"bro.. BRO do you have what it takes to be the most ALPHA of all,

or will you end up just meat for the SHARKS?"

"8 Men and 8 Women compete to prove who's really the biggest fish in the sea - on the new season of ALPHA SHARK - Tuesdays at 9."

bOTj02D.jpg

z7DNhHs.jpg

DyYXV9T.jpg

ALPHA SHARK

a Johansson Brothers Production

Scripted Reality

just a quick note to give my apologies to all here and on the discord who i dropped contact with out of the blue and those who have posted enquiries in the time since. I got some bad health diagnoses and then a one two combo punch for close family health so things got rough in a hurry.

to any who were in the queue for commissions and had games planned around that happening, my bad, sorry.

things are ok for the time being, so may be putting out a few things here and there but its changeable so i dont want to guarantee anything like commissions atm so im going to just focus on putting out things when the moment strikes.

Ive got a small list of company names im thinking of doing, mainly working through the Product list to find the niche gaps that dont yet have a peg that fits that specific hole. The "Monster Battle", "Performance Art" and "Faux MMAs" of the world.

Wow, somehow I had overlooked this specific post since you turned back up. I'm so glad to hear that things have improved for you at this time, and hope they continue to do so. Once again, glad to have you back around these parts!

thanks!

yeah i thought it may more likely to be used by people as a tv show or faction since I doubt many people have been desperate to start up that Soap Opera / Telenovela Wrestling company, but i wanted to put something out to fill that void.

Had a lot of terrible names on a list for Wrestling Soaps like "Blue-eyes", "Bell2Bell" and "Real Men"

thanks!

yeah i thought it may more likely to be used by people as a tv show or faction since I doubt many people have been desperate to start up that Soap Opera / Telenovela Wrestling company, but i wanted to put something out to fill that void.

Had a lot of terrible names on a list for Wrestling Soaps like "Blue-eyes", "Bell2Bell" and "Real Men"

In our main event, Carlos is having a match with James because they've both been wooing Miranda, but when Miranda runs down to interfere on Carlos's behalf, *GASP* it turns out to actually be Miranda's twin sister Isabel. She reveals that she and and Carlos have been cheating behind Isabel's back ever since last month when she secretly woke up from her coma that she had been in since Frank pushed her in front of one of the tour buses six months ago.

Tune in next week on Real Heat to find out how Miranda deals with this betrayal by both Carlos and her twin sister!

Spoiler: this isn't Isabel. It's actually Elena, the secret long-lost third triplet of the family! She's working for Dr. Rudo to recruit Carlos into his team of hitmen who are fighting Frank, who's actually a secret agent and only pushed Isabel in front of the bus because he thought it was Elena, who had tried to poison him before that.

Just wanted to tell you that your logos are fantastic! Keep up the good work

thank you, im certainly enjoying the distraction atm

"Trenton Blurston from WrestleFinances reports that 58% of the US still consumes media on TV"

x90vu2U.jpg98ps7d1.jpgcH6YeQa.jpg

nsQxJeu.jpgwOqqRL1.jpgsIivLOA.jpg

arcadia / the pop! network / NCTV

In our main event, Carlos is having a match with James because they've both been wooing Miranda, but when Miranda runs down to interfere on Carlos's behalf, *GASP* it turns out to actually be Miranda's twin sister Isabel. She reveals that she and and Carlos have been cheating behind Isabel's back ever since last month when she secretly woke up from her coma that she had been in since Frank pushed her in front of one of the tour buses six months ago.

Tune in next week on Real Heat to find out how Miranda deals with this betrayal by both Carlos and her twin sister!

Spoiler: this isn't Isabel. It's actually Elena, the secret long-lost third triplet of the family! She's working for Dr. Rudo to recruit Carlos into his team of hitmen who are fighting Frank, who's actually a secret agent and only pushed Isabel in front of the bus because he thought it was Elena, who had tried to poison him before that.

Haha, sounds good!

TBH since watching Jane The Virgin I've wanted to create a telenova company, it's in my notes for if I make a 2026 mod lol

Haha, sounds good!

TBH since watching Jane The Virgin I've wanted to create a telenova company, it's in my notes for if I make a 2026 mod lol

I used to watch a lot of Days of Our Lives from like 1997 to 2007 on and off when I wasn't in school. I think my earliest memories are of when Marlena was possessed by the devil and Sammy was on trial for the murder of Franco and her on-and-off relationship with Lucas. It was good stuff. I also watched some Passions until Timmy died in real life. It just wasn't the same after that.

