Give Me Rules For A Game - Re-Rebooted

A couple of rules if you want even more !

So you like random, I hear ?: Bring back the 24/7 title. For every show (including NXT if you were to also book it as a separate brand), have a randomizer pick someone in your roster (with the inclusion of "Local Jobber", "Local Legend" for both genders in the list). Whoever is drawn must either win the title or have a segment with the current champion.

I set Fyre to the Raine: Have Alba Fyre and Ava Raine team up in the next two years and win the Women Tag Title.

The end of an experiment... and the debut of another ?: Pick one of the workers and/or teams and/or stable that never really got popular enough with the fans, and fire them, only to replace them with people who will have exactly the same gimmick apart from the name. So, for instance, fire the Viking Raiders or whatever they're called these days, and replace them with Odinson, another guy with a viking-ish gimmick, and Max the Impaler because I couldn't think of anyone else to replace Valhalla.

You should always pay the Piper: Have Piper Niven feud with Ronda Rousey and absolutely demolish Ronda until Piper is an obvious candidate for a solo title run.

OnlyFans friendly: Any woman who was either fired or wouldn't be hired IRL because they have done that kind of photoshoots is now your next target whenever you'll want to hire a woman for your roster. At least one of them must be turned into a Star.

Gimmick, gimmicks everywhere: Save for the big 4, every PPV must have a gimmick that CAN'T be just "There will be a couple of matches with a specific gimmick to go with the name, despite no reasons being given". So no "Hell in a Cell" PPV, for instance, but you could have one like Cyber Sunday or King of the Ring, etc. Obviously you can keep the current gimmick PPVs if you want to.

All roads lead to Rome: Turn Mike Rome into a manager, and have one of his client get a long title run (midcard and tag team works, but not 24/7).

If I close my eyes it never happened: Have Maxxine Dupri get back together with Ma.cé and Mån.sôör, and give them storylines to work with.

A new emperor is crowned: Roman Reigns can't win a World title for the next 3 years, unless he's first gone through a 6 months losing streak to cool him off. He can however win all his feuds for the next 3 years, as long as it isn't always the Main Event.

Ginger Snap 2: Electric Boogaloo: Have a stable with only redheads in it, that has to have the OG "Ginger Snap" in it (so Becky Lynch and Sami Zayn).

Mixed Match Challenge Season 3 confirmed !: Bring back the MMC, and find a kayfabe reason for the big names like Lesnar, Reigns, etc to also be part of it.

5 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

OnlyFans friendly: Any woman who was either fired or wouldn't be hired IRL because they have done that kind of photoshoots is now your next target whenever you'll want to hire a woman for your roster. At least one of them must be turned into a Star.

Making some notes for myself in my spreadsheet about some of the rules I wanna use, this one included, but I need some help with names. I know Mandy Rose is one and she's the top of the list, but who else? Anyone got any ideas? :)

23 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

Restarting a game I tried to do a while back. I actually mentioned it in this thread, but never got a response.

I'm doing a custom company in the CVerse. The product is Comic Book Light with a strict face/heel divide and integrated wrestling. I'm starting with Tiny size and $50,000 in the bank. The UC is a custom non-wrestler with good entertainment skills. I think I'm going to start right away with a short TV show and may or may not also do events.

21 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

Great Lakes. I don't have a specific roster in mind, more criteria. They need to have decent Charisma and a good look. Entertainment skills help, but they're not 100% necessary. And if I can think of fun gimmicks for them, that's obvious a huge plus. I do have a short list of people I'm definitely looking at.

Aldous Blackfriar
Fro Sure
Garry The Entertainer
Joffy Laine
Xavi Ferrera
Young & Wasted (maybe as singles competitors at first, not sure if I'll have a proper tag division)
Zippy Deverell
I've also got a few custom wrestlers that I'm almost certainly going to sign, including one with a vampire gimmick and one who's Santa Claus.

