Battle Royals are nearly unplayable

<p>I've posted about this before but I'm not sure if they're being seen or not. My apologies if they are and all I'm doing is spamming, but it's really difficult to use/book and needs some fixes. The two issues I'm seeing are.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Longer battle royals and royal rumbles get massive penalties for worker overuse. I tried booking one and basically everyone got overusage warnings. This doesn't make sense because basically nobody is going to last the full match, especially not the jobbers who were just in there as filler</p><p> </p><p>

2. Putting the match together is really, really rough. Its hard to get the right people, especially larger battle royals, in the match since the selection screen doesn't do anything to filter out who is already in. Trying to book a 30 man rumble was really frustrating. Even with trying to use the perception menu to break things up a little I still had problems with missing people or trying to add someone who was already in there. On top of that, to see if I missed anyone I wanted in the match I had to open a completely different match screen to see who wasn't booked yet.</p><p> </p><p>

Overall, this match type is nearly too frustrating to even try to use right now, which is a problem since it's a very popular match type. I really hope this gets fixed soon because I really like rumbles/royals and want to book some but don't think it's worth the hassle right now</p>

Booking this always seemed like it would be a nightmare to me so I only ever tried like 15 minutes at a time in the 2016 version. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure overuse was already a downside to booking these.

It wasn't, I used to do rumbles and battle royals pretty often and I never got penalties as opposed to now when every single person in the match gets one. It's insane

I usually kept my Battle Royals around 30 minutes in TEW2016 to avoid the overuse problem. It is way harder now than it was, though, and indeed, the interface is again not helping in any way. The game needs a way better system to filter workers and navigate the roster. I'm not necessarily saying I want to go back to how it was in TEW2016 but there was a lot there that worked way easier than this. Hell, TEW2013 was easier than this too.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PPuppet" data-cite="PPuppet" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I usually kept my Battle Royals around 30 minutes in TEW2016 to avoid the overuse problem. It is way harder now than it was, though, and indeed, the interface is again not helping in any way. The game needs a way better system to filter workers and navigate the roster. I'm not necessarily saying I want to go back to how it was in TEW2016 but there was a lot there that worked way easier than this. Hell, TEW2013 was easier than this too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, the overuse issues are mostly with Rumbles which aren't going any less than an hour.</p>

Quick Question for Rumbles and other Elimination Match types

This might sound a little strange and off topic at first but why can't we have a higher road agent limit especially for matches like this, in 16 for example we only had ten as our limit, meaning most booked a battle royal like:

Winner:

Match Style (I usually used Storytelling, myself)

Open Match

Decisive (Or Tainted)

Ironman

Final Elimination

Final Four

Final Four

Most Eliminations

If you use those 8 tags to book a battle royal you have at best 2 tags to decide Interferences, Stunt or Crazy Bumps, Distractions, Botched Interferences, Etcetera Etcetera.

If road agent tags were hypothetically increased to say 15 at least, we could add a more tags to further tweak these matches

As for the Battle Royals themselves (and other elimination matches), why not add a feature that a wrestler is say very low overness for said match he won't be penalizing the whole show for being used too much, as he made it no where close to the final four and was only in the ring up to his maximum time or as little as his minimum, and thus he was only on screen for say 6 minutes. I feel this would make battle royals a lot more viable for other players.

This might sound a little strange and off topic at first but why can't we have a higher road agent limit especially for matches like this, in 16 for example we only had ten as our limit, meaning most booked a battle royal like:

Winner:

Open Match

Decisive (Or Tainted)

Ironman

Final Elimination

Final Four

Final Four

Most Eliminations

If you use those 8 tags to book a battle royal you have at best 2 tags to decide Interferences, Stunt or Crazy Bumps, Distractions, Botched Interferences, Etcetera Etcetera.

If road agent tags were hypothetically increased to say 15 at least, we could add a more tags to further tweak these matches

As for the Battle Royals themselves (and other elimination matches), why not add a feature that a wrestler is say very low overness for said match he won't be penalizing the whole show for being used too much, as he made it no where close to the final four and was only in the ring up to his maximum time or as little as his minimum, and thus he was only on screen for say 6 minutes. I feel this would make battle royals a lot more viable for other players.

