I'm hoping there isn't already a 5SSW thread but if there is I haven't seen it.

5SSW was always a favorite of mine and I think they're a very interesting company in TEW 2020. Devil Karube and other top stars retiring leaves a gap to elevate newer stars and Fuyuko Higa isn't as bad an influence as previous games so maybe it's finally time to push her to the moon.

The smaller size of the company means they're a rebuild project and their good core of young talents should develop well as time goes on

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been able to get into the cverse, I tried a few times on 2016 but just could not get immersed. Determined to try and use this demo time to get into it and 5SSW definitely seems the most interesting promotion to me. Hoping that this thread serves as some inspo for me as well :D

Certainly, I think it's easier to come up with 5SSW factions in 2020 than it was in 2016. Slap Paige Croft and the Uprising together, call them SERAPHIM or the AAA-List, bam. Put the Kanto Express with Thea Davis, call them the Continentals or something evoking Europe to reflect their collective time together in EWA and bam. Another stable.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47777" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am gutted Karube has retired. She wasn't even that old!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Joshi wrestlers retiring young is the most accurate thing about this game.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TakumiIrohamarvelous" data-cite="TakumiIrohamarvelous" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47777" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As a big Stardom fan IRL I had been tempted to introduce factions to 5SSW</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Stardom is garbage. Watch Oz Academy.</p>

I really really hoped womens wrestling would play a way bigger role this time around. Instead even AAA foulds, in Europe you still cant even form a womens promotion with the amount of workers willing to work there....

Also no competition trying to rear its head at least in form of a womens division or a stardomesque startup under the banner of a bigger company. Especially with all the talent there even already in 2016 that just goes unused for years.

However the developments inside of 5SSW are really great looks very very interesting to me. I also think this is finally the Breakout time for Sae one of my favorite workers in 2016.

Yeah, it's unfortunate to see the stars from earlier retire. The company seems to have lost a LOT of pop in their non-core regions, but this might be the result of the new company size rework. In any event, they didn't gain any pop at all.

So right now the company is carried by Shiori, Yuma & Megumi, which is still a solid base but miles away from the old triangle. After Nyoko led the company through its beginnings, 5SSW has always been juggling the titles in three ways, which is illustrated nowadays with the new "triangle" title.

Gen 1 was the "Magic Three": Ogiwara, Hike & Crusher, though Hike kinda got the short end of the stick there. In TEW05, they even managed to have C- pop, which they've sadly never been able to match.

Gen 2 was intially the DEVIL & Yuma rivalry, but Megumi & Shiori were already being build up as alternates, with the former potentially the 3rd wheel, basically filling the Hike position.

Anno 2016 they tried to get a Gen 3 going by slapping the title on Tomoko & HEART but it seems to have missed its mark. In reality, it just continues Gen 2 without DEVIL. I have no idea whatsoever who will fill the shoes of the main eventers once they also call it quits.

Some info about the history of 5SSW:

Top 8 total title reign lenght (in months held):

Sensational Ogiwara = 78 (which is quite insane, no promotion can put forth these numbers, except SWF with Sam Strong)

Nyoko Toshitara = 70

Crusher Ishihara = 64

Yuma Maruya = 37

DEVIL Karube = 31

Shiori Jippensha = 30

Thunder Hike = 25

Megumi Nakashima = 24

Underlined workers are still active. No9 is Namiyo Muro with 12 months, which is pretty far behind. In no way will Yuma ever crack the top 3.

As for the new renders: I love these in general, and they look great, but they all don't really fit the characters imo.

Shiori does somehow radiate an aura of smugness, but in TEW16 she was quite "evil" which has somehow translated to "professional" with "straight edge" slapped on in the new personality system and she turned into a positive influence instead of being toxic.

Hana looks mean while her personality suggested a reserved, cute persona.

Gemmei hasn't been remade, even though the artist made an excellent rerender for her. Weird.

In general they also look rather 'big' for Japanese workers, and maybe I'm using the real world as reference. DEVIL looks quite buff, especially now as retired, but I like it as I exclusively play historical C-Verse anyway.

So, if you upgrade the production quality, you can get on Shogun TV. However, you're looking at either the graveyard shift or (if you want to give Shogun a bigger cut) late night. Worth it? Or should you use some of your starting money to launch an internet broadcaster.

Or, you could do both- get on Shogun and launch a broadcaster in another country.

Yeah, it's unfortunate to see the stars from earlier retire. The company seems to have lost a LOT of pop in their non-core regions, but this might be the result of the new company size rework. In any event, they didn't gain any pop at all.

So right now the company is carried by Shiori, Yuma & Megumi, which is still a solid base but miles away from the old triangle. After Nyoko led the company through its beginnings, 5SSW has always been juggling the titles in three ways, which is illustrated nowadays with the new "triangle" title.

Gen 1 was the "Magic Three": Ogiwara, Hike & Crusher, though Hike kinda got the short end of the stick there. In TEW05, they even managed to have C- pop, which they've sadly never been able to match.

Gen 2 was intially the DEVIL & Yuma rivalry, but Megumi & Shiori were already being build up as alternates, with the former potentially the 3rd wheel, basically filling the Hike position.

Anno 2016 they tried to get a Gen 3 going by slapping the title on Tomoko & HEART but it seems to have missed its mark. In reality, it just continues Gen 2 without DEVIL. I have no idea whatsoever who will fill the shoes of the main eventers once they also call it quits.

