TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Maximum number of events?

I have noticed that attendance seems to fall if you run "too many" events in the same month. What are the limits? Does it depend on the event type you run, or on the size of your company?

EDIT: Note that here I am talking about the total number of events you run, not the number of events in the same region. My company is Big, and was previously running 5 events per month (1 normal, 4 lesser). But then adding one more lesser event has cratered attendance. So I want to understand the limits - e.g. would 2 normal, 4 lesser hurt attendance? etc.

Wondering if anybody can help me find a mod. I was looking to play a WCW mod preferably closer to the end of WCW, you know trying to fix things before they go out of business. I've looking through a couple, but they don't seem to be updated or have errors that are hard to overlook. Is there an obvious mod I'm overlooking?

Playing a historical 1991 WWF mod. What's the best way to "break into a game area"?

We're really established in the US, Canada, and the UK but can't get television in Mexico, Japan, Europe, or the others.

Is the best way to just run a show in an area and not televise it? I don't want to hurt my popularity in my established regions.

Question about Women's Wrestling

Hello. I am trying to start a women's division in my company, but I was penalized for having a women's match. My autobooker is also setting up matches between men and women, which is something I don't want. Is there a way to change this? My current product is Classic Southern Wrestling.

In the product, check to see if it shows up as integrated or by division. Also is the penalty for having the match at all? Or the quality of the match?

A question of my own - I have a worker who is willing to put over someone I am pushing, and it shows something like 2 matches in 3 months. Where it shows the number of matches does that mean that's the number of matches they are willing to have the other guy go over in?

The penalty is for having a women's match it says in the road agent report that fans were expecting to see men's wrestling. I checked the product screen and didn't see anything related to women's wrestling.

If you go to the Product screen, look on the lower left and there's some dropdown menus: Women's Wrestling, Match Focus, Angle Focus, and AI Booking Style. You need to change Women's Wrestling to something other than None (and since you don't want intergender matches, you don't want Integrated either).

In the product, check to see if it shows up as integrated or by division. Also is the penalty for having the match at all? Or the quality of the match?

A question of my own - I have a worker who is willing to put over someone I am pushing, and it shows something like 2 matches in 3 months. Where it shows the number of matches does that mean that's the number of matches they are willing to have the other guy go over in?

Yes, I believe that is what that means.

I also have my own question - Is there any way I can exercise some control over my developmental territory? I'd like to bring up the world champion in the near future and he's been champ for close to 200 days now. I'd like him to drop the belt before moving on to the main roster rather than just vacating the title on its first-ever reign. Can have any type of input on the booking or even take control for a show somehow?

Yes, I believe that is what that means.

I also have my own question - Is there any way I can exercise some control over my developmental territory? I'd like to bring up the world champion in the near future and he's been champ for close to 200 days now. I'd like him to drop the belt before moving on to the main roster rather than just vacating the title on its first-ever reign. Can have any type of input on the booking or even take control for a show somehow?

I think you'd have take control of the booker as a second player, book the show, then leave the game as that second player. I can't think of another way to exercise the control you're looking for.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="H3power" data-cite="H3power" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I also have my own question - Is there any way I can exercise some control over my developmental territory? I'd like to bring up the world champion in the near future and he's been champ for close to 200 days now. I'd like him to drop the belt before moving on to the main roster rather than just vacating the title on its first-ever reign. Can have any type of input on the booking or even take control for a show somehow?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You would just warn the development territory that you're planning to call him up rather than actually going through with it; they'll then know that he's leaving and try and take the belt off him as soon as they can.</p><p> </p><p> You do that in Office > Developmental by hitting Recall on the chosen character and selecting Prepare To Recall.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You would just warn the development territory that you're planning to call him up rather than actually going through with it; they'll then know that he's leaving and try and take the belt off him as soon as they can.<p> </p><p> You do that in Office > Developmental by hitting Recall on the chosen character and selecting Prepare To Recall.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In a world of Johnny Ace’s, be a Jim Ross</p>

I'm 3 months into a game where my shows have run from 68 to 77 on average. I have my shows broadcast in every region on the planet. I am using the latest patch and have yet to gain one single point of popularity anywhere on earth. Even where I'm 12 Over in Europe I've gained nothing in all my shows. What gives? I'm going to go broke from investing in a network over this.

I'm 3 months into a game where my shows have run from 68 to 77 on average. I have my shows broadcast in every region on the planet. I am using the latest patch and have yet to gain one single point of popularity anywhere on earth. Even where I'm 12 Over in Europe I've gained nothing in all my shows. What gives? I'm going to go broke from investing in a network over this.

Generally it would be down to one (or both) of two things:

1 - The popularity you would be gaining is being offset by penalties (such as for an industry in the toilet)

2 - Your broadcasting level is not high enough to gain any more popularity than you already have. For example, if you have the absolute bottom level of coverage - which is often the case in overseas areas if you've made yourself a broadcaster - then you can never get past a certain, quite low, level of popularity because not enough people can possibly watch your show to get it any higher.

At what point will a company sell? I can buy any local to small company as soon as they go into the negative. Right now TNA is 48 million in the hole and they will not sell to me. Any idea why? They are at Medium size.... but still.... won't sell owing that much money?

I might be wrong, but I believe that a company's willingness to sell is impacted by the owner's "Other Companies" setting under the "Business" section of their profile in the editor. My understanding is that those who are more willing to work with other companies are also more willing to sell.

In the handbook it states that, "A company's financial performance is also key to whether they will accept a takeover attempt. As with bankruptcy, the amount of debt is not relevant, all that matter is how many consecutive times they have ended the month with a negative bank balance. Please bear in mind that finances are only part of the takeover process, some companies will refuse to be taken over even if they're in bad financial shape because of their owner's personality, their relationship with the aggressor, etc."

I might be wrong, but I believe that a company's willingness to sell is impacted by the owner's "Other Companies" setting under the "Business" section of their profile in the editor. My understanding is that those who are more willing to work with other companies are also more willing to sell.

In the handbook it states that, "A company's financial performance is also key to whether they will accept a takeover attempt. As with bankruptcy, the amount of debt is not relevant, all that matter is how many consecutive times they have ended the month with a negative bank balance. Please bear in mind that finances are only part of the takeover process, some companies will refuse to be taken over even if they're in bad financial shape because of their owner's personality, their relationship with the aggressor, etc."

I've run into this where I was able to buy one company that was going bankrupt right away, but 2 other companies that I've had my eye on were unwilling to sell even when they were in trouble with the banks. So what I did was 'gift' them enough money to get back into the black, but not by much to hopefully improve my standing with the owner, so that when they dropped back into the red again they may be more willing to sell. It hasn't worked yet, but I assume that it may take some work for the owners of those promotions to 'warm up to me'. I've also considered trying to do talent trade deals with them in order to make our relationship even more positive, but haven't done that yet wth either company.

Question:

I'm just starting out. Running as a booker for a tiny independent company, so many of my top workers are contracted to multiple companies with handshake deals. I figured out how to check the worker's schedule, but I'm trying to pre-book a major title match and my champion appears to be scheduled to multiple events on the date of my only show for two months. This concerns me because on one of my early trial runs to learn the mechanics, I ended up having a couple pre-announced matches that I couldn't run due to an absentee worker, resulting in a penalty for not delivering the advertised match. Is there a way I could find out which company's event my champion will be at, or should I just book the match for a later event? I'd rather have my short-term plan executed on the upcoming show if possible as the next event isn't for two more months...but I'll do what's best for business regardless ;)