Booking WWE (In Need Of Tips)

Hi Guys,

So I've been playing a real world mod as WWE and am really struggling to get any sort of good match scores, I think the highest I've had has been in the 60's.

I've tried multiple storylines, match times, road agent notes and I just cant seem to get a good result, which in turn leads to the broadcasters cancelling.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has mastered this to get any good results and if so what did you do.

The product regulations on most mods for WWE are way too strict.

Angles over 6 minutes get a penalty which is unrealistic.

Matches cant be too long either.

In all there probably will need to be some tweaking in general in the products for companies. But from my experience, it always takes some time for grades to rise in TEW and 2 months is not enough to try that.

On a TEW 2016 run, after 3 years most of my big matches went from 90 to 100 with barely any effort, mena and women inclusive.

Nothing worse than a game accurately reflecting how bad WWE is now...

Why would you want to tweak anything? Book your way out of it unless there are ridiculous penalties being applied.

A 6 minute angle being considered too long for a WWE run is a ridiculous penalty for me.

Edit : Its apparently deeper than what I thought. So I guess tweaking isnt necessary. The game is just tougher which isnt a bad thing in all. Just going to be more time consuming to get used to things..

A 6 minute angle being considered too long for a WWE run is a ridiculous penalty for me.

Edit : Its apparently deeper than what I thought. So I guess tweaking isnt necessary. The game is just tougher which isnt a bad thing in all. Just going to be more time consuming to get used to things..

The game has been made more realistic and immersive from what I've been able to tell. I don't think it will be possible to play as WWE and automatically get great ratings in everything that is booked unless mod makers edit their database to make WWE outstandingly and unrealistically good. Properly made mods have the potential to be brilliant. Got a bit boring booking the Attitude Era and getting 85+ on every show guaranteed. I want it to be reflected that sometimes, even in that period, Raw and Nitro were terrible TV. I want to struggle against my opponents and not get a guaranteed win because Austin is red hot and the AI can't book for shit. I believe this game will finally be the one to get us as close as possible to the reality of wrestling which is why I am so concerned with the recent criticisms of the game. I sincerely hope Adam stays true to his vision for this game and doesn't backtrack due to an overly vocal minority.

The game has been made more realistic and immersive from what I've been able to tell. I don't think it will be possible to play as WWE and automatically get great ratings in everything that is booked unless mod makers edit their database to make WWE outstandingly and unrealistically good. Properly made mods have the potential to be brilliant. Got a bit boring booking the Attitude Era and getting 85+ on every show guaranteed. I want it to be reflected that sometimes, even in that period, Raw and Nitro were terrible TV. I want to struggle against my opponents and not get a guaranteed win because Austin is red hot and the AI can't book for shit. I believe this game will finally be the one to get us as close as possible to the reality of wrestling which is why I am so concerned with the recent criticisms of the game. I sincerely hope Adam stays true to his vision for this game and doesn't backtrack due to an overly vocal minority.

