I think the end goal of NYCW is to become a regional powerhouse. It should be a company where you're at 55 pop in the Tri-State and 20 pop everywhere else. I think the sweet spot is 2 events per month, maybe with a touring week every few months in New England or Great Lakes.

I think the key is to stay away from broadcasters. Once you broadcast, you tie your worker's pop and they can get poached quicker. The goal is to create the next Bruno Sammartino, not the next Hulk Hogan.

In my 2018 C-Verse mod I've given them, and a couple of others, 2 events a month, you're right it just seems better. They're a New York institution, should be running more regularly lol

• Like 1

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CobheadJake" data-cite="CobheadJake" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48567" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>(Looking at you, Devastating Don)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've actually decided to heavily use Don... I wouldn't say push but I've had him in an angle with Richie Riggins and Cheerleader Nicki that I started in January 2020 and it's still going in October 2022.</p><p> </p><p> Only been doing 1 show a month though, flirted with doing 2 but joining WrestleWorld I was losing money so went back to 1 show.</p><p> </p><p> Anyways, I've gotten Don from Obese to Bulky to now an Average Super Heavyweight, I'm calling the storyline "Lifestyles Of The Rich & Devastating where originally Riggins was offering to train fat and out of shape slobs, so Don accepted but then Riggins got his neck broke by Acid II and was out for a year so it was Don struggling to stay in shape with Nicki helping him and dealing with Riggins gone and hurt.</p><p> </p><p> After returning from injury Riggins has become a silent, emotionless destroyer and devolped more of a cult now with Bull Wrecker joining the TOTAL Body Work Out Club... they were gonna feud with Acid II but then he got signed by USPW so they've been terrorizing people and putting a "mask" on their victims whilst Riggins applies his new move the "Murder Clutch" (Steiner Recliner/Camel Clutch) that Bull Wrecker has been carrying around in a briefcase after delivering it to Riggins.</p><p> </p><p> I'm gonna end up turning Acid face and have them feud with him as Riggins seeks vengeance for his neck being broken and almost losing his life and livelihood.</p>

• 4 months later...

Started a new game and I'm up to my last show in 2021.

My goal was to try and keep much of the base roster and if I have to, rotate them out with new signings that match the style.

I went on Wrestleverse ASAP and ran monthly shows until I realized that I could run 2 shows a month and still pull a nice profit.

Got merch to level 6.

Added two new tag teams:

Dominic Degraff and Masked Mauler as "Old School". Basical The Old School Principals Part 2.

Pepper Pelton and Jason Patterson as The Good Ones. I imagine them as The Thrill Seekers.

I use the trades A LOT and put the COTT belts on my boys as much as I can. Not overly so, if they lose it I let the other guy have a nice run, but I want to be represented in the COTT.

I made 3 big signings:

Kip Kenan who was released from FCW and was unemployed. NYCW really lacks babyfaces, so I brought him in to groom him to be my next babyface star.

Darryl Devine was released from TCW and unemployed for 3 months so I brought him in just to boost the babyface ranks and be a workhorse.

Marshall Dillon was released from SWF and unemployed so I brought him in to be a big heel threat.

I made Marshall Dillon, Tennessee William and Richie Riggins into a stable called "Dixie Kingdom" and they're my main heel threat. Marshall Dillon is current champion after winning the Empire belt from Riley McManus and Tennessee and Richie are COTT Tag champions.

The rest of my roster is basically the same.

Sal Dimeo is finally doing very well in my game although his stable is basically a trash fire.

Masked Stranger is poised to be a top babyface but his popularity has stalled under 50.

Brutus Milano is strangely popular.

Chuck Casey caught fire and is more popular than Darryl Devine at this point, making him my number 2 babyface.

----

I brought in the recently released former SWF worker Bear Bekowski to put over Chuck Casey and give him the edge to challenge legitimately for the Empire title. I haven't decided who is going to take the belt off Marshall Dillon, I keep going between Riley McManus winning it back, Chuck Casey for a short run or Tennessee William turning on Dillon for a fourth reign.

My tag team scene is good, but I put the belt on the Dimeo family and am regretting it. They just suck. I might put it back on the LA Stars for a third reign since they're putting on good matches with everyone or I might go nuts and put it on an invading team for a few months.

I'm also doing something interesting for our last show of 2021. Enygma and Valiant have been unemployed for like 4 months each so I'm bringing them in on a one night deal to special main event my final show against each other and to cut promos with my boys.

This save is going great. We're slowly growing, I'm making between 15K-20K a month and running 2 shows a month. A lot of fun.

So I started a NYCW game and I'm four months in. Doing ok. Not really sure what I want to do yet so just running with the base roster and storylines. But here are some thoughts

- Bring in Herb Stately who used to manage some of the Monsters in NYCW like Land Mass. He'll start managing Super Massive Destroyer and maybe I'll bring in Dreadnought possibly a third monster we'll see.

- I really, really like The Hot Taggs and I think they would fit NYCW well so I might bring them in.

- Both Samoan teams (Samoan Destruction Inc. and Samoan Wildboyz) are available. Some good veteran teams to face the youngsters might be a good idea.

- Crockett Tubbs seems like he's going no where on his own in general. Thinking of Bringing Connor Threepwood in to reform The Fighting Irish.

On the bad side. I just ran King of New York. Set up the battle royal and everything, it got a respectable 45.... I forgot to but the title on the line

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48567" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are people doing with Gang Wars. I know it says all 3 vs 3 matches for the AI. But I'm thinking of doing Gang Wars as a tournament. 4 teams from in NYCW and a team for each of the 4 promotions in the COTT Alliance (MAW, IPW, CZCW, OLLIE). Is this something anyone else has done?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I do it like survivor series. I'll have singles matches, but the main event is either 3v3 or 4v4 and I usually have one or two undercard 4v4.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sons of Kohral" data-cite="Sons of Kohral" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48567" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I do it like survivor series. I'll have singles matches, but the main event is either 3v3 or 4v4 and I usually have one or two undercard 4v4.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting so we both ignored the all 3 v 3 rules.</p>

October 2022

Got a show on East Coast Today. Booking it live weekly because I'm making BANK but maybe I'll switch it to taping a whole month at a time.

