December 97 Mod - Montreal Screwjob

[B][SIZE="4"]DECEMBER 1997 -[/SIZE] [/B][center][IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/Costnaza9/screwjob_1997montreal1.jpg[/IMG][/center] This scenario is set December 1st 1997, in the aftermath of the Montreal Screwjob. This thing took me forever to do and I still didn't do most of the work, I used Grimmas's 95 scenario as a base for this so credit goes to him for his unbelievable effort. This is only version 1 so I know there are going to be plenty of mistakes, please let me know as many as you can. People,Logos and Belt Pics will be up within a day or two when I can get home to upload, for now enjoy and please let me know of the errors. [B]VERSION 2[/B] [B]DATA -[/B] [url]http://rapidshare.de/files/21997073/December97.zip.html[/url] [B]LOGOS -[/B] [url]http://rapidshare.de/files/20814450/Logos.zip.html[/url] [B]BELTS -[/B] [url]http://rapidshare.de/files/19823128/Belts.zip.html[/url] [B]PEOPLE -[/B] [url]http://rapidshare.de/files/14136613/people.rar.html[/url] For any newb Cena fans if there are any that play this game....;) [url]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwemontreal.htm[/url] Scenario Info: Start Date: December 1997 Promotions: 16 Workers: 585 Locations: 1,400 Match Types: 102 Gimmicks: 260 Teams: 91 Promotion Pacts: 9 Worker Relations: 196 New Promotions: 13 Angles: 1,964 Storylines: 124 Stables: 8 Titles: 40 Injuries: 38 TV Shows: 10 TV Networks: 121 TV Show Slots: 12 Other TV Shows: 12 Events: 53 PPV Carriers: 51 PPV Agreements: 11 ***All "Future Stars" are set as "Inactive", their debut date follows their name so when the appropriate time comes edit them to be "Active" and delete the date from their name, any questions feel free to ask***

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
97, is an awesome year wwe-wise - the talent on there roster then was extraordinary and there writing was just gaining momentum as well. May well play this as WWE, i usually go for a smaller fed but i think playing the 'e here would be great!

[QUOTE=panix04]97, is an awesome year wwe-wise - the talent on there roster then was extraordinary and there writing was just gaining momentum as well. May well play this as WWE, i usually go for a smaller fed but i think playing the 'e here would be great![/QUOTE] What? How can you not try and save WCW? I think I might play this one just to keep WCW on the map. The following years saw some very bad decions over there. EDIT-Actually, I changed my mind...way to much money to start with over there...I think I'll go to a smaller company.

mike tyson needs a good looking at A* for MMA, i know he is a boxer but he cant do anything else and its not how good they are at fighting its how could they can cross it over and into a pro wrestling style. he should just be a C- brawler cos he can through a good punch. Other than that it looks great

I'm no MMA expert, but... Tyson could probably, with some training, effectively portray a boxer in a wrestling match. But there's a lot more to MMA than just boxing. He'd be clueless when it comes to - for example - brazillian jiu-jitsu, freestyle wrestling or muay thai, which are very common disciplines in MMA fighters. An A* for something that requires at least a basic knowledge in all that, plus other martial arts, would be more than a little excessive for Tyson. Brawling would be a much better stat to load him with, since that would incorporate his boxing.

Thanks for the feedback guys Tyson and DX have been fixed for the next release, keep 'em coming. Cheers Joose hope people get some play out of it. Grimmas, you're the man:D None of this would be possible without your work, I love this time period and I'm just glad we can all enjoy it. Adam, you have ruined my social life. My friends want you captured and stopped:p Edit: I forgot to mention that I've left the WWF IC title vacant on purpose, the reason being that at the time Austin was champ. The AI booking usually kills his momentum getting the belt of him so to make it easier I just left it vacant,

[QUOTE=sjt81]What? How can you not try and save WCW? I think I might play this one just to keep WCW on the map. The following years saw some very bad decions over there. EDIT-Actually, I changed my mind...way to much money to start with over there...I think I'll go to a smaller company.[/QUOTE] In this scenario it's more of a case of saving WWE, they just lost one of their best workers and WCW is on fire, only one month away from it's biggest PPV ever Starcade 97. WWE has great talent in the main event scene but a very shallow talent pool after that. I was very harsh when statting so it is a challenge. EDIT- Has anyone had problems when starting a game of workers being too young?

Okay, Main Post has been updated with pic packs, again full credit goes to Grimmas on the People pics as my file is way too big to upload at the moment. Any logos or belts that don't match up or aren't there will be updated but please let me know of any you find:) Also main data has been updated also fixing all mentioned errors

Just a couple of things dude. I noticed Randy Orton is in the data, and he has overness in Mexico. I'd suggest he should be removed as he was just 17 years old then. Also Batista should be in the data, as he debuted on the indy scene sometime in 1997.

