Give Me Rules For A Game - Re-Rebooted

• 2 months later...

Thinking of starting a 1992 WWF save. Give me some rules for realistic signings. For example, I think it would be unrealistic to go into Canada and sign guys like Jericho and Edge in 1992. I doubt the WWF or WCW had any idea those guys existed in 1992. So how should I go about realistically signing workers. What rules? I was thinking of a few like this...

1) Anybody who has wrestles for an American company with a TV deal. Any wrestler in those companies could be seen on TV, and their existence would be widely known, and it would be easy to get a good scouting report on them.

2) Anyone with a personal relationship with someone in the WWF. For example, blood relatives, friends, etc.

3) Anyone that my creative team recommends.

4) Maybe allow myself to look at the results of an Indy event once every six months or so and pick a wrestler from that event to sign. This  would simulate scouting...maybe one of my road agents was at the event to see if there was any decent talent.

5) Anybody who works for a medium sized or bigger foreign company.

Any other ideas?

19 hours ago, StatboyVT said:

Thinking of starting a 1992 WWF save. Give me some rules for realistic signings. For example, I think it would be unrealistic to go into Canada and sign guys like Jericho and Edge in 1992. I doubt the WWF or WCW had any idea those guys existed in 1992. So how should I go about realistically signing workers. What rules? I was thinking of a few like this...

1) Anybody who has wrestles for an American company with a TV deal. Any wrestler in those companies could be seen on TV, and their existence would be widely known, and it would be easy to get a good scouting report on them.

2) Anyone with a personal relationship with someone in the WWF. For example, blood relatives, friends, etc.

4) Maybe allow myself to look at the results of an Indy event once every six months or so and pick a wrestler from that event to sign. This  would simulate scouting...maybe one of my road agents was at the event to see if there was any decent talent.

Any other ideas?

Anyone you coincidentally used in the "Local Worker" list while doing a TV show?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 5:05 PM, StatboyVT said:

Any other ideas?

One or two big name stars in other countries e.g. WWF hired Konnan around this time who was basically Hulk Hogan levels of popularity in Mexico, would be realistic as a way of Vince trying to bring fans in from that country.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 5:07 PM, DoubleJ96 said:

Rules for TCW default database

• No More Smiles: at some point during the first year of the save, turn Tana The Mighty turn and make him a monster heel, also feature him in at least one singles match main event of a PPV.

• Trained To Be Here: at some point during the first three years of the save, call up a worker with a developmental contract from MAW (or other related company) and make him/her win a singles title.

• Swan Song: as his career is now nearing its end, have Troy Tornado finally win the TCW World Heavyweight championship for the first time, either as a babyface or a heel.

• Deal With Forgotten Toys: sign no more than one free agent per year released/not signed by USPW or SWF.
Edited by Wrestling Machine

23 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:
  • No More Smiles: at some point during the first year of the save, turn Tana The Mighty turn and make him a monster heel, also feature him in at least one singles match main event of a PPV.

• Trained To Be Here: at some point during the first three years of the save, call up a worker with a developmental contract from MAW (or other related company) and make him/her win a singles title.

• Swan Song: as his career is now nearing its end, have Troy Tornado finally win the TCW World Heavyweight championship for the first time, either as a babyface or a heel.

• Deal With Forgotten Toys: sign no more than one free agent per year released/not signed by USPW or SWF.

thank you mate 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never again, you hear me ?!: Due to the recent scandals that might turn even worse for the company's reputation, your new owners do not want to ever hear about a scandal ever again, and want you to act fast and decisively at the smallest hint of it. As such, do not hire anyone caught in a scandal, and fire those who will get caught instantly. (As a bonus point, you can do that with IRL stuff as well, but you don't have to)

I could have sworn I left it there: Bring back the 24/7 title, and make it an alliance title. For each show you book, have a segment (either angle or match) between the current champion and someone you'll draw from a randomizer containing every member of your roster (or at least the brand for that show), as well as two wildcards ("Local Worker" and "Local Legend", aka a worker from the region you picked that is free that night, with the choice being yours): if you don't intend for the random worker to win the title, you don't have to force it, unless it's either the Local Worker or Local Legend. In that case, they have to not only win the 24/7 title but get a one year contract.

Don't be greedy: A worker can't hold more than one title at a time: if someone has two, they must either defend both at each PPV until they lose one (if one solo title and one tag title), vacate the one with less importance (if they've won a main title and a midcard one), or combine them (if they're at the same level of importance and you don't want two midcard or two main titles).

You're not ready: Workers from NXT can only go for a solo (or, in the case of tag teams, tag) career in the main roster if they've won the top title of their division at least once. However, if they go up to join a tag team/a stable, they can do so without restrictions.

Mixed Match Challenge: Bring back the Mixed Match Challenge, drawing 16 random people from each division and pairing them as you wish. The winners of the tournament get a title shot of their choice at the Royal Rumble.

You already have one: Champions are banned from participating in the Royal Rumble match, even if they're just tag, 24/7 or NXT champions.

NXT Worldwide: Every year in January, hire the best under 30yo worker from each nationality (one for each) to a one year contract in NXT. You can skip countries if you want, but must still hire at least 10 people, not counting the US, Mexico and Japan (unless there is simply not enough workers to do so).