Some info about the history of 5SSW:

Top 8 total title reign lenght (in months held):

Sensational Ogiwara = 78 (which is quite insane, no promotion can put forth these numbers, except SWF with Sam Strong)

Nyoko Toshitara = 70

Crusher Ishihara = 64

Yuma Maruya = 37

DEVIL Karube = 31

Shiori Jippensha = 30

Thunder Hike = 25

Megumi Nakashima = 24

Underlined workers are still active. No9 is Namiyo Muro with 12 months, which is pretty far behind. In no way will Yuma ever crack the top 3.

As for the new renders: I love these in general, and they look great, but they all don't really fit the characters imo.

Shiori does somehow radiate an aura of smugness, but in TEW16 she was quite "evil" which has somehow translated to "professional" with "straight edge" slapped on in the new personality system and she turned into a positive influence instead of being toxic.

Hana looks mean while her personality suggested a reserved, cute persona.

Gemmei hasn't been remade, even though the artist made an excellent rerender for her. Weird.

In general they also look rather 'big' for Japanese workers, and maybe I'm using the real world as reference. DEVIL looks quite buff, especially now as retired, but I like it as I exclusively play historical C-Verse anyway.

That’s interesting never thought of looking at combined title reigns mike see how my company matches up could be fun, as for 5SSW I’ll likely give it a go but as I’ve actually never booked them before it’ll be a challenge

Joshi wrestlers retiring young is the most accurate thing about this game.

Stardom is garbage. Watch Oz Academy.

The irony here is amazing. The Oz Academy title is held by Mayumi Ozaki, 51 years old. The tag titles by AKINO and Sonoko Kato, 46 and 43 years old respectively. There should be more variation, IMHO. Jaguar Yokota is 58 and still wrestling. On the other hand there are a number of wrestlers in their teens.

So, if you upgrade the production quality, you can get on Shogun TV. However, you're looking at either the graveyard shift or (if you want to give Shogun a bigger cut) late night. Worth it? Or should you use some of your starting money to launch an internet broadcaster.

Or, you could do both- get on Shogun and launch a broadcaster in another country.

TV is key to growth and will probably cost less than setting up your own broadcaster so I'd personally go with a TV deal

I had a good time playing with 5SSW in '16, and so I'm back at it again. I'm probably not going to bother with a figurehead, as Yuma won't become the best talker and she's already into her mid thirties now. I made a few signings and have a bloated roster. But I'm also always on the lookout to find tag team chemistry.

As for TV, I did a quick upgrade and went with the graveyard slot for my tour highlights for the time being. I didn't see much value in broadcasting my events should there be a better alternative arising.

I signed Spider Isako and feel like she could be a main eventer for me in a couple of years thanks to her good starting stats and the progression from being Kit's protege.

Kinuye Mushashibo came over from NOTBPW and is underwhelming. I'll give her a shot to deliver at the next event against someone good before it's time to part ways and free up some space.

As for convincing foreign workers to join up, check out Black Diamond. I hope she's worth the losses that she'll take.

I really wish I could convince DEVIL to come out of retirement to put over MAYA or something.

I really really hoped womens wrestling would play a way bigger role this time around. Instead even AAA fouls, in Europe you still cant even form a womens promotion with the amount of workers willing to work there....

I understand being gutted about the default state of the world, but I'll disagree with your Europe example since with the new "Talk to Worker" feature you should be able to convince workers, especially unemployed ones, to make themselves available for employment in a new region.

with the new "Talk to Worker" feature you should be able to convince workers, especially unemployed ones, to make themselves available for employment in a new region.

No you won't. Do you honestly think someone will just move over based on the word of a random new booker. It might work if you have the stats or set your rep to very high, but if you play a normal game, no way. :p

As for 5SSW: don't worry about a figurehead, as they've never had one. And it doesn't look like one would suddenly emerge (maybe Higa?).

This will be my first company! :D

My short-term plan is converting the product into Lucharesu Entertainment. I want to still focus on the wrestling because there's lots of talent in 5SSW, but emphasize their characters more by bringing in gimmicks and storylines.

I've actually got pages and pages of notes on gimmicks for each worker, after which I'll be forming the stables and then finally storylines.

Some examples: I've got Fuyuko Higa turning heel with the Crimson Witch gimmick that will perform like a witch doctor, bizarre rituals and such. Sae Akutugawa will be Phantasmagoria, a Phantom of the Opera inspired play actress acting out her own twisted scripts in the ring. And finally Kinuye Mushashibo will be a Video Game Cosplayer (comedy) portraying and acting out female AND male characters.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out. :D

No you won't. Do you honestly think someone will just move over based on the word of a random new booker. It might work if you have the stats or set your rep to very high, but if you play a normal game, no way. :p

Honestly, why do you say that? The fact is, that feature doesn't ask a worker to MOVE anywhere. It asks them to be open for bookings there. There's another request that asks them to move closer and yes, no way someone would do that until they've established themselves there already. But simply asking a worker to take bookings isn't unreasonable and it happens all the time in reality.

EDIT: In 16, 5SSW often chose a figurehead, based on popularity, it seems. I've seen them choose Nakajima, Otsune Tsumura, and Jippensha. Here:

5lKvZ5bm.jpgDYxm2rnm.jpg

So I'm guessing it's possible for them to do it in 20 but they definitely don't need to. I'd look hard at Sae Akutagawa though.

I said that because I misread that post apparently (you could've deducted that from the response). Sorry. It thought it was moving.

I was wondering! It might've been influenced by The Nickman getting his RAW roster to move to W Australia and wondering why it was so easy.