AAA appreciation thread: "where are they now"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected with the real life women's revolution/evolution that AAA would make the leap to at least Cult in the CVerse. Little gutted that's not the case.

I think people are way overreacting to what essentially amounts to Shimmer/Shine closing. Nobody would say that today women's wrestling isn't on the rise because those companies closed when WWE has basically expanded their rosters from like 6 girls to like 50 girls ROH adding a division, AEW adding a division. We've gone from Tori and Trish bra and panties matches to 200 girls working actively and there are more slots then there are talent to fill them.

C-Verse isn't quite to that point. But as we go forward ACPW is likely to grow as talent gets culled from CWA. Europe's EWA is basically going to be carried by their young core, and I would be shocked if they don't drag that company to medium by sheer force of will. CZCW hired a core of quality young talent. Which means they're going to produce workrate girls. The story Adam seems to be telling is, as Women gain credibility, women's only feds are overstressed as their talent gets sniped. QAW will likely either close or become a developmental brand for USPW soon. And the only all women's fed left will be 5SSW. And that's fine. If you want to play AAA ACPW and 5SSW still exist. QAW's Lucha product is not finding a home. Things grow, and they change. But I will concede that Closing NOTBW had a domino effect of unanticipated consequences. That company can't survive as is. It has to gut it's roster and slim down, or it bleeds out like it does in 18mos in all my watcher games. But the one thing I'm sure of. As long as Victoria breaths. That company will have killer women on it.

CZCW hired a core of quality young talent. Which means they're going to produce workrate girls.

I was playing a CZCW save. The fed is in a really good place, with lots of talent, but women... aren't exactly contributing much. Maybe they all just rolled low, but so far none of them have advanced to the actual card. The men there are just a lot better. Kira Lee might have the most potential, but they all still needs years or experience first.

As some of you know I have a lot of attention for female workers, to the point where it becomes positive discrimination (which isn't ok, but it's a game so whatever). One of my TEW 'rules' is that I take what is there and go with it, instead of immediately molding the promotion to my image. So this was a tad bit disappointing to me. But after I inevitagbly brought in ex-AAA workers the level increased and I was able to make a COTT women's belt, bringing QAW in to support it.

@lavelleuk: That sounds like a fun mod. Definitely like some of the ideas.

@Remi: oops, fixed it.

@lavelleuk: That sounds like a fun mod. Definitely like some of the ideas.

@Remi: oops, fixed it.

When I see you post about womens wrestling in TEW and especially AAA I always think youd appreciate the direction I'm heading in, even if you don't play the mod we both know the women needed more attention lol

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47833" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think people are way overreacting to what essentially amounts to Shimmer/Shine closing. Nobody would say that today women's wrestling isn't on the rise because those companies closed when WWE has basically expanded their rosters from like 6 girls to like 50 girls ROH adding a division, AEW adding a division. We've gone from Tori and Trish bra and panties matches to 200 girls working actively and there are more slots then there are talent to fill them. <p> </p><p> </p><p> C-Verse isn't quite to that point. But as we go forward ACPW is likely to grow as talent gets culled from CWA. Europe's EWA is basically going to be carried by their young core, and I would be shocked if they don't drag that company to medium by sheer force of will. CZCW hired a core of quality young talent. Which means they're going to produce workrate girls. The story Adam seems to be telling is, as Women gain credibility, women's only feds are overstressed as their talent gets sniped. QAW will likely either close or become a developmental brand for USPW soon. And the only all women's fed left will be 5SSW. And that's fine. If you want to play AAA ACPW and 5SSW still exist. QAW's Lucha product is not finding a home. Things grow, and they change. But I will concede that Closing NOTBW had a domino effect of unanticipated consequences. That company can't survive as is. It has to gut it's roster and slim down, or it bleeds out like it does in 18mos in all my watcher games. But the one thing I'm sure of. As long as Victoria breaths. That company will have killer women on it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know what you're talking about. In every game I play, QAW does pretty well.</p>

Europe's EWA is basically going to be carried by their young core, and I would be shocked if they don't drag that company to medium by sheer force of will.

I can see where you're getting this. EWA in my game is only progressing due to Karen Bilous, Viper, Maisie, Gypsy Rose, and Thea Davis who are at 'well known' or higher (thanks to me). Karen, Thea, and Viper are more popular than the owner/booker, by quite a large margin. But I do see they're starting to smarten up a little. Karen vs Maisie main evented Berlin Brawl and produced the highest match rating (60) the company has seen since Karen beat Viper in the semi-main of Madness in Munich in February. I'm so used to the AI being box of rocks stupid with regard to booking women's divisions, I didn't even notice the main event thing until I just looked. They would've been royally screwed if I had put my B show on Fridays though (as that's where Karen, Viper, Maisie, Blair, and Cassie hold court as the European Union).

• 1 year later...
  • Blackman changed the title to AAA appreciation thread: "where are they now"