TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Not Contracted to Wrestle on 'B' Shows ...

Something funny happened to me on the way to the forums:

While playing (patch 1.28), there is a Manager who is not contracted to wrestle on 'B' shows. My memory from playing 2016 being foggy, I thought he would just not show up for the 'B' show (I seem to remember that was the way it worked in earlier version).

So, booking my 'B' show he kept popping up as a choice for Road Agent (set to 'Role'). I kept having to replace his name in booking, for fear of having a match with no road agent.

But then, he showed up ringside (as a Manager to another Worker) for an angle that I felt was safe enough to book his client.

So does he do Angles on a 'B' show? Why would he ever ask to not wrestle a 'B' show if he is retired anyway? He's not going to wrestle my 'A' shows, either. Or Events. Automatically.

Thanks, again. :)

"Holding Back" All the Time

My workers are "holding back" during all the matches I've booked today (first day playing).

The match aim is "Regular" (or various). I expected them to be "holding back" during the Storytelling aimed matches, not during "Regular", Technical Masterwork, Eye Candy, etc.

Product is Entertainment over Wrestling with a 20:80 split, but has no penalty for any sort of match aim. (Performance Art)

Where the match is held makes no difference (ring and cinemtatic), they are holding back. :confused::confused:

My workers are "holding back" during all the matches I've booked today (first day playing).

The match aim is "Regular" (or various). I expected them to be "holding back" during the Storytelling aimed matches, not during "Regular", Technical Masterwork, Eye Candy, etc.

Product is Entertainment over Wrestling with a 20:80 split, but has no penalty for any sort of match aim. (Performance Art)

Where the match is held makes no difference (ring and cinemtatic), they are holding back. :confused::confused:

Are they on TV? Most wrestlers will hold back for TV matches and only give it everything for events.

Is it possible to edit a workers Face/Heel status within the in game editor? I hired a tag team and assumed they'd both be faces due to previous games but turns out one defaulted to heel.

If they haven't appeared on your shows yet, you can turn them with no penalty before they debut. If they've already debuted -- nope. They are what they are until you manually change 'em.

Is it possible to edit a workers Face/Heel status within the in game editor? I hired a tag team and assumed they'd both be faces due to previous games but turns out one defaulted to heel.

If you need to turn one but don’t want to cop the penalty for too soon, turn the penalty off in preferences, turn the worker, turn the penalty back on.

I just had a quick question, so how exactly does the "National Icon" criteria work? When I looked at the database editor, it says a worker must achieve 90 in an entire game area. That's an entire country, right?

In my saved game, I have a few workers that have achieved 90 popularity in the USA but I do not see any progress towards their Hall of Immortals achievement that would indicate National Icon status.

For example, some like Chad Gable and Bray Wyatt are right at 90 or so, but not 94-95 the way Randy Orton or AJ Styles in my save game is, so maybe it's the game rounding up?

So I've only JUST realised that this game always books your shows in the one location. Previous versions used to automatically move you from area to area.

Why the change?

Just BUMPing this because I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere I've missed... Zero mentioned Home Area or something?

I made (and staffed) a Child Company on Day 1 (Jan.1st). It is now Wed week 3 and they have yet to hire anyone. Do I need to tell them to get started? And how?

Thanks!

If you have them set to receive developmental talent then you will have to hire all the roster yourself. If it is just a child company with no developmental then the AI will do the hiring

Just BUMPing this because I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere I've missed... Zero mentioned Home Area or something?

I never have a home arena, but it still just chooses my home region to book shows in everytime. I don't know why the change, but I assume its to make it easier on smaller companies with TV who still want to be mostly in their home region. This way they don't have to go through and change back to their "default" area for every show.

hello bhoys & ghirls!

i wanted to create the NWA Back For The Attack special event to take place on the first day of my gameplay (january the first of 2021 in my case) as a one time special event. this is how it looks in the editor:

https://imgur.com/EXAEMZL

but, as soon as i start the game the NWA sets the event dormant before it even happend.

what have i done wrong? or is there something special i have to take care of when coming to special events?

thank you in advance! :)

Is there any difference between running a show vs event on a particular day?

Right now i'm running 2 events per month in main company. What would be the difference if I ran 2 tv shows instead? or 2 tv shows and 1 monthly event, etc? My child company's run 5 events per week. Would 4 tv shows and 1 event be different in any way?

Thanks

Is there any difference between running a show vs event on a particular day?

Right now i'm running 2 events per month in main company. What would be the difference if I ran 2 tv shows instead? or 2 tv shows and 1 monthly event, etc? My child company's run 5 events per week. Would 4 tv shows and 1 event be different in any way?

Thanks

Events are big shows. They're designed to be PPVs (if you're big enough to have a child company). They run in bigger buildings, draw bigger crowds, etc... But they diminish in value the more you have in a month.

TV shows work like TV shows. They get smaller ratings than an event, smaller crowds, smaller revenue, but they don't risk burning out your audience.

I never have a home arena, but it still just chooses my home region to book shows in everytime. I don't know why the change, but I assume its to make it easier on smaller companies with TV who still want to be mostly in their home region. This way they don't have to go through and change back to their "default" area for every show.

Ahhh, well that's a terrible change then, means I'm only ever going to book shows in my home region.

I guess it makes no real difference in-game, seeing as I still have coverage everywhere.