The problem is that I feel like there's lot of stalling since it's a daily show, so I could see the format of a show being like 3 storylines that are switched between, with not a lot happening, along with portions of a wrestling match that stretches through the whole show. I'm not sure that would translate well in-game.

I used to watch a lot of Days of Our Lives from like 1997 to 2007 on and off when I wasn't in school. I think my earliest memories are of when Marlena was possessed by the devil and Sammy was on trial for the murder of Franco and her on-and-off relationship with Lucas. It was good stuff. I also watched some Passions until Timmy died in real life. It just wasn't the same after that.

The problem is that I feel like there's lot of stalling since it's a daily show, so I could see the format of a show being like 3 storylines that are switched between, with not a lot happening, along with portions of a wrestling match that stretches through the whole show. I'm not sure that would translate well in-game.

i only managed to see one episode of it ever and a woman who was presumed dead was in fact being pursued by ninjas in a jungle?

i only managed to see one episode of it ever and a woman who was presumed dead was in fact being pursued by ninjas in a jungle?

Sounds about right. Lucha Underground nailed a lot of the outlandish soap vibes with the Drago being a real life dragon, the various tribes, an undercover police investigation and Matanza being a monster. I think Son of Havok had a presumed-dead buddy come back at one point? That's a super-soap-trope. They just needed more of the relationship polygons (triangles are too simple for soaps, sometimes) and they would've hit it dead on.

I actually can't stand soaps, my family used to watch then all here in England - neighbours, home and away, emerdale, coronation Street, Eastenders etc

My brother was obsessed even as a kid...then would mock me saying wrestling is fake lol

They don't sound as crazy as days of our lives though, a wrestling show would have to be over the top like that, or like the TV show Soap!

Kam - back on topic, loving the media logos!

"WrestleFinances Radio co-host Griz Ciullo also highlighted the internet market as a key area still with plenty of room for growth"

q2RMBo0.jpgNT8gBly.jpg45WBaJ4.jpg

SRV81Zv.jpglEThZXN.jpg6I1GuOf.jpgbT0gwVU.jpg

CommPlanet / WrestleWorld / WrestleWorld GB (Blue & WW Original Red)

Wanted to give WrestleWorld's expansions some individual design love but didnt want to change the branding or edit a 150x150 file so did a remake of the original for a foundation to build from. At the end of this i want to be able to drop all of the media logos as transparent back pngs so they're more of a resource.[/Quote]
  • Like 1

thanks for encouragement everyone

Ive posted this in the general discussion subforum but gonna say it here, if people have advice on which TV channels have direct analogies in the real world (or have close-ish analogies) that would be really useful for me.

TV is a blindspot for me but i want to try and give each channel design something that feels like a living world that fits and makes sense, while also communicates something to players so it can be a launching pad for their headcanon story / dynasties etc.

Or really any suggestions or ideas people have for media stuff im all ears.

Im keeping in mind that the Cverse and IRL isnt a 1:1 analogy and its kind of a sliding doors universe so im ok with things being a little shifted - so AS1 being a much larger deal than FS1, or Netstream missing the boat and being the number 2 to a GoogleTV type streaming channel with Reverie.

Speaking of AS1..

AS1's Mainstream Entertainment channel / Media Group?

ZCV66Kx.jpg

7GMbNDO.jpg

Asp Broadcasting Company / ASP

(Just a throwaway i mocked up for AS1 and then didnt go with but figure someone might have use of this)

Or really any suggestions or ideas people have for media stuff im all ears.

One thing that would help immersion would be more local or regional affiliates to the larger broadcasters.

Similar to how Fox has like "Fox 5 NY" and "Fox 11 LA" I think some of the bigger broadcasters could have tiny affiliates in different regions.

Maybe like ACE LA or CBA Houston to give the indies a mainstream regional commercial broadcaster to try to get on instead of just internet.

One thing that would help immersion would be more local or regional affiliates to the larger broadcasters.

Similar to how Fox has like "Fox 5 NY" and "Fox 11 LA" I think some of the bigger broadcasters could have tiny affiliates in different regions.

Maybe like ACE LA or CBA Houston to give the indies a mainstream regional commercial broadcaster to try to get on instead of just internet.

yeah i was mulling this over, think you're definitely right. Considering WrestleWorld means the US is suddenly accessible already at that size, it wouldnt be exactly game breaking to have the option of a local tv affiliate in the same space. Would be fun to design too.