Fully agree with you, i think the game has come under so much unneeded criticism, just after tips to see if anybody found working method for a at least a few 70 rated matches.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48323" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The game has been made more realistic and immersive from what I've been able to tell. I don't think it will be possible to play as WWE and automatically get great ratings in everything that is booked unless mod makers edit their database to make WWE outstandingly and unrealistically good. Properly made mods have the potential to be brilliant. Got a bit boring booking the Attitude Era and getting 85+ on every show guaranteed. I want it to be reflected that sometimes, even in that period, Raw and Nitro were terrible TV. I want to struggle against my opponents and not get a guaranteed win because Austin is red hot and the AI can't book for shit. I believe this game will finally be the one to get us as close as possible to the reality of wrestling which is why I am so concerned with the recent criticisms of the game. I sincerely hope Adam stays true to his vision for this game and doesn't backtrack due to an overly vocal minority.</div></blockquote><p> x3. I'd hate to see a lot of the new features rolled back because people just haven't taken the time to adjust. The new game is great, just needs a few minor quality of life adjustments.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marcstephens123" data-cite="marcstephens123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48323" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fully agree with you, i think the game has come under so much unneeded criticism, just after tips to see if anybody found working method for a at least a few 70 rated matches.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's hard to say in such a small window. Two months doesn't really give ample time, like Historian said, to establish any sort of heat or build any sort of momentum. Additionally, the mods still aren't going to be in a place where they can properly utilise game mechanics because there hasn't been enough time. More patience is required from those of us who main RW mods, I'm afraid, but like I say, when the mod makers are able to get everything properly in place, I think the game and the mods will make for some brilliant gaming, so the wait is well worth it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marcstephens123" data-cite="marcstephens123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48323" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi Guys,<p> </p><p> So I've been playing a real world mod as WWE and am really struggling to get any sort of good match scores, I think the highest I've had has been in the 60's.</p><p> </p><p> I've tried multiple storylines, match times, road agent notes and I just cant seem to get a good result, which in turn leads to the broadcasters cancelling.</p><p> </p><p> Just wanted to know if anyone else has mastered this to get any good results and if so what did you do.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm in exactly this same boat. No matter whether I book AEW, WWE, NXT, ROH or even some feds in the CV!, I am getting the "a vocal crowd let (insert worker name) know that they did not like them" note for almost every worker. This includes workers whose popularity are through the roof in the real world. </p><p> </p><p> Now I know this is a limitation with the real world conversions, until we have a real fully finished mod, but I just don't think this is realistic.</p><p> </p><p> I have never been to a wrestling show, aside from WWE, who have actually given any worker a hard time because they aren't the best wrestler. I shouldn't expect for an ROH crowd to literally cr*p on everything that I book, or for an NXT audience to hate both Adam Cole and Finn Balor. </p><p> </p><p> I very much hope this is a mod issue, because I am absolutely loving this version of TEW more than I ever did 2016, but I am on the fence about buying if I am (a) this is a problem that will always be there and/or (b) I am that bad at it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48323" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The game has been made more realistic and immersive from what I've been able to tell. I don't think it will be possible to play as WWE and automatically get great ratings in everything that is booked unless mod makers edit their database to make WWE outstandingly and unrealistically good. Properly made mods have the potential to be brilliant. Got a bit boring booking the Attitude Era and getting 85+ on every show guaranteed. I want it to be reflected that sometimes, even in that period, Raw and Nitro were terrible TV. I want to struggle against my opponents and not get a guaranteed win because Austin is red hot and the AI can't book for shit. I believe this game will finally be the one to get us as close as possible to the reality of wrestling which is why I am so concerned with the recent criticisms of the game. I sincerely hope Adam stays true to his vision for this game and doesn't backtrack due to an overly vocal minority.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Problem with that is, your opponents are always putting on much better shows than you, by booking exactly the same matches that you would do. </p><p> </p><p> If they were getting the same penalties and struggling for ratings, sure. </p><p> Like for example, I just booked Chris Jericho vs PAC vs Jon Moxley for the title. It got a 59 rating. In a similar game where I was playing the opposite side, Jon Moxley vs Chris Jericho got 87. Do the crowd really hate Pac that much? Haha.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48323" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The game has been made more realistic and immersive from what I've been able to tell. I don't think it will be possible to play as WWE and automatically get great ratings in everything that is booked unless mod makers edit their database to make WWE outstandingly and unrealistically good. Properly made mods have the potential to be brilliant. Got a bit boring booking the Attitude Era and getting 85+ on every show guaranteed. I want it to be reflected that sometimes, even in that period, Raw and Nitro were terrible TV. I want to struggle against my opponents and not get a guaranteed win because Austin is red hot and the AI can't book for shit. I believe this game will finally be the one to get us as close as possible to the reality of wrestling which is why I am so concerned with the recent criticisms of the game. I sincerely hope Adam stays true to his vision for this game and doesn't backtrack due to an overly vocal minority.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Read as: "I can have my version of fun, so I hope other people can't have theirs. Even though if they could have their version of fun, it wouldn't actually affect my ability to have my fun."</p><p> </p><p> People aren't asking for the presets to be changed for <em>everyone</em>, they're asking to be able to change them <em>themselves</em>.</p><p> </p><p> If this was an online game where a change would affect everyone, you'd have a leg to stand on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TOTKingNothing" data-cite="TOTKingNothing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48323" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Read as: "I can have my version of fun, so I hope other people can't have theirs. Even though if they could have their version of fun, it wouldn't actually affect my ability to have my fun."<p> </p><p> People aren't asking for the presets to be changed for <em>everyone</em>, they're asking to be able to change them <em>themselves</em>.</p><p> </p><p> If this was an online game where a change would affect everyone, you'd have a leg to stand on.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're welcome to your interpretation, mate, or you could read it as I intended it. If the customisation of products/presets cannot be integrated without fundamentally changing the game we have currently, it should not be implemented as it would ruin it for the majority. If it can be implemented without affecting the game, then I have no problem with it being implemented. It doesn't matter to me how people play. What matters is my enjoyment and I won't tacitly agree to sweeping fundamental changes to please the few who like to tamper with the settings. Like I say, if everyone can be satisfied at the end of this, everybody wins and we all get a pleasant, enjoyable experience.</p>

