The business side of things is too easy

<p>At least for larger companies, the business side of the game is too easy. Sure, big companies should generally be financially successful, but when you make more than a million each month with a company that is classified as medium (TCW) and the wrestling industry at only 7% (economy at 50%) it takes the challenge out of the game. There is too little incentive to manage a budget.</p><p> </p><p>

industry / economy effects should be MUCH harsher, and revenue streams should be nerfed dramatically.</p><p> </p><p>

A few more reasons why finances are WAY too easy:</p><p> </p><p>

iPPV / Broadcasting: <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546481" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546481</a></p><p>

Wage demands: <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546735" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546735</a></p><p>

No need to pay for travel: <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546699" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546699</a></p>

You’ve played one company and have small contracts because TCW isn’t that big at the start.

Why not wait until later when you have more information

He’s saying that he’s having financial success as TCW.

Misc cost should scale with size. It’s interesting to see if it’s actually doing so and if it does, how much?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48402" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He’s saying that he’s having financial success as TCW.<p> </p><p> </p><p> Misc cost should scale with size. It’s interesting to see if it’s actually doing so and if it does, how much?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Misc costs do scale with size, they always have (I believe). The bigger you are, the more miscellaneous costs you have.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48402" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Misc costs do scale with size, they always have (I believe). The bigger you are, the more miscellaneous costs you have.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea I know that but by how much. That could be why the OP think it’s easy because the lack of expenses.</p>

TCW is a fairly poor example because they start with the best merch department in the game ( at a level 9, even over USPW) and TV coverage on a Very Big station. They’re a super large company to be Medium (essentially Cult pre 2020) and high Cult level was always one of the best places to be for consistent profit.

Now if they jump up a size and get creamed in battles by USPW/SWF, their momentum will plummet as will their ticket sales. To even get in a position to compete with those two you’ll have to buy big stars away, or spend top dollar to keep your own. I can see finances for TCW getting out of hand pretty fast honestly.

Compare it to PGHW who’s a similar size but not as fortunate in terms of finances, you might be bleeding money much sooner.

He’s saying that he’s having financial success as TCW.

Misc cost should scale with size. It’s interesting to see if it’s actually doing so and if it does, how much?

And I’m saying that starts as a powerhouse of company with a relatively small roster perfectly situated for making money is not abnormal or indicative of “too easy”

The fact that he’s only making 1mil a month despite playing an established company that essentially sits at the equivalent of “Cult” in 2016 just shows that.

Especially given in the prior game when you hit Large(The equivalent of National) you would see almost a million dollar increase in monthly costs that bankrupted most companies.

Moreover 2 months is not an indication of how finances work in this game, if you want we’re immediately squeaking by with nearly no profit margin with an established giant that’s been in business for almost 25 years now the game probably would not be very fun.

Go make a custom medium size company in Australia with no history and see how the “too easy” finances go. My wager is you will not find it too easy.

The biggest companies in the US do seem to make money REALLY fast though.

In my patch 4 watcher game, with economy at 42 and rising and wrestling industry at 26 and rising in the US, over the course of 2 months, USPW made nearly $15,000,000, SWF made nearly $18,000,000, TCW made $2,000,000 or so.

TCW is a fairly poor example because they start with the best merch department in the game ( at a level 9, even over USPW) and TV coverage on a Very Big station. They’re a super large company to be Medium (essentially Cult pre 2020) and high Cult level was always one of the best places to be for consistent profit.

Now if they jump up a size and get creamed in battles by USPW/SWF, their momentum will plummet as will their ticket sales. To even get in a position to compete with those two you’ll have to buy big stars away, or spend top dollar to keep your own. I can see finances for TCW getting out of hand pretty fast honestly.

Compare it to PGHW who’s a similar size but not as fortunate in terms of finances, you might be bleeding money much sooner.

Makes sense.

I don’t play the CVerse. He mention that the company was large not medium.

In my patch 4 watcher game, with economy at 42 and rising and wrestling industry at 26 and rising in the US, over the course of 2 months, USPW made nearly $15,000,000, SWF made nearly $18,000,000, TCW made $2,000,000 or so.

Large Companies seem to make too much money and that can be addressed in a patch but it’s not really related to this.

Same with EILL I booked one show and had a 6 million dollar PPV revenue

I think PPV buys should probably be toned down , or at least more sensitive to Industry/Economy and that would probably cut it in half alone. I was shocked my TCW PPV got 2.5 million buys and they're the smallest of the big 3 by a considerable margin.

You’ve played one company and have small contracts because TCW isn’t that big at the start.

Why not wait until later when you have more information

Didn't realize you know so much about me :-) I've played several months with several companies and found the business side for every somewhat major organization to be too easy. Maybe TCW wasn't the perfect example, but what about SWF, USPW, BHOTWG, 21CW? All of them make boatloads of cash, which in itself isn't too bad and I guess somehwhat reflective of real life. But when the wrestling industry is completely in the gutter and every company still makes so much money that is a sign of finances being too easy.

