TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are fully face-painted characters considered "masked" for game purposes. I'm thinking someone like a Sting or a Vampiro.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> No.</p>

Going to buy TEW 2020 in the next few days. Two things I'm not sure of, I've never played it before. Where do you download stuff like rosters from different eras, and once I buy it on this website, do I need to download any patches or anything, or is the game I download completely up to date? Thanks

Going to buy TEW 2020 in the next few days. Two things I'm not sure of, I've never played it before. Where do you download stuff like rosters from different eras, and once I buy it on this website, do I need to download any patches or anything, or is the game I download completely up to date? Thanks

This forum section you're posting in is under "GDS Central" at the top. If you back out to the main forum page and scroll down a bit, you'll see another section that is "Total Extreme Wrestling 2020" in white letters on a gray background. This part has 4 sections under it. Two of them will be where you want to go for the questions you've asked.

The Mods section is where you will download "databases" and these have new/different data from the base game that would include different eras, real world wrestlers etc. The base game comes with its own universe and thousands of wrestlers so you can start playing it right away if you want. The Mod community is great with this game but The 2020 version is also relatively new so people are still working on and fleshing out mods. You can check this section before you buy to see if there is a theme or era that 1) interests you 2) is at a playable stage.

I'm not sure if the base game comes fully updated but you can get the latest update in Tech Support. The link to that area is here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547178

Either way, the game should tell you if it needs to be updated when you fire it up for the first time. It is easy to do, you'll just download a zip file that has an exe in it and then drag that exe from the zip into the main game folder on your system to overwrite the old one.

Posted a thread about this but didn't see any responses so posting it here:

Question to those who appoint figureheads in their federations.

I started with a real world mod and the WWE has Roman Reigns as a figurehead, but he is consistently "Angry at Pressure of Being a Figurehead". He was already in this position and has been there already for 2 year and 3 months.

Is there anyway to curb this trait from continuing to affect his morale?

In the game, he is one of the most popular wrestlers in the world, has 86-99 Charisma, 76-89 Microphone, 76-89 Acting, 100 Star Quality, 95 Star Appeal, is "Over".

With him as a Figurehead, the business is down by 25% and WWE sells less than 25% merchandise, so I am not certain what if it's just a lost cause for him and I need to remove him ASAP.

Any tips that I should be aware of such as particular Attributes to pay attention to for new Figureheads or particular Skills that will help out the best?

When I look at the Figurehead screen, basically every single option has like 3-4 different Positives but than like 10-12 negatives and everyone is "very close to being a figurehead" but due to the WWE roster being so large, they are compared to so many wrestlers that have "a little more charisma" or "slightly more over" or "a little more star quality" that it seems impossible to have a Figurehead in a promotion this size due to how the hidden math is calculated.

Edit/Delete Message

Reigns would need to be the best in all categories to turn it around and even then...depending on the personality he still might not do well with the pressure. After all it's supposed to simulate real life, where WWE put Reigns in a position that he wasn't suitable with and put some big pressure on him over night, depite other peope overshadowing him.

Long story short...I would drop him as a figurehead and keep that position empty, until I've build up someone to fit the role

This forum section you're posting in is under "GDS Central" at the top. If you back out to the main forum page and scroll down a bit, you'll see another section that is "Total Extreme Wrestling 2020" in white letters on a gray background. This part has 4 sections under it. Two of them will be where you want to go for the questions you've asked.

The Mods section is where you will download "databases" and these have new/different data from the base game that would include different eras, real world wrestlers etc. The base game comes with its own universe and thousands of wrestlers so you can start playing it right away if you want. The Mod community is great with this game but The 2020 version is also relatively new so people are still working on and fleshing out mods. You can check this section before you buy to see if there is a theme or era that 1) interests you 2) is at a playable stage.

I'm not sure if the base game comes fully updated but you can get the latest update in Tech Support. The link to that area is here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547178

Either way, the game should tell you if it needs to be updated when you fire it up for the first time. It is easy to do, you'll just download a zip file that has an exe in it and then drag that exe from the zip into the main game folder on your system to overwrite the old one.

That is very helpful, thanks so much for such a detailed reply!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Acamality" data-cite="Acamality" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I have a Kayfabe Injury stoppage, am I able to avoid having a worker in matches for a little bit before giving them a return, or will they still get upset about not being in certain events?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When I use a Kayfabe injury finish, i usually give them a vacation for however long the injury lasts because they still want to be booked.</p>

Reigns would need to be the best in all categories to turn it around and even then...depending on the personality he still might not do well with the pressure. After all it's supposed to simulate real life, where WWE put Reigns in a position that he wasn't suitable with and put some big pressure on him over night, depite other peope overshadowing him.

Long story short...I would drop him as a figurehead and keep that position empty, until I've build up someone to fit the role

Yeah, it seems like there's no way to have a figurehead in a company like WWE when there are too many factors that will have other wrestlers being better than others in one particular trait/skill. To have one wrestler be the best in nearly all skills at a company with nearly 80+ wrestlers to be a figurehead seems a bit too much to ask.

What does being sister companies with someone mean? What are the benefits?

I suppose the benefits are subjective.

According to the Dev Journal, they are rare and don't happen organically and can't be broken

They mean you always have a positive relationship with them apparently. Presumably you can trade workers

Is there a way to block storyline progress in a match?

For example, twice now I've had a storyline advance during a pre-show match where only a single member of the match is a Major worker (Some random Pre-Show 2v2 I ran to give them all experience, and only the one worker is even involved in the storyline). I know you can force advance, and end, but I don't see anything to ensure no storyline it advanced.

It'd be nice since I use pre-shows to give low experience workers that didn't fit into the event/show some match time. Frustrating when a big storyline is advanced for no reason.

How long should I be keeping people with Cold and Chilly etc momentum off of TV, on average, before it gets back to neutral?

Does sporadic appearances reset the drift back to neutral?

Really looking to see when it becomes more than 6 months? In which case it makes more sense to just release them and pick them back up later

How long should I be keeping people with Cold and Chilly etc momentum off of TV, on average, before it gets back to neutral?

Really looking to see when it becomes more than 6 months? In which case it makes more sense to just release them and pick them back up later

If you're taking them off TV it's worth a gimmick change or a turn, to see if it can kickstart a bit of momentum.

You're supposed to keep them off tv? Well **** me I've been trying to feed them wins to get their momentum up too.

If you're taking them off TV it's worth a gimmick change or a turn, to see if it can kickstart a bit of momentum.

Will a gimmick change effect momentum? I knew about turning but didn't know gimmick changes did too!

You're supposed to keep them off tv? Well **** me I've been trying to feed them wins to get their momentum up too.

Yea but if someone's mo gets too low those wins aren't super effective.

Due to my product I get penalised for having "les than four matches with different aims". I can't seem to get my head around this for some reason; do I need to have less than four match types across an entire show, or do I need to have at least that many types?

Not "match types". Match aims is what you're looking for. You have to add them manually with the "Road Agent Notes" while booking a match.

Match Aims such as "High Spot", "Mayhem", "Car Crash", "Steal the Show", "Epic", "Story Telling", etc.

If your product penalizes you for having less than 4, you need 4 or more different aims for matches on any A-show or event

Work/Calm/Lift the crowd do not count towards the count.

I can't seem to find where to read how a show is rated. Opening the product tab teaches me how segments and matches are rated. But i don't know where to find how the overall show is rated. I remember that for some products were like 80% of the main event rating + 20% of the overall rating of the other segments. And so on.