vs. Swoop after a month or two of build up and think they have a chance to get a top tier grade)?

I did untick it. The product is extremely safe anyway and I don't see any reason to limit the roster without need. If someone proofs to be very unsafe I just use the road agent note instead.

I used to be a perf over pop guy too. In fact I was unable to book any angle heavy products without failing miserably. Then I forced myself to use RAW a year or so after 16 was out and once I got the hang of it, i absolutely loved playing as them.

I think Dumfrey Pinn makes a great gm. You'll have to talk him into the role, though. As a bonus, you're hurting a rival by signing him.

Troll could make a good CC. Also, Halloween Knight, i think. Not sure if he has the role but his entertainment skills make him valuable anyway. Won't get him exclusively though

Wow, I was just coming here to say Dumfrey Pinn as the GM! He’s perfect for the role, plays a big businessman who could bully people around and perhaps even start a Corporation/Authority type faction (if you’re planning for a heel GM anyway).

As for an interviewer, there’s a worker called J-Rod or R-Pac or something like that who has GREAT mic skills that I picked up on an earlier save. I’ll find out his name once I have a computer in front of me.

Also, that’s a very good first show. Perfect way to book RAW, with LOTS of small segments. Shame the autobooker fails miserably when it attempts it, making all segments 10 to 20 minutes long.

Wow, I was just coming here to say Dumfrey Pinn as the GM! He’s perfect for the role, plays a big businessman who could bully people around and perhaps even start a Corporation/Authority type faction (if you’re planning for a heel GM anyway).

As for an interviewer, there’s a worker called J-Rod or R-Pac or something like that who has GREAT mic skills that I picked up on an earlier save. I’ll find out his name once I have a computer in front of me.

Also, that’s a very good first show. Perfect way to book RAW, with LOTS of small segments. Shame the autobooker fails miserably when it attempts it, making all segments 10 to 20 minutes long.

D-Pod. I have him in developmental. 84 mic, 85 charisma.

Another option for interviewer could be The Alex Arturro Experience. He's a former ZEN employee, with decent stats. Very good colour commentator.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Lloyd" data-cite="The Lloyd" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47633" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>D-Pod. I have him in developmental. 84 mic, 85 charisma.<p> </p><p> Another option for interviewer could be The Alex Arturro Experience. He's a former ZEN employee, with decent stats. Very good colour commentator.</p></div></blockquote><p> That’s him, D-Pod! Makes a great interviewer</p>

Hey all;

So started a RAW save and just finished up week 3 of Jan, been really enjoying it and was having Frogue find any and all ways to dodge Swoop, I had booked a 3 way between Swoop, Jackson and Frogue where I was going to have Frogue win and retain via tainted victory (think Swoop hitting his finisher on Jackson, Frogue throwing him out the ring and pinning Jackson for the win), however Swoop blocked that and no matter what he wouldn't take the loss, so I was going to make it non-title, but I forgot to remove the belt in a classic booking mishap that has happened to us all and didn't realize until the following week in what should have been Swoop challenging Frogue for the title and winning by DQ, however he obviously retained.

Question is, do I roll with this and have Swoop continue the reign despite the fact I would have preferred to have him win in a more exciting way, or do i chalk up the mistake and restart as I'm not that far into the game?

I would probably just continue, just one of Swoop's many reigns anyways, I imagine.

Got another show done. Swoop is insane. Really hard carries RAW even though that roster is stacked overall. Followed your advices and Im bringing in D-Pod, he'll have his own weekly segment where he interviews a wrestler and I'll let him grow in pop doing that for a bit. Dumpfrey Pinn is also in. I am considering singing the trio of Dreadnought/Diaz/Wolfsbaine to be his 3 Minute Warning. That or I guess I can use what I already have in Gladiator & JT Ace.

When Rahmel Goode retires, he'll certainly have a position of authority role at some point.

Besides that I'm trying to sign enough guys to per month contracts so I can run house shows.

Right now I'm slowly testing out my tag team divisions so I can give God's Gift something to do. Frogue & Swoop will be going at it for a bit. Im trying to establish more storylines but still finding my footing. Really fun company.

I would probably just continue, just one of Swoop's many reigns anyways, I imagine.