Personally I would love this. For a while I've been thinking about how cool it would be to be able to pick things out like entrance order, elimination order, time in match, etc for matches where that matters.Obviously it would be optional but it would be so much fun to be able to dive deep into matches like these

Right now I'll just settle for getting Battle Royals and Royal Rumbles to be back to being playable like they were in past games but I'll probably push for it closer to the next games release

Winner:

Open Match

Decisive (Or Tainted)

Ironman

Final Elimination

Final Four

Final Four

Most Eliminations

I can't confirm it right now in the game, but i'm pretty sure there are no more limit about the number of road agent note you can use.

EDIT: I checked, yes there is no limit, i just added more than twenty people at ringside.

What really?

I can't confirm it right now in the game, but i'm pretty sure there are no more limit about the number of road agent note you can use.

EDIT: I checked, yes there is no limit, i just added more than twenty people at ringside.

Holy crap that's awesome, must have missed it in the development journal :D

In that case I suppose I simply suggest the "protection" for lesser workers in Battle Royals

I've posted about this before but I'm not sure if they're being seen or not. My apologies if they are and all I'm doing is spamming, but it's really difficult to use/book and needs some fixes. The two issues I'm seeing are.

1. Longer battle royals and royal rumbles get massive penalties for worker overuse. I tried booking one and basically everyone got overusage warnings. This doesn't make sense because basically nobody is going to last the full match, especially not the jobbers who were just in there as filler

2. Putting the match together is really, really rough. Its hard to get the right people, especially larger battle royals, in the match since the selection screen doesn't do anything to filter out who is already in. Trying to book a 30 man rumble was really frustrating. Even with trying to use the perception menu to break things up a little I still had problems with missing people or trying to add someone who was already in there. On top of that, to see if I missed anyone I wanted in the match I had to open a completely different match screen to see who wasn't booked yet.

Overall, this match type is nearly too frustrating to even try to use right now, which is a problem since it's a very popular match type. I really hope this gets fixed soon because I really like rumbles/royals and want to book some but don't think it's worth the hassle right now

1) I agree with that. But I feel like it's always been that way? (or maybe it's just me, idk), but to that point I turn off overuse warnings anyways when I play historical mods.

2) Yes, definitely loosing the feature where a name doesn't get removed from your roster screen when adding participants really sucks, and I hope get's added back in. It's similar to creating tournaments where adding/removing people gets a little tricky.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does marking someone as "Limited involvement" in RA notes exempt them from overuse penalties?</div></blockquote><p> If it was only a few people then yeah, that would work. It's nearly everyone who gets the penalties in Rumbles though</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did some more testing with battle royals. It's impossible to fill the bottom of the match with jobbers if it's going over 10 minutes because the crowd hates it even though the jobbers aren't going over 10 minutes into the match.<p> </p><p> Just, like yeah. This is a problem.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To be fair, the rumble haven’t been great since that one time in the 90’s. Just reading twitter during the rumble, people are more interested in the surprises and the finish. No one care about the actual match and people complained when the rumble had 60 people.</p><p> </p><p> It’s to the point where the finish and the surprises makes the match. If any of the two are a disappointment, the whole match gets bombed on...So a “going on too long” penalty does make since especially if you’re using jobbers instead of popular people the crowd wants to see. Imagine wanting CM Punk but you’re given The Brooklyn Brawler...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did some more testing with battle royals. It's impossible to fill the bottom of the match with jobbers if it's going over 10 minutes because the crowd hates it even though the jobbers aren't going over 10 minutes into the match.<p> </p><p> Just, like yeah. This is a problem.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Indicating jobbers were there but didn't really do anything seems like exactly what "Limited Involvement" is for.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Indicating jobbers were there but didn't really do anything seems like exactly what "Limited Involvement" is for.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It'd be interesting to see a segment comparison of the same battle royal, 1 with jobbers set as limited involvement compared to the other set up the original way it was run. Anyone in a position to test that?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48304" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To be fair, the rumble haven’t been great since that one time in the 90’s. Just reading twitter during the rumble, people are more interested in the surprises and the finish. No one care about the actual match and people complained when the rumble had 60 people.<p> </p><p> It’s to the point where the finish and the surprises makes the match. If any of the two are a disappointment, the whole match gets bombed on...So a “going on too long” penalty does make since especially if you’re using jobbers instead of popular people the crowd wants to see. Imagine wanting CM Punk but you’re given The Brooklyn Brawler...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Right now I'm not even talking about the Royal Rumble specifically though. Im talking about the normal battle royals where jobbers exist and are expected in those. So arguing that there should be penalites in those types of battle royals makes no sense</p><p> </p><p> And even if they're in Rumbles, someone with 10 popularity probably isn't getting a 45 minutes ironman run. They're likely somewhere from being Santino'd to getting tossed by a big player soon after. So having penalties for even putting them in the match sucks because they're likely not doing anything for long enough that penalties for overuse should happen. Also like I've been saying, nearly everyone gets pentalties in normal length rumbles, which makes 0 sense and makes it nearly impossible to run</p>