Shwan Michaels is down as having an 'F' for body - but the back injury he suffered didn't occur until January '98 - even if he was working through pain at that time, he wouldn't have been that badly off. Steve Austin's pic should be the shaven-headed one - he was bald by the time he was in WWF. Goldust needs a Goldust picture :-) Well, unless he was doing his TAFKA Goldust stint at this time... D'Lo Brown seems underrated to me - he was a better all-rounder than is generally credited. Alex Wright, I would say, should be higher-rated for flying skills, while Kidman should be lower. Booer T's stats are underated - he was a decent brawler and interview even in '97. I'd give Hulk Hogan a better power rating than you have - he could have surprisingly watchable matches when he could be bothered - and when he was fighting the right opponent. He's certainly better than Jim Duggan - who was atrocious in the ring and shouldn't be better than D in any in-ring skill. Spot on with his charisma, though... I'd have given Raven better brawling and especially hardcore stats - and upgraded his general entertainment skills as well, particularly his looks. But then, I've been a Scott Levy mark since day dot, so I'm pretty biased... I'd say that Rey Mysterio's technical skills are overrated - but I'm not as familiar with his work in WCW so I may be wrong. Sting's stats seem under-rated - he was one of the most exciting workers around in the 90s, and his power rating in particular seems greatly underrated. I'd say that RVD's Rumble stats are overrated. I suppose it can be argued that his hardcore talent can be credited to his unique routine, but I'd say that he's not in the same class as a Funk or Foley - B- or B, maybe. His brawling stat is vastly overrated - RVD can't brawl now, and couldn't brawl in ECW. Whenever he was asked to face someone like Balls Mahoney or a Dudley, it really showed up his weakness on that score. Hope some of this helps - I know it's all down to opinion but these were things that kinda stood out for me.

After a lot of playing(5 hours) I have only two things that bug me. Japanese Arena Names and better statistics for WWF/WCW workers. They average C-C+ shows as most shows in Japan average B- - B+. This is really fun, the best game I've got into for ages. I pushed Rusher Kimura from the undercard to the Main Event to upset Mitsuharu Misawa and win the Golden Cup(He defended his title in an 8 Man Tournament) and so far he's been through Baba and the like and had an A* Match with Toshiaki Kawada. Great job! I've had two A* shows, and both were really fun to book. My latest was a Dome show(Too bad I couldn't book it in a dome due to no arena names) and Kawada/Misawa got an A* 60 Minute Iron Man Match. I've also pushed Corino to Junior Champion and Upper Midcarder under the name "King's Mask". The hidden pages of the Tiger Mask book(He's fueding Tiger Mask IV). Bravo, keep the updates coming.

[quote]while Kidman should be lower.[/quote] I strongly disagree. In WCW Kidman was one of the best higflyers around. i checked his stats and they're fine. Also Rey's are fine as he was fantastic in WCW as well, a lot better than he is now.

Thanks for all the feedback guys I really appreciate it and have made the necessary adjustments:) Ignition - Thanks for the pics, still haven't uploaded the proper people pics yet but I will soon and you'll get credit. Also the FMW and WWWA logos weren't in JPG format so they don't work:( James Casey - Thanks mate, your suggestions have been taken and data has been tweaked Dwight - I know Japan arena's are probably wrong, this is due to me knowing very little aout the Japanese scene at that time. I really did experiment for quite some while with statting. I tried to stay as close to Cornelverse as possible when it came to ratio's. It seems it's easy enough to book WWF/WCW yourself and put on great shows but the AI struggles (usually their M.E match is the reason). As for Orton lemme know if you guys want him in or not and I'll change The most annoying thing I've found in the mods I've played is it's way too easy (I know the whole Global fed rationale, easy to run etc.) so I really wanted this to be a challenge. Please let me know if there's someone in paticular you think is deserving of a stat increase and I'll oblige for sure, this is [I]our[/I] game after all:)

They were in the JPG format when i sent them to you lol. if you're on msn later or tomorrow ask me again for them. Also dude some more feedback: Some of the stats are pretty badly off. Let me go through a few: - Kevin Nash has A* for all physical, take his legs and body down. - Joey styles has B+ for mic skills? WTF! He should have A* EASILY! - Paul Heyman should have A* for mic skills. - Rob Van Dam - his mic skills SUCK, but he has good charisma. Take mic skills down to B- or something. - Justin Credible is a good worker if you ever saw him in ECW. EVERYTHING is C+ and i'm laughing :P Make brawling and hardcore up to B's, selling up to B+, Athleticism and toughness up to B's. - The Sandman - Charisma up to A i think. Hardcore up to B+? - Adam Copeland and Christian Cage. i think they are a lot better than you see them as, they were always very good workers but just not over. Maybe increase their stats slightly. - Christopher Daniels' mic skills need improving to a b+ probably, chrisma up a bit too. - Bubba Ray and Devon -hardcore and brawling up. - Sean Waltman - Charisma up! And high flying up some too, he used to be great. ALSO Jeff + Matt Hardy having a lifetime contract with OMEGA - remove that as they both signed for wwf shortly after this.

Archived