TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You don't even need to advance a day. Just max out their pop, save and close the worker's profile and then reopen it and set it back to what it was. It breaks the cap. Also works on skills that have capped out too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Didn't work.</p>

Wrestler Got Caught in Scandal

Hello. It was revealed one of my wrestler's was seeing hookers. I chose not to fire him because he was one of my top guys and I couldn't afford to lose him. It's been a year in game time since the scandal and it's still affecting him. How long does it take for a scandal like this to wear out?

Hello. It was revealed one of my wrestler's was seeing hookers. I chose not to fire him because he was one of my top guys and I couldn't afford to lose him. It's been a year in game time since the scandal and it's still affecting him. How long does it take for a scandal like this to wear out?

Think it was anywhere from 6 months to 2 years? Not 100% sure on that.

2020 has revolving pop caps and it’s not a static number like previous games so I don’t think the old trick of breaking the cap will work anymore.

The only other explanation would be that they could be limited based on your TV/PPV carrier size. More viewers = more popularity

ok that's sad, could have been an option in preference setting

I don't know if there is a resource for this already - what are the popularity levels for main eventers at Medium? I think it is relative to the roster, but if you have a bunch of unknowns and some guys at 20 popularity there's no way you stay at medium right?

I don't know if there is a resource for this already - what are the popularity levels for main eventers at Medium? I think it is relative to the roster, but if you have a bunch of unknowns and some guys at 20 popularity there's no way you stay at medium right?

It’s all relative to your company size. So a fresh medium company with only a few areas might have main eventers at 55-70 popularity. If they are on the cusp of Big then it’ll be closer to 80+

Is it more difficult to generate company loyalty than it was in TEW 2016, or is it just me?

Playing as a created Cult/Medium-sized Japanese in 2016, I would get quite a few young wrestlers loyal to my company if I signed them to a written contract.

In 2020, I have signed a number of young Japanese wrestlers to Exclusive Written deals, and not one of them has become loyal to my company.

Is it more difficult to generate company loyalty than it was in TEW 2016, or is it just me?

Playing as a created Cult/Medium-sized Japanese in 2016, I would get quite a few young wrestlers loyal to my company if I signed them to a written contract.

In 2020, I have signed a number of young Japanese wrestlers to Exclusive Written deals, and not one of them has become loyal to my company.

I've had some success as booker/owner in generating loyalty. I suspect that my avatar's silver tongue plays a part in that...but I also think that praising people after Events plays a role in loyalty too. Signing young talent to 'good' contracts is probably a factor, but I've noticed that wrestlers who I'm fond of, or single out for praise after a great match regularly are the ones who invariably become loyal to me.

edit: I'd also consider if you're booking them well/strong, and if you've kept up their momentum. Like life, there are probably multiple factors that stimulate loyalty, but just from my save, I think I've had the success I've had because I dole out praise to people who actually deliver rather than use it to pacify unhappy people or just praise the stars for the sake of it.

I was wondering if there’s a thread/ anywhere else I could look to see what the most important attributes for a worker are for each product, or if it’s more just trial and error?

Specifically, I was thinking about the promotion I’m currently running, WLW, where I use the LuchaResu product. I don’t know whether the puro skill of my workers is more, less or equally important to their flashiness, aerial or some other skill for match grades.

How can I get a mod to look in the correct folder for pictures? I've tried creating the picture folder in the game and then putting the pictures in the folders but it still continues to bring up the default folder pictures. It's for the 2004 Ruthless Aggression mod for reference and I downloaded the picture pack and mod from the tewdb.com website

How can I get a mod to look in the correct folder for pictures? I've tried creating the picture folder in the game and then putting the pictures in the folders but it still continues to bring up the default folder pictures. It's for the 2004 Ruthless Aggression mod for reference and I downloaded the picture pack and mod from the tewdb.com website

In the editor, towards the bottom left of the screen is a button labelled "Database Details". Within that is a drop down menu for "Picture Folder".

If you want to change the picture folder for an ongoing save - open the save, then go to "Options". Towards the top right of the screen, there is a button labelled "Change Pictures" (it's second from the top in the row of buttons furthest to the right of the screen.

Strange situation I just noticed. I have 3 road agents, but only one is showing up on my roster screen as "Set to debut _______ gimmick." She has been used several times but it doesn't go away. If she was the only road agent I wouldn't have noticed. She isn't on screen so the effect is irrelevant. But the other two road agents have also not been used on screen (to my knowledge) but they are not getting the same message. Just seems odd to me, unless I am missing something.

Strange situation I just noticed. I have 3 road agents, but only one is showing up on my roster screen as "Set to debut _______ gimmick." She has been used several times but it doesn't go away. If she was the only road agent I wouldn't have noticed. She isn't on screen so the effect is irrelevant. But the other two road agents have also not been used on screen (to my knowledge) but they are not getting the same message. Just seems odd to me, unless I am missing something.

Usually that just means that the other road agents don't have a default gimmick

Is there an option, or a mod, that can make the whole recognizable/well known system skinned as Main Event/Upper Midcard etc? Its been over a year and its still super unintuitive to me. I've got a cheat sheet, but I'd rather not just reference constantly.

That's hard coded into the game I believe. It wouldn't be possible to mod it out.

<p>I'm playing in a two player game with a friend and I am playing as his child-company. I have a TV deal through his broadcaster and through youtube. The child company has 35 pop across NA and very low pop in other areas of the world with some TV expsure through the broadcaster.</p><p> </p><p>

Whenever I do shows, I get the note that there were no popularity changes on from the show, despite my show ratings be upper 50s, well above the 35 company popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

Any explanations/suggestions?</p>