TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Not sure if anyone else has posted this or if I should put in the Tech Support forum, but has anyone else noticed that Developmental workers gain pop a lot quicker than main roster guys? I'm playing as SWF and gave myself a network and gave RIPW air time on the network, I now have 4 guys (Logan Wolfsbaine, Austin Smooth and two others I can't remember) who went from single digit pop to 25-40 across the board in 3 months. Meanwhile guys that were on the main roster (Ernest Youngman, Davis Wayne Newton) have gone up about maybe 10 points in the same time frame, while constantly getting wins and a few wins over guys with 40-55 pop.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SauceManFresh" data-cite="SauceManFresh" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if anyone else has posted this or if I should put in the Tech Support forum, but has anyone else noticed that Developmental workers gain pop a lot quicker than main roster guys? I'm playing as SWF and gave myself a network and gave RIPW air time on the network, I now have 4 guys (Logan Wolfsbaine, Austin Smooth and two others I can't remember) who went from single digit pop to 25-40 across the board in 3 months. Meanwhile guys that were on the main roster (Ernest Youngman, Davis Wayne Newton) have gone up about maybe 10 points in the same time frame, while constantly getting wins and a few wins over guys with 40-55 pop.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same thing happened with me when I created a developmental for TCW. For months it was impossible to raise the pop meaningfully for the women division I created but when I looked at the women at developmental, six of them were 52-60 in pop in the same three months.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RACZero" data-cite="RACZero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Same thing happened with me when I created a developmental for TCW. For months it was impossible to raise the pop meaningfully for the women division I created but when I looked at the women at developmental, six of them were 52-60 in pop in the same three months.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good to see it's not just me. At this point I'm just going to call up the guys that are over and send the others down to development to get their pop up quickly.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why are the pictures on the Roster page and worker Profile different, and how can they be made the same?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On the Roster page it'll show that worker's character/name/gimmick in your company. The Profile is their default profile which they have outside of your company, such as if you look at them on the Workers page.</p><p> </p><p> If you want to change the picture for someone in your company, click on Office > Roster > select the worker and then click on the yellow text above their picture.</p><p> </p><p> If you want to change the default profile picture, click on Options > In-Game Editor > Workers and select the worker you want.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They meant the CVerse companies CZCW and CWW (I think? Could be wrong, I guess). Which would be the products Fast And Furious and Wrestling As A Sport.</div></blockquote><p> Thanks</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a reason why my singles titles arent being defended on any of my child companies shows? I have them running 4 tapings at once and neither my Main or Minor singles titles are being defended at all. Meanwhile, my tag titles are defended once during the recordings. All 3 have an Often on TV frequency and Often on Events.<p> </p><p> Just looked and neither singles title has been defended on PPVs either despite often frequency. I copied the TCW company. I assigned champions after the 2nd set of tapings didn't include a singles title match and still not defended. I even changed the AI booking style from Old School Western to basic Singles and Tag to see if that would help and still nothing.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This sounds like a bug. I've seen this happen with alliance titles that are set to 'often' or 'where possible' but just figured it's because the AI is wonky.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SauceManFresh" data-cite="SauceManFresh" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if anyone else has posted this or if I should put in the Tech Support forum, but has anyone else noticed that Developmental workers gain pop a lot quicker than main roster guys? I'm playing as SWF and gave myself a network and gave RIPW air time on the network, I now have 4 guys (Logan Wolfsbaine, Austin Smooth and two others I can't remember) who went from single digit pop to 25-40 across the board in 3 months. Meanwhile guys that were on the main roster (Ernest Youngman, Davis Wayne Newton) have gone up about maybe 10 points in the same time frame, while constantly getting wins and a few wins over guys with 40-55 pop.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This sounds like the game is treating the developmental guys as if they were on the main roster. It's been common (since what, TEW13?) for low pop people to be given a bit of a boost, with regard to popularity gain, when they join a large company. It brings them inline with people at/near the bottom of the card. If your unimportant people average 30 popularity and some guy comes in with 8 popularity, it'll give a little jump to get them to the mid-20s quickly so they'll be somewhat useful. That sounds like a bug OR a great feature to make developmental workers instantly useful (though the "downside" is it'll probably make the dev promotion shoot up in size really quickly).</p>

If Horace has 95 popularity in an area and Hulk has 90 popularity in that area and a show is held there then yes, Horace will put more butts in seats than Hulk. The problem is, with Hulk's Star Quality, he'll get to that 90 popularity a helluva lot faster and with much less effort (on the part of the booker) than Horace.

Thank you for the explanation, and a thanks again to D-Lyrium, as well! My booking in 2016 eventually became hamstrung by "but this guy doesn't have a high SQ" nonsense that made it a lot less fun.

This sounds like the game is treating the developmental guys as if they were on the main roster. It's been common (since what, TEW13?) for low pop people to be given a bit of a boost, with regard to popularity gain, when they join a large company. It brings them inline with people at/near the bottom of the card. If your unimportant people average 30 popularity and some guy comes in with 8 popularity, it'll give a little jump to get them to the mid-20s quickly so they'll be somewhat useful. That sounds like a bug OR a great feature to make developmental workers instantly useful (though the "downside" is it'll probably make the dev promotion shoot up in size really quickly).

That is what I thought as well, but I hired all these guys right at the start of the game and they have been featured multiple times on my B show and a few appearances on the A show. The only one on the main roster that has managed to crack the 20's across the board is Ant-Man who is getting some rub in angles on the main show right now and he just hit 21 pop. I've had Ernest Youngman and Davis Wayne Newton get clean wins over Jungle Lord and American Machine and their pop has gone up maybe 10 points from where it started. Meanwhile Logan Wolfsbaine has gone 6-2 in development and is 37 across the world. If it's working as intended, that's great, I have no issue doing the NXT route of throwing guys in development for a few months to introduce them and then call them up. Just doesn't feel like it's working correctly.

Another picture question. I'm using .gifs. How do I change the background image? Can I do this for Stable members?

.gifs will likely have transparent backgrounds (otherwise there's no benefit of using them over .jpg). The background will be for the company they're employed by or if their stable has a specific graphic attached to that stable then it'll use the stable graphic. For example Shawn Michaels would have a WWF/WWE background, but if DX had a graphic and he was a member at that time then he'd have a DX logo behind him.

Are you able to send workers to a performance center via the pre-game editor? Or is it only once you start a save?

If you add a contract to someone in a company that has a developmental company you can change the "In Developmental" stat on the contract to "Yes" and it should add them into the developmental company rather than the parent employer.

I feel like I am being really stupid and blind but is there a way to remove the fog of war like in 2016? I am stuck with the stat ranges and haven't been able to find a way to get the actual stat values shown :)

Options -> Your Preferences -> Uncheck the bottom two options in the left column.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JoeC" data-cite="JoeC" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where can I see there skill of being a face/heel? And gimmicks?<p> </p><p> How do I assign someone a manager?</p><p> </p><p> Can’t seem to find these options!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There aren't specific babyface/heel and gimmick states anymore. If you look at their attributes (click on the arrow next to skills and it will take you to their attributes). That will tell you if they have a specific skill in being a babyface or heel or have any specific gimmick strengths or weakness.</p><p> </p><p> To assign a manager, you can either click on their name at the top of the roster page (highlighted in yellow) or on their perception. It will bring up their Alter Character Details screen, where you can change their picture, name, bio, assign them a manager, division, brand, etc..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RobinVanDutch" data-cite="RobinVanDutch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where can I turn off fog of war? Can't seem to find the option in TEW 2020</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's Scouting.</p>