Anybody have any suggestions for this after all?

23 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

Restarting a game I tried to do a while back. I actually mentioned it in this thread, but never got a response.

I'm doing a custom company in the CVerse. The product is Comic Book Light with a strict face/heel divide and integrated wrestling. I'm starting with Tiny size and $50,000 in the bank. The UC is a custom non-wrestler with good entertainment skills. I think I'm going to start right away with a short TV show and may or may not also do events.

What is The UC?

7 minutes ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

I'm going to assume you mean "What does UC mean?" because I already explained who it is. UC means User Character, as in the person who you're playing as.

Ah I got you. So these are candidates to be your User Character.

Well you could go with Garry the Entertainer, Read his background and liked the Monkey in his Picture. The monkey can be his side kick, meeting with Garry's opponents making stipulations and instigating on Garry's behalf. You can have the opponent, or who ever the Monkey is talking to, understand and take the monkey serious even though the monkey is speaking in monkey talk. They could also not take the monkey serious and question Garry's sanity for talking back and forth with a monkey.

IDK if the UC will be owner or not but, Zippy Deverell can be "Son of the Mystery Owner." He goes around doing what he wants getting what ever he wants like a spoiled brat. Sometimes he goes too far and his "Mysterious Father" has to punish him a bit or make something more fair than Zippy wanted..

1 hour ago, chm39 said:

Ah I got you. So these are candidates to be your User Character.

Well you could go with Garry the Entertainer, Read his background and liked the Monkey in his Picture. The monkey can be his side kick, meeting with Garry's opponents making stipulations and instigating on Garry's behalf. You can have the opponent, or who ever the Monkey is talking to, understand and take the monkey serious even though the monkey is speaking in monkey talk. They could also not take the monkey serious and question Garry's sanity for talking back and forth with a monkey.

IDK if the UC will be owner or not but, Zippy Deverell can be "Son of the Mystery Owner." He goes around doing what he wants getting what ever he wants like a spoiled brat. Sometimes he goes too far and his "Mysterious Father" has to punish him a bit or make something more fair than Zippy wanted..

Not trying to be rude, since I do appreciate you trying to help. But this is the "give me rules" thread, not the "booking committee" thread.

11 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

Making some notes for myself in my spreadsheet about some of the rules I wanna use, this one included, but I need some help with names. I know Mandy Rose is one and she's the top of the list, but who else? Anyone got any ideas? :)

Having helped out a friend who wanted to do a Burlesque-ish company before giving up, which made me think out of the rule, here are the names I can remember finding out about: Mandy Rose (as you said), Steph De Lander, Solo Darling, Jordynne Grace, Katie Forbes, Kiera Hogan, Paige VanZant, Taya Valkyrie, Deonna Purrazzo, Charli Evans, Rachael Ellering and Allysin Kay. Also I think on the non-wrestler side there's So Cal Val and Melissa Santos, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Sorry I can't help more, I can't find the list we found online again, I think it was either deleted or made private on reddit.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, awesomenessofme1 said:

Great Lakes. I don't have a specific roster in mind, more criteria. They need to have decent Charisma and a good look. Entertainment skills help, but they're not 100% necessary. And if I can think of fun gimmicks for them, that's obvious a huge plus. I do have a short list of people I'm definitely looking at.

Aldous Blackfriar
Fro Sure
Garry The Entertainer
Joffy Laine
Xavi Ferrera
Young & Wasted (maybe as singles competitors at first, not sure if I'll have a proper tag division)
Zippy Deverell
I've also got a few custom wrestlers that I'm almost certainly going to sign, including one with a vampire gimmick and one who's Santa Claus.

The No Joke

Your first champion must not have an overly comedic style gimmick, even playing more of a straight man style focus and hold the title for the better half of the year. (Think Batman playing an overly serious character  when  compared to The Joker, can be face or heel)

ZENVasian

You must create a stable consisting of talent hired from ZEN. Including convincing them to come across. It must consist of at least three members and debut within the first year. 

