[Beta Release] Risky Business(January 1985)

Prime Time Wrestling began in January 1985 on USA Network. Also WWF was on TBS at this time in 6:05 time slot. Seeing what one poster posted you might want to boost. WWF revenue from Broadcasting from 10% to 50% Because the company will be bleeding money like crazy. Yes WWF I think also had All-American Wrestling on USA as well. So yep five TV shows they have running at the start of 1985. Plus deals with Prism, MSG, and NESN to show live house shows.

All South Wrestling if I remember correctly was to replicate Championship Wrestling From Georgia which aired on Saturday mornings. This was Ole Anderson's promotion that Crockett bought. Combining them to start the game is good idea.

All South Wrestling is Championship Wrestling from Georgia if I recall correctly.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that UWF Japan has no events and a fixed schedule, so in my save, they have never run an event and are about to go out of business.

I am about 7 months in and a ton of companies are in debt and about to go out of business, including WCCW, WWC, WWF, and several more.

I am having a great time booking JCP even though my ace and champ Ric Flair decided to go on a hiatus. Thanks for all of your work on this!

Prime Time Wrestling began in January 1985 on USA Network. Also WWF was on TBS at this time in 6:05 time slot. Seeing what one poster posted you might want to boost. WWF revenue from Broadcasting from 10% to 50% Because the company will be bleeding money like crazy. Yes WWF I think also had All-American Wrestling on USA as well. So yep five TV shows they have running at the start of 1985. Plus deals with Prism, MSG, and NESN to show live house shows.

All South Wrestling if I remember correctly was to replicate Championship Wrestling From Georgia which aired on Saturday mornings. This was Ole Anderson's promotion that Crockett bought. Combining them to start the game is good idea.

All South Wrestling is Championship Wrestling from Georgia if I recall correctly.

Lots of good info! Thanks Alv! I'll go through the data again at some point to check it out.

I noticed that UWF Japan has no events and a fixed schedule, so in my save, they have never run an event and are about to go out of business.

I am about 9 months in and a ton of companies are in debt and about to go out of business, including WCCW, WWC, WWF, and several more.

I am having a great time booking JCP even though my ace and champ Ric Flair decided to go on a hiatus. Thanks for all of your work on this!

I made the mistake of making all promotions have a fixed schedule. I'll be correcting that for the next release.

Lots of good info! Thanks Alv! I'll go through the data again at some point to check it out.

I made the mistake of making all promotions have a fixed schedule. I'll be correcting that for the next release.

I'm sure you're aware already but the AI will not create events at the start if there's already a few set. So WWF will be stuck with 1 event forever. Whilst the AI created schedules will be full.

Do historic mods, such as this one, play better,, the same, or worse than they did on TEW 2016? (They played really badly on 2016)

I feel like they play better. It took numerous test runs before I got things where I wanted them however. Booking is a bit better but if you are expecting everything to be logical(Hulk Hogan more often than not as ended up being a great Tag Team Wrestler) it will be disappointing.

My bad, somehow I read that as going back to the ones with empty schedules. Don't know how I managed that.

It's cool! Sorry if I seemed snippy in my reply. It's no excuse but my insomnia has been worse than usual so I've been a tad bit grumpy.

I'm off work this weekend so I'm going to try and tackle schedules

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the 1980s, the WWF had several Saturday Night Main Event specials on NBC (and two specials in 1984/85 on MTV). and in many cases, the specials were used as a way to gain exposure and help with buys for an upcoming PPV. It is believed that the March 1987 SNME where Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant wrestled in a battle royal played a huge part in the massive buys and success for Wrestlemania 3.

My question is if this is reflected in TEW 2020 and would it work in this mod to do both NBC specials and PPVs? Or does having TV specials hurt potential buyrates? Does it make more sense to turn SNME into PPVs and just pretend it is on NBC? I know this isn't exactly the spot to ask this, but this would be a potential issue when playing this mod.

