Battle Royals are nearly unplayable

From today's patch notes, under the fixed glitches section:

"The booking analysis screen would bring up over-use penalties for workers in battle royals without taking into account the limited in-ring time they'd have"

So that was not intentional.

Nice! Just hope we can get the selection screen sorted out soon now

Yea in my post a few above. Didn't really notice a big difference with or without overuse penalties. .

Ah, that was on the new patch, ok. So much to read on the forums, I'm overlooking things. Hopefully, it's a tweaked thing down the road. Maybe Adam can add emphasis on those you list as winner, runner-up and final four.

Is there any statistical difference between classic battle royals and Royal Rumble style matches? There has never been a good battle royal in the history of pro wrestling and no one can say anything to convince me otherwise.

In game I don't think it makes any difference. The Prestige rating is purely cosmetic so a 30 man generic battle royal and a 30 man rumble style probably aren't going to have vastly different ratings under similar circumstances. .

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any statistical difference between classic battle royals and Royal Rumble style matches? There has never been a good battle royal in the history of pro wrestling and no one can say anything to convince me otherwise.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But there have been plenty that have helped careers, sold out arenas, sold PPV's based on them, and were the most watched segment (even if the worse wrestling was in it).</p><p> </p><p> That's the problem when simulating some things. The sheer amount of Star Power is what sells a match like that. If it doesn't make headlines in the game, than it's still not being realistic, so just avoid using them. It would look totally silly giving an A or even a B grade on a horrible match, but in real life it's having the same effect as if it's an A or B match.. so maybe the game should weigh those types of matches different to reflect real life?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The timed entrances could have an effect.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> not from what I can tell. all those tests barring the last one were just generic battle royals and there wasn't much variance in the grades they produced compared to the one that was rumble style. .</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Edit: Just ran another Rumble Style Battle Royal with every big name I had on the roster minus Golden and Remo on TV and it scored a 78 which is like a solid B in letter grade. . If it were on PPV I would image it could've been even better. . So I think it's safe to say you can pull a sold grade outta the match. .</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bull" data-cite="Bull" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>not from what I can tell. all those tests barring the last one were just generic battle royals and there wasn't much variance in the grades they produced compared to the one that was rumble style. .<p> </p><p> </p><p> Edit: Just ran another Rumble Style Battle Royal with every big name I had on the roster minus Golden and Remo on TV and it scored a 78 which is like a solid B in letter grade. . If it were on PPV I would image it could've been even better. . So I think it's safe to say you can pull a sold grade outta the match. .</p></div></blockquote><p> Definitely sounds better. What happens if you throw in some low cards?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Definitely sounds better. What happens if you throw in some low cards?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> there were like 6 or 7 guys who were just recognizable in the match 6 Stars 1 major star, everyone else was well known</p><p> </p><p> edit: gonna run another one on ppv and see what I get</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> OK ran it on PPV </p><p> </p><p> 2 Major Stars (No Rocky Golden)</p><p> 5 Stars</p><p> 11 Well known</p><p> 12 unimportant</p><p> </p><p> and I still got a 77 with almost half the field being workers no one cared about</p>

Good to know it works

I like the patch fix makes them more viable to me know, minor question though what about match length penalties? I assume Battle Royals are still affected by this and thus penalized by default (as most are over 10 minutes ) in most products that still causes some issues if one wanted to say book a rumble good luck with that doing anything decent if anyone wants to test what I’m saying book a rumble in USPW tell me what happens as they have a over ten minutes penalty I found from testing