Old Dogs

Within the first year you must give the tag-team titles to a pair of wrestlers over 38 years old. They don't have to hold the titles for a set period of time. (If you run a division.)  

Santa's Gift

For the first 2 years Santa can not win a title but must win every match he is in... Except any title match, or number one contender match. If he losses a number one contender match, his opponent should go on to win the title. 

No Fly-Zone

No hiring small luchadors/high fliers for the first six months of the company. 

Now that the new RWC has dropped I've selected nine rules from the three posts above to start with - I'm sure I'll add more of the rules as the game progresses.

Currently in negotiations/on shortlist: Mandy Rose, Steph De Lander, Jordynne Grace, Kiara Hogan, Paige VanZant, Taya Valkyrie, Deonna Purazzo, Charlie Evans, Rachael Ellering. These will take priority when I'm signing women, unless they are on written deals at that time. The only exception is the "Stars and Stardom" rule below.

Mixed Match Challenge Season 3 confirmed !: Bring back the MMC, and find a kayfabe reason for the big names like Lesnar, Reigns, etc to also be part of it.
Planning on implementing this at the end of 2023 where the winners will either receive a title shot at the Royal Rumble for at title of their choosing, or enter at #30 in their respective Rumbles (not yet decided which I'm going with). They will also receive a bonus of 500,000 dollars each.

Sasha's dream: Raise the popularity and prestige of the Women's tag team titles significantly.
Plan is to try and raise the prestige up to 50 to start with (from starting level 33) by adding more female teams and making it a focal point of the women's division (sans the Women's title). One idea I have is to have The Way (Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell) win it early on in the save and defending it weekly in various open challenges until a worthy team opposes. Also a good way for me to try different teams.

Stars and Stardom: Sign a major Japanese women's wrestler: At least one, but no more than two of (Giulia, Suzu Suzuki, Mayu Iwatani, KAIRI, Starlight Kid, Utami Hayashishta). Exactly one of the following: (Miyu Yamashita, Shoko Nakajima, Yuka Sazaki) At least one must hold a title within a year of their main roster debut.
Currently in negotiations with KAIRI. Waiting out the contracts of Giulia and Yuka Sazaki as the other two. The others will not join my roster. Would've loved to have Mayu Iwatani but since she's Stardom true born I can't get her on an exclusive deal which is sort of a pet peeve of mine. Giulia will be pushed to the moon upon arrival and will win a title within a year of her debut.

Everybody needs friends: A former male World Champion who has never held WWE tag team titles must partner with a wrestler no higher than recognizable and win the tag titles. This storyline cannot end with either worker turning on each other. Also, the two cannot be part of a faction.
This one was tough but I narrowed it down to Bobby Lashley and Jinder Mahal as the former male World Champion. I settled for Jinder Mahal since he's someone I usually fire immediately when I do WWE saves, will be interesting to see if I can do something with him this time. Since he's lower on the card I've decided to pair him up with someone Unimportant, but haven't decided who yet.

We Run This Show: Create a babyface faction that has never existed in any other iteration. (Aka no Hurt Business. Well, you can, but it doesn't count for this goal.) They must hold at least two titles concurrently at some point.
Plan is for AJ Styles to move on from the OC (Anderson & Gallows might not be long in the company) and create another stable with wrestlers who haven't really broken through yet. Current plan for members includes, but not limited to, Dijak and Tegan Nox.

Here Comes The Money: Shane McMahon must return to the roster and have a match with a (Major) Star at the next WrestleMania. Whether you continue using him after that is your choice.
He is currently injured for 7 months, 2 weeks so it will be touch and go for Wrestlemania, but if he's healthy I plan on using him.