Right now I'm not even talking about the Royal Rumble specifically though. Im talking about the normal battle royals where jobbers exist and are expected in those. So arguing that there should be penalites in those types of battle royals makes no sense

And even if they're in Rumbles, someone with 10 popularity probably isn't getting a 45 minutes ironman run. They're likely somewhere from being Santino'd to getting tossed by a big player soon after. So having penalties for even putting them in the match sucks because they're likely not doing anything for long enough that penalties for overuse should happen

But what battle royal lasting over 10 minutes that’s featuring jobbers that isn’t on the lower cards? Or in WWE case a preshow?

Also a unknown jobber lasting 2 seconds or a hour doesn’t really matter because at the end of the day he’s taking up a slot that could have been given to a more popular worker. This argument is literally made every year.

But what battle royal lasting over 10 minutes that’s featuring jobbers that isn’t on the lower cards? Or in WWE case a preshow?

I suppose that's fair, but there's still the way larger battle royals(40 and up) that will push that and if they're in the game the matches need to be functional. Personally I use them to keep from having a ton of people mad they aren't booked on an important show or for when a champion gets hurt. If it's going to be in the game it should be more usable than they are.

It'd be interesting to see a segment comparison of the same battle royal, 1 with jobbers set as limited involvement compared to the other set up the original way it was run. Anyone in a position to test that?

Gonna work on testing this out now and will report back. If that's what I have to do to get around penalties in just normal length BRs then while tedious that's just what I'll do

It won't fix everyone being penalized in normal length rumbles, but it'll at least be a work around for normal ones.

Gonna work on testing this out now and will report back. If that's what I have to do to get around penalties in just normal length BRs then while tedious that's just what I'll do

It won't fix everyone being penalized in normal length rumbles, but it'll at least be a work around for normal ones.

Checked it out and it really didn't matter match. Listing as limited involvement didn't change anything and all the penalties for just existing in the match still showed up

So I've run a few battle royal's in an SWF save and here are the results.

Pre Show 20 minute and 20 man match with Steven Parker wining all worker were Recognizable or lower Rating: 56 didn't notice any overuse penalties

Main Show PPV 30 man and I think around 18 or 20 minutes with Joey Morgan winning and one of only 2 workers at Well known everyone else was lower Rating: 72

Pre Show 20 man don't remember how long this one was but Joey Morgan won and was the only worker Well known everyone else was lower Rating: 63

Main Show TV 25 man and 15 minutes Primus Allen won and was one of 3 well knowns everyone else was below Rating: 58

Finally Main Show TV 30 Man Rumble Style 56 minutes(the minimum for the match) Ranger won and every worker was Recognizable or lower Rating: 59 Edit: I meant that there were overuse penalties on this one copy

paste got me lol

I reran this last one 3 different times with the new patch and it got the exact same 59 rating everytime. . . so it's doesn't seem like it was a super big deal anyway. .