TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Are gimmick pros and cons connected to the gimmick itself and static (doesn't seem likely)? I went with a fan favorite gimmick, it is adequate and has a large penalty to psychology! What? Is this because the gimmick isnt great? What happens if it is awful? I don't understand this completely even after reading th dev journal and handbook.

Second quick one, I asked earlier but it went unanswered- is there a way to remove fog of war on a user character so I can see the actual skill numbers without looking in the editor?

Thanks for any help- especially on the gimmicks

Question about timing of adding to a storyline.

When should I add a new person to an ongoing story? Say I have a beatdown and someone new is going to make a big save, and now be part of it. Should I add them ahead of time (while booking the show)? Should I add them only after I run the angle?

I assume I should add them to the storyline before I use them in the storyline, but not sure how the ratings/bonuses/penalties all work.

Can one promotion have more than one owned broadcaster?

I want to have one for my promotion and then a smaller one for all my dev companies.

I can't get to the game for a day or two, so hopefully can provide and answer.b

Yep. It's possible now to create as many broadcasters for your company as you can afford^^

What do the match ratios mean? Like when it says “matches are rated between 75:25 and 60:40 in ring/popularity. I get the 60/40 is in ring and popularity but what is the 75:35?

It's the same, it will take the ratio with the best ratings.

For exemple, with the ratios

- 75:25 : a rating of 75

- 60:40 : a rating of 80

It will take the 60:40 ratio instead of 75:25 and vice versa

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alphadraighon" data-cite="alphadraighon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do alliances form organically in this year's edition? Because there's one in my current game that I definitely didn't create and wasn't in the database. So either they do or I've been playing drunk again.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Playing with default yes</p><p> </p><p> I played drunk a few times it's fun</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="themickcooper" data-cite="themickcooper" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This will be a really obvious question for most... but can someone explain to me what a user character and what a freelance character is on the database edit? Thanks!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> the user character means the character you can choose to play as at the start of the game, e.g David Avatar, Grand Avatar.</p><p> </p><p> I assume most people create themselves in the database, so you add your own picture and select user so when you start the game up you can select yourself</p><p> </p><p> Freelance is to do with Workers (mainly Japanese ones) something to do with them not being tied to one company and working different promotions I beleive</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sprout1883" data-cite="Sprout1883" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>the user character means the character you can choose to play as at the start of the game, e.g David Avatar, Grand Avatar.<p> </p><p> I assume most people create themselves in the database, so you add your own picture and select user so when you start the game up you can select yourself</p><p> </p><p> Freelance is to do with Workers (mainly Japanese ones) something to do with them not being tied to one company and working different promotions I beleive</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. Presumably there can be multiple user characters options on a database? Say in a real world mod you fancy having yourself, Tony Kahn, Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman, Gedo etc etc?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="themickcooper" data-cite="themickcooper" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks. Presumably there can be multiple user characters options on a database? Say in a real world mod you fancy having yourself, Tony Kahn, Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman, Gedo etc etc?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can play as anyone in the game. Not just User characters. But none of the people you listed are user characters. They're workers in the mods that are required to be in in order for the mod to work properly.</p><p> </p><p> User characters are all characters that aren't necessary for a mod. Like a generic "The Watcher" character. Or in the C-Verse... the "Avatar" characters. At the beginning of a save you will be asked if you want the remaining User characters removed or not.</p><p> </p><p> So no actual booker/owner belongs on that list^^</p>

If you are running a MITB/Royal Rumble type thing, what is the best way to set up the achievement?

I have a Ticket To The Top match i want to run, where the winner can cash in on a title shot.

Obviously i would set it up as annual, but should i set it to be retained or not, and does it really make a difference?

Will workers eventually complain about being stuck in development, if they're only there to be part of the roster?

Also, can you close down a development territory?

They will when their popularity has superceded the popularity of the developmental company by a certain margin (I don’t remember the exact margin, just that it’s popularity based)

And if you own the company you can close it. If you don’t, you can sever the relationship.

If you are running a MITB/Royal Rumble type thing, what is the best way to set up the achievement?

I have a Ticket To The Top match i want to run, where the winner can cash in on a title shot.

Obviously i would set it up as annual, but should i set it to be retained or not, and does it really make a difference?

I believe, and I could be remembering wrong, that setting an annual title to be retained means it can be defended throughout the year. Whenever I’ve done a rumble style match, I just have it as a title that’s annual with no retaining sand then use the angles to tell whatever story I want about the title shot.

They will when their popularity has superceded the popularity of the developmental company by a certain margin (I don’t remember the exact margin, just that it’s popularity based)

And if you own the company you can close it. If you don’t, you can sever the relationship.

How do I close it down? I can't seem to figure it out (Yes, I own the company and the development)

I believe, and I could be remembering wrong, that setting an annual title to be retained means it can be defended throughout the year. Whenever I’ve done a rumble style match, I just have it as a title that’s annual with no retaining sand then use the angles to tell whatever story I want about the title shot.

Thanks. Kind of what i was assuming. I only want to record the winner so guess i will switch retained off

How do I close it down? I can't seem to figure it out (Yes, I own the company and the development)

You can do it the following way:

Other companies -- go to development company in question -- contact -- close down.

OR

Your Office -- Child Companies -- Close Down.

I hope that helps!