RrrrrrUTHLESS!!: You must rehire a former Intercontinental, United States, or RAW Tag Team Champion who still wrestles and keep them on the main roster for the whole save.
I actually went for two options here, Matt Cardona (Zack Ryder) and John Morrison. We'll see if both stick around post-retirement, but one of them definitely will.

Riddle Me That: If Riddle is not at exactly 55 overness throughout the US (56 or 54 in a single region do not count) by the last day you can re-sign him, you have to let him go.
I've never liked Riddle so this gives me a great excuse to let him go... in 2 years when his contract expires.

I'll check back in when I've played a few months to see where we've gone with these rules and if I've added more of your great suggestions.

Edited by PaperMachete

5 hours ago, HiPlus said:

The No Joke

Your first champion must not have an overly comedic style gimmick, even playing more of a straight man style focus and hold the title for the better half of the year. (Think Batman playing an overly serious character  when  compared to The Joker, can be face or heel)

ZENVasian

You must create a stable consisting of talent hired from ZEN. Including convincing them to come across. It must consist of at least three members and debut within the first year. 

Old Dogs

Within the first year you must give the tag-team titles to a pair of wrestlers over 38 years old. They don't have to hold the titles for a set period of time. (If you run a division.)  

Santa's Gift

For the first 2 years Santa can not win a title but must win every match he is in... Except any title match, or number one contender match. If he losses a number one contender match, his opponent should go on to win the title. 

No Fly-Zone

No hiring small luchadors/high fliers for the first six months of the company. 

I like all of these except for the ZEN one, since I just find it totally unrealistic, even if the game allows you to. Eventually maybe. The one thing I'd like to clarify is what exactly the last one means. Is it something like "Lightweight or lower and has a style of Luchador, High Flyer, Technician Flyer, or Daredevil"?

Hello guys ! I'd like to start a save in the alternate CVerse, never played it, and I would like some rules. Basically on any company, sell me your favourite one ;)

My only demand is that it's not a top 3 company as I want to climb a bit.

Edited by jakaryus

On 8/6/2023 at 6:28 AM, awesomenessofme1 said:

I like all of these except for the ZEN one, since I just find it totally unrealistic, even if the game allows you to. Eventually maybe. The one thing I'd like to clarify is what exactly the last one means. Is it something like "Lightweight or lower and has a style of Luchador, High Flyer, Technician Flyer, or Daredevil"?

That's fair re. ZEN, I just see them as the premier comic book style guys. 

And yeah I worded the last one poorly but the parameters you outlined sound perfect. Just keeping small meek guys off the roster for the first six months. 

20 minutes ago, jakaryus said:

Some rules for a custom company in 2013 please? (real world) it's currently small with 40 popularity across the US and with 100.000$

I'm not good at thinking of catchy names, but one rule that can be used in pretty much any RW game where you play a custom company is "no signing WWE alumni for the first year after they leave".

What's your product, by the way? Would probably help a bit.

1 hour ago, Shooltra said:

Can I have some rules for RSW ( Rockstar Wrestling ) in the Alt Cverse 2022, please? I like the company but I feel I always start to hire some big names and I feel I lose the identity with that so some restrain would be nice :)

-It's who you know: You can only hire wrestlers from a medium sized or above company if they've been a colleague of someone already on your roster. That means you have big access to the American big three with Doc Hammond, Lobster Warrior and James Justice, but really not much else other than ZEN (Willow). If someone is released you can look into them but no early megapushes since they're not "proven" in the eyes of Bruce and Faith. 

-Where the big boys play: Drake Young can be the only male wrestler in the company under middleweight size to win a title. If you make a cruiserweight division it can only be a brief undercard attraction rather than a star-making vehicle. 

-Let's make this last: Lobster, Scott and Money are the only wrestlers over 40 in your starting roster who can win the world title. You need to build the guys that will make money when the current guys are broken and retired. High-profile signings from other companies can come in and win the title but think how it will look when they bury your homegrown stars!

