TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

That....that would do the opposite of saving money

lol I did a bad job of explaining my intention. I wanted to run a battle royal with all the talent used on the card to fluff up the length of the show without paying for my expensive talent to come in for one match. Kind of like the territorial spot shows.

How would I know if a Worker has reached a Skill Cap?

I have a worker who has been at 40 Brawling for 10 months. I know workers can go a few months before they gain a Point but this is a long stretch.

How can I tell when I have reached a skill cap or if its really slow?

I have a worker who has been at 40 Brawling for 10 months. I know workers can go a few months before they gain a Point but this is a long stretch.

How can I tell when I have reached a skill cap or if its really slow?

A few more details would be helpful. How old are they? Are they being used on every show? Are they doing house shows? Are they attending a performance center?

Something seems wrong here...

I'm playing the 2010 Mod... As TNA. Just did Genesis 2010 which received 181,747 PPV buys. But the PPV Revenue is $106,464... Would that mean that PPV providers are charging less than a $1 for my PPV's cause if thats the case that is absolute nonsense.

All jokes aside about the state of TNA in 2010 but... How?

I'm playing the 2010 Mod... As TNA. Just did Genesis 2010 which received 181,747 PPV buys. But the PPV Revenue is $106,464... Would that mean that PPV providers are charging less than a $1 for my PPV's cause if thats the case that is absolute nonsense.

The figure is your cut of the PPV revenue, not the gross total. Once you've taken off the provider's cut, particularly if you're not charging very much to begin with due to your size and schedule type, you might well end up making less than a dollar per buy.

Two questions relating to protege/mentor relationships.

1. If I'm using a mentor as a user character; ie Dusty Rhodes, will Dusty still be able to pass on knowledge to proteges like Scott Hall or DDP?

2. Can non-in ring workers develop mentorship/protege relationships? For example, could Paul Heyman become a protege broadcaster to someone like Jim Ross like in real life? Heyman has stated Ross was instrumental in helping him improve his commentary game. I can set this relationship in the editor, but will Ross pass on announcing/color skills randomly since he's a mentor?

1. If I'm using a mentor as a user character; ie Dusty Rhodes, will Dusty still be able to pass on knowledge to proteges like Scott Hall or DDP?

2. Can non-in ring workers develop mentorship/protege relationships? For example, could Paul Heyman become a protege broadcaster to someone like Jim Ross like in real life? Heyman has stated Ross was instrumental in helping him improve his commentary game. I can set this relationship in the editor, but will Ross pass on announcing/color skills randomly since he's a mentor?

Not that I know of, in either case.

I know you can add that relationship in the editor. Not sure though if it's only limited to active wrestlers or not. But if I remember right, I'm pretty sure I had an organic one pop up with William Regal, who was non-active wrestler and was a manager and commentator, take on a younger talent wrestler as his protege. There is also a "Passes on knowledge" attribute you can add to workers you want to be mentors and then wait for organic ones to pop up.

quick question about travel cost

what's the difference in covering Travel Costs in the "backstage" section, and covering travel cost in a worker contract?

I always assumed they were two different things independent of each other where the backstage version would represent a paid shuttle (or similar) for the talent to get to the actual venue from their hotel and the contract is what determines if you actually pay their plane ticket.

So of course two weeks into my new CWA game Aaron Knight got hurt in a match and has "chronic shoulder problems" now. Says he can work through it, but it cut his match grade by about 10 - 15 points. I am thinking of doing a storyline that puts him out for a couple months. Will giving him a couple of months off help the timeline for this injury at all? I know the chronic injuries affects can last a really long time.

So of course two weeks into my new CWA game Aaron Knight got hurt in a match and has "chronic shoulder problems" now. Says he can work through it, but it cut his match grade by about 10 - 15 points. I am thinking of doing a storyline that puts him out for a couple months. Will giving him a couple of months off help the timeline for this injury at all? I know the chronic injuries affects can last a really long time.

Consider yourself lucky....Knight was killed in a golfing accident at age 27 in my save. Had no idea he was a big deal until I took over CWA 7-8 years into my save and discovered he had died while I was booking another company. By far the highest profile 'early death' I've come across.

How badly will I be punished if I turn a '100% heel' into a babyface? Will every match and promo get docked points ? or will he just get docked in his gimmick rating?

I would be fine with the gimmick getting hit, but not the promos and match ratings....

How badly will I be punished if I turn a '100% heel' into a babyface? Will every match and promo get docked points ? or will he just get docked in his gimmick rating?

I would be fine with the gimmick getting hit, but not the promos and match ratings....

I'm not exactly sure how severe the penalty would be, but I would say just do it. It's like the one of few actual ways you can role play being a bad booker in this game.

The penalties would be put onto the angle and match ratings. Remember, the gimmick ratings taking into account face and heel doesn't exist in the game anymore.

It's getting annoying. I'm trying to hire Steve Williams to WWF. He says if he don't get better offer he'll sign with me. I'm getting email 'AJPW has altered contract offer' so I'm sweeten the deal and he confirms if he don't get better offer he'll sign with me. Cool. Few days later bidding is over he signed with WCW.........

Why AI promotions have final offer? I would improve my offer if I get mail about WCW giving more. It's not the first time it happened.

Any advise?

It's getting annoying. I'm trying to hire Steve Williams to WWF. He says if he don't get better offer he'll sign with me. I'm getting email 'AJPW has altered contract offer' so I'm sweeten the deal and he confirms if he don't get better offer he'll sign with me. Cool. Few days later bidding is over he signed with WCW.........

Why AI promotions have final offer? I would improve my offer if I get mail about WCW giving more. It's not the first time it happened.

Any advise?

AI companies get the final chance because their offers happen during the PM / loading phase which is obviously after you've made your offer. They therefore get a slight advantage in that regard in that they can slip in one final offer which, if it's right before the worker makes his decision, you can't counter. That's just a natural consequence of the AI going 'second'. Given how just about everything else is in the player's favour, I think we can give the AI the occasional advantage.

• Thanks 1