TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I think you misunderstand the question. If you have multiple owned broadcasters.

You go to child company>Own Broadcaster

It defaults to the first broadcaster you created with no option to switch to another broadcaster. Adam has confirmed it is an oversight and will be fixed in patch 1.25

I have one owned broadcaster per region show I can show specials exclusive to certain countries.

Go to "Brodcasting" instead of "Own Brodcaster"^^

I think you misunderstand the question. If you have multiple owned broadcasters.

It defaults to the first broadcaster you created with no option to switch to another broadcaster. Adam has confirmed it is an oversight and will be fixed in patch 1.25

I have one owned broadcaster per region show I can show specials exclusive to certain countries.

I definitely didn't. If you click the regular broadcasters button rather than own, you can view and negotiate with every broadcaster in the game, including all of the ones you own.

I have a separate commercial and ppv broadcaster and my child companies have deals with both of them.

I’ve seen your post on the tech support forum. I must say that having multiple broadcasters is actually the most cost effective way to go, since (from what I’ve seen) upgrading an existing broadcaster is more expensive than setting a new one up from scratch.

This has to be a stupid question, but I can't figure it out.

I setup an avatar as unemployed and simmed 10 years of history. Then I "took over" the character of the existing owner of the fed I wanted to play as.

How do I "retire" or "remove" the first unemployed avatar and basically make it a single player game again?

I’ve seen your post on the tech support forum. I must say that having multiple broadcasters is actually the most cost effective way to go, since (from what I’ve seen) upgrading an existing broadcaster is more expensive than setting a new one up from scratch.

It certainly is, not sure what Adam meant by 'self-defeating'.

I know this probably isn't the right place for this question, but I need help.

Who do you access old threads involving the TEW2013 game because none of them seem to be working

MJStark's Belt thread.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522314

Just scroll down.

For example when I try to access the URL in the quote box it refuses to go to that thread, has anyone got anything that could help?

It certainly is, not sure what Adam meant by 'self-defeating'.

It’s a bit ‘gamely’ but I’m sure you can select multiple broadcasters per show. Would you want to show your developmental promotions worldwide though? Won’t that make them more popular, and hence more expensive, when you call them up and sign them to an exclusive contract?

It’s a bit ‘gamely’ but I’m sure you can select multiple broadcasters per show. Would you want to show your developmental promotions worldwide though? Won’t that make them more popular, and hence more expensive, when you call them up and sign them to an exclusive contract?

That was another benefit of having multiple owned broadcasters. I can create my child company there own network whilst keeping a limit on the coverage.

That way my dev guys get great exposure but I limit the child companies size at the same time.

That was another benefit of having multiple owned broadcasters. I can create my child company there own network whilst keeping a limit on the coverage.

That way my dev guys get great exposure but I limit the child companies size at the same time.

It also allows you to have a dev. territory in Oceania, without it only airing in your home region

I know this probably isn't the right place for this question, but I need help.

Who do you access old threads involving the TEW2013 game because none of them seem to be working

For example when I try to access the URL in the quote box it refuses to go to that thread, has anyone got anything that could help?

Some of the posts from previous years were lost when the forum went through a recent update and aren't able to be recovered.

This has to be a stupid question, but I can't figure it out.

I setup an avatar as unemployed and simmed 10 years of history. Then I "took over" the character of the existing owner of the fed I wanted to play as.

How do I "retire" or "remove" the first unemployed avatar and basically make it a single player game again?

When that player is active, go to the options screen. There is a button there that says leave game. Click that, and you can exit the game as that player and turn it back into a one player game.

Does cancelling a show have any effect?