Also wishing you the best Jaysin and take all the time you need to work through your personal issues. I've been there and you need to look after yourself.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SpiceDawg" data-cite="SpiceDawg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48200" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the 1980s, the WWF had several Saturday Night Main Event specials on NBC (and two specials in 1984/85 on MTV). and in many cases, the specials were used as a way to gain exposure and help with buys for an upcoming PPV. It is believed that the March 1987 SNME where Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant wrestled in a battle royal played a huge part in the massive buys and success for Wrestlemania 3. <p> </p><p> My question is if this is reflected in TEW 2020 and would it work in this mod to do both NBC specials and PPVs? Or does having TV specials hurt potential buyrates? Does it make more sense to turn SNME into PPVs and just pretend it is on NBC? I know this isn't exactly the spot to ask this, but this would be a potential issue when playing this mod. </p><p> </p><p> Also wishing you the best Jaysin and take all the time you need to work through your personal issues. I've been there and you need to look after yourself.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> SNME works fine as a PPV when Human owner. The computer AI doesnt know how to handle it however and would put every PPV on NBC and it would allow the company to grow extremely quickly.</p><p> </p><p> This Mod starts in January of 1985. The First SNME didnt happen until May of 1985 so its replicated as it was.</p><p> </p><p> MTV could be replicated as a 2 month contract I suppose since the final MTV special happened in February of 1985.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RyanAnthony" data-cite="RyanAnthony" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48200" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am new to this I downloaded the Mod but I can't find the Pic folders, do I need to download that from somewhere else?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't released a pic pack yet, but the ngo folder should have 90% of the pics.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48200" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's top right<p> <a href="https://www.homeofprowrestling.com/tew-1/tew-2016/graphics" rel="external nofollow">https://www.homeofprowrestling.com/tew-1/tew-2016/graphics</a></p></div></blockquote>

SNME works fine as a PPV when Human owner. The computer AI doesnt know how to handle it however and would put every PPV on NBC and it would allow the company to grow extremely quickly.

This Mod starts in January of 1985. The First SNME didnt happen until May of 1985 so its replicated as it was.

MTV could be replicated as a 2 month contract I suppose since the final MTV special happened in February of 1985.

As long as you can keep it "fair" and not abuse it, you could always set NBC to a WWF-owned broadcaster. Then, you could air SNME on actual TV on 1 show deals. I was doing that with TBS and Clash of the Champions with WCW.

Just checking in on this again, and sorry to learn about the recent issues. Hopefully you'll bounce back and we can all enjoy your further work on this mod.

BTW:

That is tricky! If you assumed the steroid users, it would like limit the fun factor quite a bit. Would you want to play as 1985 WWF if Hulk Hogan, Ken Patera, and a few others were constantly being suspended? Personally, I liked the toned down version of drugs in the game. Only the major users that were actually suspended or admitted to using having the lowest drug abuse problem within the attributes.

Creating steroids as a big issue within that time period just makes things less fun IMO. Heavy users just have constant issues within the game.

WWF didn't really have any drug tests prior to the arrest of Iron Sheik and Jim Duggan in '87 (I think it was either in May or June of that year). Duggan was hit with DUI and pot possession, and Sheik got hit with those and possession of cocaine. Vince fired them both mostly for the (relatively minor) bad publicity it caused (and maybe for breaking kayfabe, although even at that time Vince didn't care much for it). Then they implemented drug testing. But it was minor, and really only targeted to substances like coke and such, not steroids.

Steroid testing didn't become a thing in WWF until Dr. Zahorian got busted and the feds came after Vince. Heck, the fact that Vince had Zahorian on the payroll, and the steroid trial documents point at Zahorian distributing 'roids makes it more likely that the settings for WWF in the '80s really should be:

Drug Policy: None (change by mid '87)

Backstage rules:

No Smoking

Dress Code Enforced

Catering Provided

Transport is Organized

Hotels Organized

Hotels Paid For

Vince notoriously hates smoking. He fired guys (like Adrian Adonis) for dress code violations. Cornette mentioned Vince's idea of catering (that was provided at events) is unseasoned grilled chicken, plain rice, etc. Jerry Jarrett mentioned one of the things he did for Vince was cut the hotel costs.