"The lack of anything interesting happening in this segment was a problem"

<p>Has anyone figured how to stop getting this penalty?</p><p>

I did a segment when Styles cuts a promo, rated on overness, on a worker that was off screen also rated on overness. </p><p>

There wasn't much I could have added to that segment as it was just a promo, but how do I keep away from this penalty?</p><p>

Should I have just rate Styles on Mic and the other worker on off screen overness? </p>

<p>Angles rated on just overness, menace and other stars rated purely on looking a certain way get that penalty because as it says, nothing interesting is happening in the segment other than styles... being over.</p><p> </p><p>

You should have one person rated on an active skill like entertainment or fighting to avoid that</p>

The problem is you're only rating on overness. Something interesting needs to happen for longer angles (5 minutes or over I believe is the cut off point) so you need to have somebody rated on entertainment or fighting. You can still run overness angles if they are kept shorter.

<p>Certain types of "Rated On" factors don't seem to account for any action or content in the game's mind. Basically stuff like Overness, Menace, I think Star Quality, probably Sex Appeal - they basically only infer that the worker in question is, kinda existing in that segment. Think a wrestler standing in the background whilst their manager speaks, something like that.</p><p> </p><p>

Atleast one person in a segment has to be 'doing something', meaning using entertainment skills or fighting. I won't claim to know the full breakdown of what counts and what doesn't but this is what I've gathered.</p>

<p>Other people have explained it, but for more details check the Angles section of the handbook. I was having difficulty booking any successful angles until I read it. </p><p> </p><p>

In case you don’t know how to access it, as I didn’t, you click on the question mark in the right hand corner of the screen to access the handbook. Double click Angles and read through it, especially the individual “rated on” sections.</p><p> </p><p>

For example, the rating for an angle rated on overness starts to decay after 4 minutes. </p><p> </p><p>

Hopefully this helps.</p>

<p>It seems to me that 4 minutes is the "sweet spot" for angles in TEW2020, whereas in TEW2016 it was 6 minutes. I literally booked every single angle in TEW2016 as 6 minutes, which in reality is quite a stupid way to do things.</p><p> </p><p>

In TEW2020 I really try to book according to how it's rated and who's present, such as:</p><p> </p><p>

- if it's just overness, menace and/or star quality (ie "nothing interesting happening") then I book a 4 min angle</p><p>

- fighting I book as long as I feel the highest pop guy is (so usually 4 min to about 8 min)</p><p>

- entertainment/microphone I try to go as long as the lowest skilled microphone guy who's rated on microphone (again, I generally go 4 min to 8 min)</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not sure if fighting angles and entertainment/microphone angles actually have MORE pop and momentum gains the longer you book them or not. I suspect they must do, otherwise there's no benefit (besides realism) to booking anything other than 4 min angles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="poopinggamer" data-cite="poopinggamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48561" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anyone figured how to stop getting this penalty?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Play TEW2016.</p>