E.x. if I have 3 events, and 1 monthly event, and I don't want to run the monthly on the months I have those other 3 events, instead of making it dormant for the month could I just Cancel the show? (I have pre-booking turned off). Speaking of.. Does making events dormant affect them at all?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Acamality" data-cite="Acamality" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does cancelling a show have any effect?<p> </p><p> E.x. if I have 3 events, and 1 monthly event, and I don't want to run the monthly on the months I have those other 3 events, instead of making it dormant for the month could I just Cancel the show? (I have pre-booking turned off). Speaking of.. Does making events dormant affect them at all?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cancelling a show on the day of the show gives you a hit to your momentum and popularity. Dormant doesn’t do anything other than make it where it isn’t in your active schedule.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ewrdude" data-cite="Ewrdude" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Playing as wwf in the 95 mod. Im a big company. How come i cant get a "events deal" in broadcasting. It says the broadcaster needs a minimum 12 shows a year. I havs a scheduled ppv (event) every month. Not sure why lr how i don't meet any company's criteria</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What all are you asking for in the deal? Do you have a picture of beets going on? I’ve never encountered this but I’m more than happy to try to help!</p>

How do you set up excursions? I’ve just set up a women’s development territory in the British Isles and have an excursion deal just inked with QAW for accepting excursions both ways. The question is, how do I actually send or receive workers in excursion? Is it limited to those on fixed written exclusive contracts?

How do you set up excursions? I’ve just set up a women’s development territory in the British Isles and have an excursion deal just inked with QAW for accepting excursions both ways. The question is, how do I actually send or receive workers in excursion? Is it limited to those on fixed written exclusive contracts?

Once you have an excursion deal set up with a company, go to the worker's page, and click "Send Away" (Same way you release them, etc.).

There should be an excursion option. It will breaks your contract with the worker (And databook says you must pay off the contract, if that would be neccessary) and they go work at the other company for however many years the excursion lasts (If the company accepts), and then they return to the worker pool (Not your roster) when it's over. Also, apparently the company can release the excursion worker, though it'll cause a relation penalty with you.

Once you have an excursion deal set up with a company, go to the worker's page, and click "Send Away" (Same way you release them, etc.).

There should be an excursion option. It will breaks your contract with the worker (And databook says you must pay off the contract, if that would be neccessary) and they go work at the other company for however many years the excursion lasts (If the company accepts), and then they return to the worker pool (Not your roster) when it's over. Also, apparently the company can release the excursion worker, though it'll cause a relation penalty with you.

I found the send away option I’m after I’d sent this post. Can’t believe the rest of your post is correct though. From what you’re saying excursions are simply sending somebody to someplace else and never getting them back. I would have thought it would have been a talent loan type of thing.

I found the send away option I’m after I’d sent this post. Can’t believe the rest of your post is correct though. From what you’re saying excursions are simply sending somebody to someplace else and never getting them back. I would have thought it would have been a talent loan type of thing.

I believe that when they are on excursions they can't sign a written deal with anybody else. Once the excursion end they become a free agent but with a true born loyalty to you to, so providing you offer them a contract they will sign with you.

I believe that when they are on excursions they can't sign a written deal with anybody else. Once the excursion end they become a free agent but with a true born loyalty to you to, so providing you offer them a contract they will sign with you.

They are already under contract with me. I was wanting to send some of my workers to QAW and vice versa. Guess that’s more of a developmental deal rather than an excursion thing. My women’s company is already a child company of mine, just wanted access to more worker other than the 2 generated British workers and the handful of European women you can bring over.

I have played a sneaky trick in getting US and Canadian workers to sign to a written exclusive for 6 months. They then agree to relocate. I’m then hoping I can sign them to handshake deals when their contract expires since I have not competition for women’s wrestling.

Playing as wwf in the 95 mod. Im a big company. How come i cant get a "events deal" in broadcasting. It says the broadcaster needs a minimum 12 shows a year. I havs a scheduled ppv (event) every month. Not sure why lr how i don't meet any company's criteria

I think you're likely misinterpreting the message - it sounds like you're in negotiations and they're demanding a minimum of 12 episodes / shows to be completed, not that you need 12 events on your schedule. You would need to change the drop down menu from None to 12 in the negotiation screen.

I think you're likely misinterpreting the message - it sounds like you're in negotiations and they're demanding a minimum of 12 episodes / shows to be completed, not that you need 12 events on your schedule. You would need to change the drop down menu from None to 12 in the negotiation screen.

Thanks for this clarification.