Got another show done. Swoop is insane. Really hard carries RAW even though that roster is stacked overall. Followed your advices and Im bringing in D-Pod, he'll have his own weekly segment where he interviews a wrestler and I'll let him grow in pop doing that for a bit. Dumpfrey Pinn is also in. I am considering singing the trio of Dreadnought/Diaz/Wolfsbaine to be his 3 Minute Warning. That or I guess I can use what I already have in Gladiator & JT Ace.

When Rahmel Goode retires, he'll certainly have a position of authority role at some point.

Besides that I'm trying to sign enough guys to per month contracts so I can run house shows.

Right now I'm slowly testing out my tag team divisions so I can give God's Gift something to do. Frogue & Swoop will be going at it for a bit. Im trying to establish more storylines but still finding my footing. Really fun company.

If you haven’t signed anyone already, I always use Warmonger and Hatemonger as Pinn’s heavies.

They’re pretty much the C’Verse version of the Road Warriors.

Hey all;

So started a RAW save and just finished up week 3 of Jan, been really enjoying it and was having Frogue find any and all ways to dodge Swoop, I had booked a 3 way between Swoop, Jackson and Frogue where I was going to have Frogue win and retain via tainted victory (think Swoop hitting his finisher on Jackson, Frogue throwing him out the ring and pinning Jackson for the win), however Swoop blocked that and no matter what he wouldn't take the loss, so I was going to make it non-title, but I forgot to remove the belt in a classic booking mishap that has happened to us all and didn't realize until the following week in what should have been Swoop challenging Frogue for the title and winning by DQ, however he obviously retained.

Question is, do I roll with this and have Swoop continue the reign despite the fact I would have preferred to have him win in a more exciting way, or do i chalk up the mistake and restart as I'm not that far into the game?

I’d just keep going with it, as Vince McMahon used to tell his workers, if you make a mistake out there, then that’s what MEANT to happen.

You trip getting in to the ring, then you meant to trip.

So guys, talk to me about expansion for RAW...

Obviously in my diary, I'm not too fussed about ever expanding. But at the same time, I like having the 'game' element of the game still at play, while I write my stories and have fun.

So. With that in mind. What are the best ways you guys can see of expanding RAW into other countries? I don't really want a PPV deal right now, as I have this vision of RAW as a TV Show, where they have 8-12 monthly 'special' episodes. But no PPV.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Lloyd" data-cite="The Lloyd" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47633" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So guys, talk to me about expansion for RAW...<p> </p><p> Obviously in my diary, I'm not too fussed about ever expanding. But at the same time, I like having the 'game' element of the game still at play, while I write my stories and have fun.</p><p> </p><p> So. With that in mind. What are the best ways you guys can see of expanding RAW into other countries? I don't really want a PPV deal right now, as I have this vision of RAW as a TV Show, where they have 8-12 monthly 'special' episodes. But no PPV.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Realistically I feel like they'd try to get on a Netflix or something like that. Alternatively, they would have their own sub network and do a ton of random shows based around workers like total divas and the e&c show.</p>

So guys, talk to me about expansion for RAW...

Obviously in my diary, I'm not too fussed about ever expanding. But at the same time, I like having the 'game' element of the game still at play, while I write my stories and have fun.

So. With that in mind. What are the best ways you guys can see of expanding RAW into other countries? I don't really want a PPV deal right now, as I have this vision of RAW as a TV Show, where they have 8-12 monthly 'special' episodes. But no PPV.

I would just expand them into tv in other countries. In 2016 ASN blocked this, so I could never get past National, which prevented me from playing much further, hopefully you can do it in 2020.

I would just expand them into tv in other countries. In 2016 ASN blocked this, so I could never get past National, which prevented me from playing much further, hopefully you can do it in 2020.

Unless Im mistaken, you wouldnt be able to get on TV internationally because you have 0 pop everywhere else.

<p>So, ASN don't let me negotiate with anyone in Oceania who I meet the criteria for.</p><p> </p><p>

Nobody outside Oceania will allow negotiations with me, because I don't meet the criteria.</p><p> </p><p>

Am I just stuck in a holding pattern?</p><p> </p><p>

Even internet subscriptions like OnDem, ASN block because they're shown in Oceania too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47633" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What about your own broadcaster? Do they reject that too?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So start my own, but make it really small? Will that build my popularity in other areas then?</p>