TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

for match focus what does 3 ring circus and ensemble rate on? Also for angle focus can somebody tell me which each one does?

Click on the question mark in the top right while on your product screen. If you look under the product section in the handbook, there is a section for "match focus" and "angle focus" that explains how each rating is calculated.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KingAj" data-cite="KingAj" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What conditions need to be fulfilled to make a worker come out of retirement?<p> </p><p> I've managed to get bryan vessey out of retirement but others like jack bruce wont come out of retirement.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’m fairly sure the personal wealth section might have something to do with it too. Jack Bruce is loaded, and was the most expansive guy on the planet for a while.</p><p> </p><p> I know body condition plays a part as well but beyond that I’m not sure. User talents (silver tongue) and maybe your company size?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’m fairly sure the personal wealth section might have something to do with it too. Jack Bruce is loaded, and was the most expansive guy on the planet for a while.<p> </p><p> I know body condition plays a part as well but beyond that I’m not sure. User talents (silver tongue) and maybe your company size?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So just tried these theories, changed his personal wealth to normal which is the lowest. Put his body condition to 100% but im sure his rejection reason would say due to physical condition. Changed his popularity up and down. Use 'sophie' to max talents, still nothing.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if women's size and body work just like the mens? Not sure how to word this without sparking a debate on the subjectivity of attractiveness... </p><p> </p><p>

I've always thought with men asking them to move up in size increases their star quality (assuming to goes well), normally their sex appeal sometimes helps their physical stats too. Getting in shape/more muscular seems to work like this too. </p><p> </p><p>

Just checking if it's the same with women? In theory do I want to ask them to increase in size? Or could increasing in size (even if goes positively) negatively affect any stats?</p>

can someone help me find a product that matches impact's today? where theres a heavy focus on work rate, but also on good storylines? ive experimented with so many but guys star quality and overness constantly gets me dinged. i tried fast and furious but then theyre turned off by tainted finishes or draws or hardcore matches. thanks.

Does anyone know if women's size and body work just like the mens? Not sure how to word this without sparking a debate on the subjectivity of attractiveness...

I've always thought with men asking them to move up in size increases their star quality (assuming to goes well), normally their sex appeal sometimes helps their physical stats too. Getting in shape/more muscular seems to work like this too.

Just checking if it's the same with women? In theory do I want to ask them to increase in size? Or could increasing in size (even if goes positively) negatively affect any stats?

I don't know about increasing size but asking them to improve their physical condition does improve their sex appeal stat. I asked Connie Morris (flabby middleweight) to get in better shape and she went from Flabby Middleweight to Middleweight and her sex appeal went up (32 to 34).

Do the negative notes like "_____ did not came out of this looking good" or "_______ performed poorly" or "________ was used too much" contribute to negative momentum?

I've had a few guys who I've put in stables with bigger stars and because of the discrepancy in pop. they get notes like that during segments and have ended up with negative momentum despite pretty much never losing so I'm just wondering if it's the case that them being alongside bigger stars is actually detrimental?

How does Title Prestige increase or decrease?

In previous games it was based on how well (in terms of match quality) the title matches were. If the matches sucked (relative to company level) and the champion was an unmarketable momentum black hole, prestige decreased, if the match was good and the champion was doing well, the prestige increased. I assume it's the same still.

It's not directly tied to champion overness (all of my belts are more prestigious than my champions are popular, and are still increasing, except the tag titles who are significantly less because the champions got way over recently - need to get the belts off them, hmm...).

How important is star quality in this year's game

In general; Pretty important for getting workers over, but not very important once they are over. They're not used in things like national battles any more, so they're just a tool to help get a guy over. Workers with less star quality (and charisma) are less likely to be able to become stars, but once they are stars they don't get any particular benefit from having great SQ other than a small boost to matches/angles.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’ve never gotten past 10 minutes without a penalty, even with major stars with noted comedy worker attribute.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I was wondering because I know the aim says that but I put one on that was 17 minutes long and while it got dinged, it didn't tank the segment like I expected. Millie the Minx (Comedy Wrestler style; Noted Comedy Match Performer attribute; Star) vs Gemmei Oonishi (Comedy Match Worker; Unimportant) as a B show main event got dinged 4 pts from the 'regular' but still pulled a very good rating.</p>

I could not find this asked before (but I am sure it has), but is there any way to edit a title's lineage in a saved game? I know you can do it in the database before creating a new game, but I had one guy in a tag team retire (no advance warning other than he is 47) so the titles were vacated. I figured maybe I can just edit him to an occasional wrestler and have them drop the belts on my next show ahead of my scheduled plans, so I put the belts back on them and now the lineage shows them as two time champs....all I want to do is delete the extra line.

Thanks in advance!

In general; Pretty important for getting workers over, but not very important once they are over. They're not used in things like national battles any more, so they're just a tool to help get a guy over. Workers with less star quality (and charisma) are less likely to be able to become stars, but once they are stars they don't get any particular benefit from having great SQ other than a small boost to matches/angles.

I'm wondering, is star quality kind of like a soft cap on how over come can become? I have a handful of guys whose overness has passed their star quality, but a lot of guys tend to top out at or right around their star quality number.

Thanks for the titles answer, btw.

I'm frustrated by the lack of documentation on broadcasters, which makes it very difficult to determine viable broadcasting strategies. Can anyone help me out on this? As an example, I have no idea how much profit changing from an Internet Free to Air model to an Internet Cable model would bring in, and whether it might be worth the expense, or how quickly I might make back the money laid out, or whether an Internet Subscription Model would be better, and what the different profits of those might be. Since these are major long term decisions with large capital expenditures, I'm very hesitant to do any of them, but the guidance within the game is very minimal. If anyone can help me out with figuring this out I'd appreciate it.

Edit: As an example of the opposite of this, I found the documentation in game for merchandising very clear and helpful. I was able to figure out both how much it would cost and the likely benefits based on different attendance and popularity levels of moving to the next level and whether that would be worth it.

So, I set someone to an Exclusive Written Contract in the game editor before starting my game, but a month in I see they're also working in Japan. Is this a glitch? Or are Exclusive Written Contracts region-specific? It doesn't seem like it is during negotiations.

EDIT: Looking at it now I can see that the Worker is in Japan "On loan" but I didn't see anything about approving it or being asked. He also puts my company in second priority - how do I become his #1 priority?

EDIT: Looking at it now I can see that the Worker is in Japan "On loan" but I didn't see anything about approving it or being asked. He also puts my company in second priority - how do I become his #1 priority?

Get bigger and/or earn more prestige. Workers will always prioritize the largest company they're contracted to unless they're the owner or booker.