-I wanna rock: Pick 3 PPV's alongside all or nothing. Maybe choose by favorite song considering the PPV names. Those shows need to feature an (at least) C-list celebrity, a special stage (you decide how much you want to spend), and a major band performance. This is what sets you apart, the spectacle, the rock and roll! 

-Million Dollar Belt: Whoever holds the Million Dollar Belt at the end of a given year, gets the bonus 1 million dollar prize in real life. 

Stay In Budget: Obviously, with poaching stars, having special show expenses and being 1 million down every year, there's going to be some measures that need to be taken: At any point no one on the roster can make more money than Rich Money's starting (or current if he gets a raise) salary. 

Edited by AboardTheArk

1 hour ago, AboardTheArk said:

-It's who you know: You can only hire wrestlers from a medium sized or above company if they've been a colleague of someone already on your roster. That means you have big access to the American big three with Doc Hammond, Lobster Warrior and James Justice, but really not much else other than ZEN (Willow). If someone is released you can look into them but no early megapushes since they're not "proven" in the eyes of Bruce and Faith. 

-Where the big boys play: Drake Young can be the only male wrestler in the company under middleweight size to win a title. If you make a cruiserweight division it can only be a brief undercard attraction rather than a star-making vehicle. 

-Let's make this last: Lobster, Scott and Money are the only wrestlers over 40 in your starting roster who can win the world title. You need to build the guys that will make money when the current guys are broken and retired. High-profile signings from other companies can come in and win the title but think how it will look when they bury your homegrown stars!

-I wanna rock: Pick 3 PPV's alongside all or nothing. Maybe choose by favorite song considering the PPV names. Those shows need to feature an (at least) C-list celebrity, a special stage (you decide how much you want to spend), and a major band performance. This is what sets you apart, the spectacle, the rock and roll! 

-Million Dollar Belt: Whoever holds the Million Dollar Belt at the end of a given year, gets the bonus 1 million dollar prize in real life. 

Stay In Budget: Obviously, with poaching stars, having special show expenses and being 1 million down every year, there's going to be some measures that need to be taken: At any point no one on the roster can make more money than Rich Money's starting (or current if he gets a raise) salary. 

Thanks a lot for all of these. Much appreciated :)

15 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

I'm not good at thinking of catchy names, but one rule that can be used in pretty much any RW game where you play a custom company is "no signing WWE alumni for the first year after they leave".

What's your product, by the way? Would probably help a bit.

Thanks :) can't remember the exact name but it's the same product as AEW, the wrestling nirvana for nerds

10 hours ago, Shooltra said:

Sorry to be a bother again but it would be nice if I could have rules for a modern-day MLW save as well 😅

Let's see what I can do:

An Old Family Heirloom: Raise the prestige of the Opera Cup.

Anti-Trust: Sign your world champions to long-term contracts.

Fusion: You must have different aims for each match on your weekly TV shows.

It's about time: Sign a TV deal and keep it consistent as much as possible.

Featherweights: Build your women's division, and main event a PPV with a Featherweight title match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidKnightDreary said:

Let's see what I can do:

An Old Family Heirloom: Raise the prestige of the Opera Cup.

Anti-Trust: Sign your world champions to long-term contracts.

Fusion: You must have different aims for each match on your weekly TV shows.

It's about time: Sign a TV deal and keep it consistent as much as possible.

Featherweights: Build your women's division, and main event a PPV with a Featherweight title match.

Thanks a lot. Very long-term. It's going to be hard as they are Tiny for now but looking forward to building a strong women's division and making the most out of Nick Kane ( and hopefully Hammerstone and Fatu ) :)

51 minutes ago, Shooltra said:

Thanks a lot. Very long-term. It's going to be hard as they are Tiny for now but looking forward to building a strong women's division and making the most out of Nick Kane ( and hopefully Hammerstone and Fatu ) :)

Yeah! I also meant "don't put the world title on someone unless they are signed"