I agree with the majority here that the game is actually really good and really challenging but I also find it a little harsh that that there are soo many restrictions to basically all products.

There are long matches in WWE which definitly has a fitting product in the PG Sports Entertainment type, there are matches that last 20 minutes which most people think are absolutely great, so I hope that these restrictions get a little adjusted but aside from that I think this game is really fun.

The product regulations on most mods for WWE are way too strict.

Angles over 6 minutes get a penalty which is unrealistic.

Matches cant be too long either.

In all there probably will need to be some tweaking in general in the products for companies. But from my experience, it always takes some time for grades to rise in TEW and 2 months is not enough to try that.

On a TEW 2016 run, after 3 years most of my big matches went from 90 to 100 with barely any effort, mena and women inclusive.

Have you watched the WWE in like, the last 10 years? I think it's very realistic, the average promo should be between 4 and 8 minutes it was the ONE thing TNA got absolutely right. I mean, they still sucked, but it was for the perfect length of time.

I agree with the majority here that the game is actually really good and really challenging but I also find it a little harsh that there are soo many restrictions to basically all products.

There are long matches in WWE which definitely has a fitting product in the PG Sports Entertainment type, there are matches that last 20 minutes which most people think are absolutely great, so I hope that these restrictions get a little adjusted but aside from that, I think this game is really fun.

I agree that it's restrictive. But I would also argue that this is highly realistic. Compare what people think of and say about the average long Rollins or Zayn match vs what people think of the average Sabre Jr. match. All three of those guys are equally great, but the WWE style hurts them greatly.

Have you watched the WWE in like, the last 10 years? I think it's very realistic, the average promo should be between 4 and 8 minutes it was the ONE thing TNA got absolutely right. I mean, they still sucked, but it was for the perfect length of time.

i disagree, a bunch of hot angles from wwe run from like 10-15 minutes - like the rusev/lashley/lana stuff. as well as matches, wwe in 2020 has a plethora of 20+ minute matches that are great.

Going back and doing some digging through past Nitros/Raws for my own mod, it seems pretty realistic. I mean even in 1999 and such crowds would really only pop for midcarders if they are associated with a hot act( Rock, Foley, etc.) and today's WWE isn't that hot of a product and I think adjusting from TEW 2016 to TEW 2020 as heard here is huge. There is a large spike in difficulty which is welcomed and I'd say pretty up to par with how modern WWE is received. But i enjoy the newest iteration I'd say, TEW 2016 felt really easy at times, in the beginning after a while as well and adjusting to the new spike in difficulty has been both challenging and pretty fun to figure and tweak stuff.

I'm in exactly this same boat. No matter whether I book AEW, WWE, NXT, ROH or even some feds in the CV!, I am getting the "a vocal crowd let (insert worker name) know that they did not like them" note for almost every worker. This includes workers whose popularity are through the roof in the real world.

Now I know this is a limitation with the real world conversions, until we have a real fully finished mod, but I just don't think this is realistic.

I have never been to a wrestling show, aside from WWE, who have actually given any worker a hard time because they aren't the best wrestler. I shouldn't expect for an ROH crowd to literally cr*p on everything that I book, or for an NXT audience to hate both Adam Cole and Finn Balor.

I very much hope this is a mod issue, because I am absolutely loving this version of TEW more than I ever did 2016, but I am on the fence about buying if I am (a) this is a problem that will always be there and/or (b) I am that bad at it

Are you using patch 9 or later?

It wasn’t working well in the early versions, but the threshold was meant to have been altered by patch 9 so such reactions wouldn’t be as frequent.