More Positives About TEW 2020

<p>So now that somebody closed the thread for feedback...*sigh*...I wanted to offer some positive praise in the test game I'm playing.</p><p> </p><p>

*Negotiations now feel like they're not just zombie-like, not clockwork, as workers will demand things. For instance, Edge wouldn't sign for 3,100 a month because he felt like he needed 6,000 a month. And this is a positive worker! God forbid I ever have to negotiate with Randy Orton...</p><p> </p><p>

*Having the bottom bar set to workers is literally so useful. And it's an area I can use my mouse wheel! Being able to type in different workers and quickly sign people is a lot quicker than in past TEWs. </p><p> </p><p>

*Talent trading looks a lot better in this TEW as well. Say I want to borrow NJPW's team of Kanemoto and Liger. In TEW2016, I'd have to put in 2 requests. In this game, you can straight up request the team, which really saves you time and effort.</p><p> </p><p>

*A little thing - Events and TV screens have been consolidated. I love this setting, as having them separate made no sense anyway. </p><p> </p><p>

Overall, the deeper I get, the better this game is. Yeah, some of the things gone make no sense, but look, the truth is, Adam put out a game that's different, yes, but is deeper than any installment ever before.</p>

Right!

I love that we can actually talk to workers now.

I love that House Shows are actually a thing again and that they matter.

I love that we can tape a show a few weeks in advance now.

I love the depth of merchandise options and revenue streams.

I love setting ticket prices.

I haven't tried it yet, but I love the idea of being able to run as a child company.

There is a lot to like about this game.

I love the fact you can ask workers to consider working in your game area (though it's perhaps a tad overpowered), retire, or take up backstage roles.

I also love love love the new gimmick mechanic!

And the products (though I'd love to be able to edit them).

I also love the ability to offer non-exclusive written contracts. No more "I demand a payrise!" after every show.

Also, now that I'm used to it, the new booking screen and road agent notes window. <3 So quick to book a show now.

I love the new booking. Very very streamlined!

That bottom bar is SO good. Dont think I can go back to the old 16 ui now that I've gotten to speed with the 2020 bottom bar.

The fact that you can have multiple webites is so small but so dope.

I want to mess around with the 'age up/down' features more but the rest of the mod suite is really powerful and intuitive.

The higher money demand during negotiations is cool. You'll notice that if you lower Edge's contract to a year instead of 3 he'll probably accept the 3100. It prevents guys from getting locked into decade long contracts for 3k a month, which is something I definitely abused in the past. Very cool that they've been programmed to see through that skeezy tactic now.

I'm a big fan of the new layout, for the most part. I love having the bottom bar constantly available.

Global search? Yes! Being able to search for a word and having it search almost every part of a workers data is excellent.

Booking screen seemed a little overwhelming when first opening it up, but now that I've found my way around it, it's great.

Having the stats and popularity of the workers easily visible is a step in the right direction.

Totally agree! I love the tour option in the game. I don't quite know if I'm able to mass add tour dates because every time I try, nothing happens. Maybe a mistake on my end. Still love the fact I can book a show for NJPW & not need to throw a crazy main event onto the show so I don't lose pop on night 4 of a 10 night tour! Plus the talent trade is wonderful! So many great new additions.

Also really loving the game. Switching on strict pre booking for TV and events has really forced me to plan ahead and hooked me in to developing my shows / story lines in a way TEW2016 didn't.

Once i changed the skin to reduce the harshness of the UI, I've loved every second of playing.

So after spending some time with the game getting the October 2019 database to work correctly. Heres a few things I have enjoyed about the next game.

non-exclusive written contracts: Yes! before you either had to have people like Jericho and Moxley on with verbal contracts to work both AEW and NJPW or only have them signed to one deal. Having Jericho and Moxley under an AEW written deal, while also under contract for "events only" for NJPW is much closer to the real-life circumstances.

Tournaments big fan of these being added to the game and being able to track them. It was always a pain having to track these outsides of the game. Especially with round-robin tournaments such as the G1 or the old Bound for Glory series, the best thing to happen in TNA during the hogan era, so happy its in the game.

Ticket pricing and wages The adjustable ticking pricing give you so much more control of income when running a small promotion, and the wages seem much more realistic. Always sound it stupid in the old game how even a jobber on a small indy show would be on $200, so good improvement. Seems to be much easier to run a profitable company at a small level now.

It really took me a hot minute to get on board with TEW2020 but I can absolutely say I am on board now. It took four days of small blimps of playing and using the "Simplified" skin. I can say now that this certainly is a better game than TEW2016 in terms of gameplay overall, simply because of the depth. It goes further than TEW2016 in a lot of ways but you have to be willing to learn this new system to find out about it.

I'm not afraid to admit that I read the book by its cover and dismissed it. I was wrong. This game is fun and has a ton to offer. I do think that the buttons need to be fixed so it isn't a jumbled mess, some things could be condensed into other screens, etc. I've never complained about clicks when it comes to TEW... if anything, I've always bought silent mice with no sound when you click. It's a text-based simulator, you are expected to click a ton.

Ultimately what helped me the most was playing TEW2016 and TEW2020 right next to each other on my dual-screens. I would do something on TEW2016 and do the same thing on TEW2020 and vice versa. Some things are better on each but the one thing that kept sticking out: the depth of TEW2020 compared to older versions. It truly is a step above any other TEW released to this point. I know people have their gripes here and there, which most are good gripes to point out but I think if people give this a really good chance, they'll see it for what it really is: a fun game. :)

I have been switching between playing 2020 and 2016 a lot, and I’m beginning to really appreciate what 2020 brings to the table over 2016 the more I play around on it.

There is a lot of little things and touches in 2020 that are getting me excited. I don’t know how I’m going to stay patient and put off getting into a long term save until full release day but I guess i can keep familiarising myself with things.

The gameplay is definitely gonna be a lot of fun in 2020. TEW is legit the only game where I get that inner child excitement feeling over a new game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48272" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like how you can see how other companies are doing financially.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When testing mods, this is an unbelievably helpful addition. Removes an entire dynamic of trial and error that previous versions had to figure out the financial issues affecting a company before you could even try to stabilize financials for individual companies.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48272" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When testing mods, this is an unbelievably helpful addition. Removes an entire dynamic of trial and error that previous versions had to figure out the financial issues affecting a company before you could even try to stabilize financials for individual companies.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, for me, I'm a softy, so if I know a company is struggling, I'll join COTT or whatever and invite them or otherwise try to strike up a relationship so I can float them money, but every now and then, a company will go bankrupt and I had no idea. This makes it a lot easier for me.</p>