I'm not a part-time lover: Workers can only work full-time (even if they can be off screen), so you can't have someone showing up for 3 months then go back to their other job until it's Wrestlemania. In other words, The Rock, John Cena, or even Logan Paul and Brock Lesnar (if you don't fire them) can't just do the big PPVs and never have regular weekly matches.

Fighting champs: Each title must be defended at least once a month, either on PPV or weekly shows, and preshows do not count. However, having Roman Reigns defend in a one-minute squash against a local jobber is fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Never again, you hear me ?!: Due to the recent scandals that might turn even worse for the company's reputation, your new owners do not want to ever hear about a scandal ever again, and want you to act fast and decisively at the smallest hint of it. As such, do not hire anyone caught in a scandal, and fire those who will get caught instantly. (As a bonus point, you can do that with IRL stuff as well, but you don't have to)

I could have sworn I left it there: Bring back the 24/7 title, and make it an alliance title. For each show you book, have a segment (either angle or match) between the current champion and someone you'll draw from a randomizer containing every member of your roster (or at least the brand for that show), as well as two wildcards ("Local Worker" and "Local Legend", aka a worker from the region you picked that is free that night, with the choice being yours): if you don't intend for the random worker to win the title, you don't have to force it, unless it's either the Local Worker or Local Legend. In that case, they have to not only win the 24/7 title but get a one year contract.

Don't be greedy: A worker can't hold more than one title at a time: if someone has two, they must either defend both at each PPV until they lose one (if one solo title and one tag title), vacate the one with less importance (if they've won a main title and a midcard one), or combine them (if they're at the same level of importance and you don't want two midcard or two main titles).

You're not ready: Workers from NXT can only go for a solo (or, in the case of tag teams, tag) career in the main roster if they've won the top title of their division at least once. However, if they go up to join a tag team/a stable, they can do so without restrictions.

Mixed Match Challenge: Bring back the Mixed Match Challenge, drawing 16 random people from each division and pairing them as you wish. The winners of the tournament get a title shot of their choice at the Royal Rumble.

You already have one: Champions are banned from participating in the Royal Rumble match, even if they're just tag, 24/7 or NXT champions.

NXT Worldwide: Every year in January, hire the best under 30yo worker from each nationality (one for each) to a one year contract in NXT. You can skip countries if you want, but must still hire at least 10 people, not counting the US, Mexico and Japan (unless there is simply not enough workers to do so).

I'm not a part-time lover: Workers can only work full-time (even if they can be off screen), so you can't have someone showing up for 3 months then go back to their other job until it's Wrestlemania. In other words, The Rock, John Cena, or even Logan Paul and Brock Lesnar (if you don't fire them) can't just do the big PPVs and never have regular weekly matches.

Fighting champs: Each title must be defended at least once a month, either on PPV or weekly shows, and preshows do not count. However, having Roman Reigns defend in a one-minute squash against a local jobber is fine.

These are terrific! Thank you!!

I did a save with the DiabloX database about a year ago with SSE (Basically just super smash bros - the company) and I really enjoyed it, got it to 99 popularity in most regions. I lost interest because I ended up importing other workers into the database, hiring them and kind of messing the whole thing up. Granted, it was honestly really fun hyper-pushing Cody from 0 popularity to world champ in 8 months by going full Codyverse mode, increasingly insane entrances and everything (I remember writing down that he makes his entrance fighting off an army of Shadow the Hedgehog clones and still losing) but eventually I started to get bored, hiring people I didn't really want to use just because they were popular, too many actual wrestlers, etc. I want to give the concept another go, but I want outside rules to maybe keep things in line and for some extra challenge. For reference, the imported workers were mostly people who weren't in the original mod and most F1 drivers that I made for a personal database

• 1 month later...

I like it like that: Unless you have a very specific need for a storyline that can't be filled by anyone in your current roster, you can't sign anyone without firing/letting go of someone else in the same division/role. You can't borrow someone from another company either, unless they hold an alliance title.

You're still here ?!: Anyone you haven't used in a year because you had nothing for them must be sent to other companies for at least 6 months, in the hope they'll get some momentum there.

Out with the old, in with the new: Except for tag teams, nobody over 55 can still have regular solo matches, and you're not allowed to hire anyone over 50 as an active solo wrestler. However, you can still hire anyone (following the "I like it like that" rule, obviously) if they're there to be a worker's manager or tag team partner.

Which one ?: You can't have multiple people with the same first or last names as on-screen characters: you have to pick one, and rebrand the other(s) with a new gimmick or let them go... including different spellings for the same name, with the exception being if they are of different genders. In other words, you can have Billie Starks and Billy Gunn, or Toni Storm and Tony Schiavone, but you can't have Tony Schiavone and Tony Nese nor John Silver and Jon Moxley. I'll let you imagine the despair of having Adam Copeland, Adam Cole and Adam Page at the same time.

The Karen rule: Solo wrestlers with less than ideal Mic Skills must be paired with a manager if you want to use them in storylines. Whether that manager has multiple clients, or focus on only one is up to you.

Spin the wheel, make the deal ?: Every 6 months, draw a random worker from your roster. You then decide whether they can be in a title chase or not: if they can, you have 3 months to make them the contender; if not, you have 3 months to come up with a storyline to take them off screen... and of your roster (although you can of course simply fire them on the spot).