Large Companies seem to make too much money and that can be addressed in a patch but it’s not really related to this.

Same with EILL I booked one show and had a 6 million dollar PPV revenue

Also, how is this not related?

Didn't realize you know so much about me :-) I've played several months with several companies and found the business side for every somewhat major organization to be too easy. Maybe TCW wasn't the perfect example, but what about SWF, USPW, BHOTWG, 21CW? All of them make boatloads of cash, which in itself isn't too bad and I guess somehwhat reflective of real life. But when the wrestling industry is completely in the gutter and every company still makes so much money that is a sign of finances being too easy.

Also, how is this not related?

You’ve played 2 months, because that’s how long the beta lasts.

As far as the other companies, I know USPW and SWF have endless pockets in EVERY TEW game, as well as BHOWTG generally has no financial issues barring something unusual which does occasionally happen.

Now the exact numbers are a bit off for the larger companies by a few million dollars but I don’t expect much to change even when it’s patched in terms of the the overall financial difficulty of these large super companies, they will still make tons of money just less.

Finally, even after it’s all normalized, theres still no world where the default companies who are hugely successful for decade are going to be facing financial problems in the first 2 months.

Maybe in 2-5 years but nothing will happen in this sample size.

Look, I respect everyone's opinion and you are free to disagree, but you are using strawmen here. I've played enough iterations of this game to know that major companies generally have no financial difficulties, and I have no problem with that. But a wrestling industry of 7% is abysmal, and making this much money (10% of the starting wealth each month) is bonkers under those circumstances.

Also, like everyone else I've played no more than 2 months, but:

1) So have you, so your guess whether this sample size is adequate is as good as mine

2) If previous games are anything to go buy, the sample size IS adequte, as profits are generally very preditcable and do not change with game time. Sure, stuff like company size, regional/national battles, wrestling industry(!), and economy matter, but given that all larger companies make too much money in a situation where external factors (namely the industry) are bad is a clear indication that the current settings may be too easy.

I agree with you Dross income should probably be toned down.. going back to 16 and looking at ppv revenue for my SWF game and it was on average around 3 million dollars per month

the one ppv I've ran in my current SWF game in 20 netted me over 17 million in PPV revenue..

The point about profits not changing with game time is just untrue but either way the point is the topic and suggestion is fine, but it would be way more helpful if you put a clear problem in the actual title instead of this vague topic header with very little elaboration.

Saying that you made 1 million with TCW in the first month and thus the game is too easy does not tell anyone anything. TEW2016 financial system is far from broken and something like that is easily achievable depending on deals, popularity amount of shows run, etc.

Instead saying that every large company makes 8 figures a month because of excessive PPV revenue is very clear and concise suggestion that the dev team can immediately look at and understand.

I agree with you Dross income should probably be toned down.. going back to 16 and looking at ppv revenue for my SWF game and it was on average around 3 million dollars per month

the one ppv I've ran in my current SWF game in 20 netted me over 17 million in PPV revenue..

I got 6 million in EILL from a throwaway event, I think with the highest importance on events you get even more.

It was said that finances are more inline with reality. The problem comes with having a ton of money with nothing to spend it on.

Misc expenses should take care some of the abscess amount of money available. Maybe the amount of misc expenses need tinkering.

<p>Making lots of money does not necessarily mean you have been successful. Not everyone is going to want to grind financially the whole game to scrape by. In fact, I would really hate that style of gameplay tbh. I'd rather the financial side be relatively easy so I can focus on fun gameplay things, instead of a 'doing your taxes' simulator.</p><p> </p><p>

This game does have a few issues right now, but this is not one of them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="johnnyhockey" data-cite="johnnyhockey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48402" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Making lots of money does not necessarily mean you have been successful. Not everyone is going to want to grind financially the whole game to scrape by. In fact, I would really hate that style of gameplay tbh. I'd rather the financial side be relatively easy so I can focus on fun gameplay things, instead of a 'doing your taxes' simulator.<p> </p><p> This game does have a few issues right now, but this is not one of them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Having financial balance isn’t equivalent to being a tax simulator...</p>

In WMMA5 I know there's a setting for making bankruptcy impossible, so you could theoretically be 5 billion dollars in the red with no penalty, but that's not exactly what I meant.

I enjoy having some financial aspects present, but if I have to grind for 5 in game years for enough money to start a child company, for example, I think that would just get very annoying, and probably just lead to people cheating money into their bank account via the editor anyways.

In WMMA5 I know there's a setting for making bankruptcy impossible, so you could theoretically be 5 billion dollars in the red with no penalty, but that's not exactly what I meant.

I enjoy having some financial aspects present, but if I have to grind for 5 in game years for enough money to start a child company, for example, I think that would just get very annoying, and probably just lead to people cheating money into their bank account via the editor anyways.

If you’re an titanic company then you shouldn’t have trouble buying a child company.

But in no way should you be able to do so at medium.