Has anyone used the 2020 converter yet? If so what are you seeing how it is bring over the data? I'm not an expert in modding but I would like to bring some of my databases that I used in 2016 over.

What are the issues that have come up if you have done this? Any advice on anything to watch out for or to make sure I do.

Thanks

It depends on the mod, but it's not something you fix in an hour or two either way.

You have to rework at least the broadcasters, popularity for companies and workers (at least include India or turn it off entirely), a lot of contract issues (which the game warns you about), and it MIGHT be playable like that. However, there's a LOT more to consider, like the new personality attributes and such, home locations for companies, the stats themselves, and much more. Not doing those things will no doubt have a negative impact on your experience.

I'll tell y'all what mod HAS translated really well for me so far.

Crayon's OVER 9000verse mod from TEW 2009.

I've been playing this mod for 11 years and making changes to it and adding new workers for a decade since Crayon stopped updating it, and damn is it working.

I need to go through some of the major companies and adjust worker attributes which seems to be the thing that is going to take the most time for any mod maker.

The gimmicks aren’t converting too well, I tried to change some in editor hoping they might come out a bit better but didn’t change anything, don’t know if I was doing something wrong or what. However it’s pretty quick and easy to change gimmicks in game and put up with the first show being a bit dodgy cos of gimmick changes (luckily I had a wwe heat show as my first show, so I put a load of guys with gimmick changes in a battle royal on the pre-show). The gimmick system seems actually really fun, IMO.

Broadcasters? No idea if they are or aren’t working. Seem to be alright in my game and I haven’t touched them in edit.

There’s new stuff in workers attributes that won’t have been added in by any mod converter. Tbh, I just played with it all, I’m only looking for a casual game to keep me going until some proper modders start bringing out stuff

I hope this helps a bit, just my experience of playing around with it.

The gimmicks aren’t converting too well, I tried to change some in editor hoping they might come out a bit better but didn’t change anything, don’t know if I was doing something wrong or what. However it’s pretty quick and easy to change gimmicks in game and put up with the first show being a bit dodgy cos of gimmick changes (luckily I had a wwe heat show as my first show, so I put a load of guys with gimmick changes in a battle royal on the pre-show). The gimmick system seems actually really fun, IMO.

Broadcasters? No idea if they are or aren’t working. Seem to be alright in my game and I haven’t touched them in edit.

There’s new stuff in workers attributes that won’t have been added in by any mod converter. Tbh, I just played with it all, I’m only looking for a casual game to keep me going until some proper modders start bringing out stuff

I hope this helps a bit, just my experience of playing around with it.

What mod did you convert and how did it play?

I'm contemplating converting a version of Genadi's Montreal Aftermath mod I've wound forward until January 1998 to play when my current C'Verse game runs out of time.

Ruthless aggression mod starting from January 2004. Mainly cos it give me a chance to get to grip with the new features and have a more casual game, whilst things are getting patched and tweaked.

And how did it play? Has anything strange happened?

I might convert that one myself actually.

My experience has been that it will give you something that is functional, but

a) It's pretty bad at translating products. A lot of the time, it gets kind of close - close enough that it will sort of work - but it's very rarely right on the money. So, translating the 2016 CVerse saw AAA get Attitude Entertainment and SWF get Classic Balanced, neither of which seems right. You'll probably need to go through and change all of the products after the conversion.

b) I think rosters are much larger in 2020, so companies set up for older versions of the game seem to go on big hiring sprees. Again, with the converted database, between USPW, SWF, and TCW all hiring, the indies got gutted. In particular, I noticed that GSW and AAA both lost almost their entire upper cards in the first two weeks or so.

<p>Uh okay. I thought that it could be a little bit hard to convert it properly. I want to continue my 2016 dynasty to 2020, because i love the own history now and i started it one year ago and i love to continue writing it here on GDS.</p><p> </p><p>

I converted it, but did not do a test run so far. Maybe it's smarter to just edit the new database and not to convert the default DB from 16 to 20.</p>