I do an hour show and mainly use it for undercard matches with my upper card main eventing. 3 matches, usually 2-3 angles.

I signed Papa Swoll to a big, long, exclusive written contract and signed Riley McManus exclusive as well. Papa Swoll is basically going to be my Rock.

The cracks in my Dixie Kingdom stable are starting to show. Richie Riggins has been bickering with Tennessee William and Empire Champion Marshall Dillon and Dillon was ALMOST beaten by Chuck Casey on the last show. I'm going to have Dixie Kingdom explode probably at the end of the year.

I'm not sure who to put the Empire title on, either Swoll or McManus. Not sure I want to fully pull the trigger on Swoll yet.

Back to Gang Wars 2021. In 2020 I turned it into a 6 man tournament

Last Years Teams included

Big Damn Heroes (Masked Stranger, Freedom Ealge, and Hawkeye Calhoun)

Team Erie (Riley McManus, Conner O'Connor [Conner Threepwood], and Liam MacRory [Crockett Tubbs])

The DiMeo Family (Machine Gun Marion, Luca Sacramoni, and Vito Pirelli)

Powerhouse (Andrew Harper, Howlin' Mad Mort, and Whitehouse Whittaker)

Team MAW (The Architect, Sean Noggin, and Sione Tokoeka)

The Council Of Decay [aka Team OLLIE] (Hijo Del Mephisto, Hellspawn 666, and Slayyer)

Team CZCW (Frankie Perez, Marvel Malloy, and Storm Spillaine)

Team IPW (Hustle Muvva, Lil' Henry, and Fiasco Fierce)

The finals were Team Eire and Team MAW with Team Eire taking the win

This year we're gonna see

Monster Inc (Dreadnought, Original Sinner, and Super Massive Destroyer)

Team Erie (Riley McManus, Conner O'Connor [Conner Threepwood], and Liam MacRory [Crockett Tubbs])

The DiMeo Family (Machine Gun Marion, Luca Sacramoni, and Sal DiMeo)

Powerhouse (Andrew Harper, Howlin' Mad Mort, and Whitehouse Whittaker)

Team MAW (Miler Fford, Nate DeMarcus, and Tyrone Gray)

The Council Of Decay [aka Team OLLIE] (Hijo Del Mephisto, Hellspawn 666, and Slayyer)

Kings Of The Coast [Team CZCW] (Frankie Perez, Masked Cougar, and Pablo Rodriguez)

The Low Lives [aka Team IPW] (Aldous Blackfriar, Babau and Moroi)

I'm, excited but I still haven't decided on a winner yet.

I'm thinking maybe a mix of 3v3 and 4v4 matches for Gang Wars. I've already got a couple of ideas for viable teams. Not quite sure of the match ups yet but here's my thoughts at the moment.

Southern Stars (Tennessee William, Big Tex Avatar and Texas Hangman) vs Clark Alexander and a random tag team, possibly the LA Stars if I don't borrow a team from elsewhere.

Rogues Gallery (Xavi Ferrera, Richie Riggins and Andrew Harper) vs Riley McManus, Brutus Milano and Animal Harper.

Art Reed, Papa Swoll and The Casey Brothers vs The Ca$ino Crew (Nathaniel Ca$ino, Dreadnought, Juggernaut Jones and Super Massive Destroyer)

The Masked Marvels (Masked Stranger, Freedom Eagle, Hawkeye Calhoun) vs The DiMeo Family.

Plans will likely change however.

Can anybody tell me if the money made by NYCW broadcasting shows on Wrestleworld is worth the costs incurred by upgrading their broadcasting to meet Wrestleworld's minimum standards? In my game NYCW has the money for the upgrades but unless Wrestleworld generates amazing revenue, the upkeep costs are likely to put them into the red.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anybody tell me if the money made by NYCW broadcasting shows on Wrestleworld is worth the costs incurred by upgrading their broadcasting to meet Wrestleworld's minimum standards? In my game NYCW has the money for the upgrades but unless Wrestleworld generates amazing revenue, the upkeep costs are likely to put them into the red.

I'm about to go for it. But I put two years worth of profit into the bank first. I've got 300+k sitting around and I think I can take a hit if the production costs a bit. I'm making about 17k a month before the upgrades so we'll see. At this point though I need to be on TV to grow.

• 11 months later...

I've started a new NYCW

How do you guys go about scheduling your first say...year's worth of shows? Monthly or Weekly or both? How many matches do you typically use per show and are most of them singles, tag or mixed? I'm still pretty new overall but I'm 2 months in and out of money so I'm overbooking. I haven't figured the financials out yet. I've had 116 matches in 17 weekly shows and 2 monthly shows. I'm obviously running too many matches.

Thanks in advance,

How do you guys go about scheduling your first say...year's worth of shows? Monthly or Weekly or both? How many matches do you typically use per show and are most of them singles, tag or mixed? I'm still pretty new overall but I'm 2 months in and out of money so I'm overbooking. I haven't figured the financials out yet. I've had 116 matches in 17 weekly shows and 2 monthly shows. I'm obviously running too many matches.

Thanks in advance,

You start with monthly, or maybe two shows a month. Definitely not weekly at the start for NYCW.

My general formula for NYCW is to book five-six matches a show, with half of them being tag matches. Larry Vessey loves tag wrestling so I try to feature that when I book them. I don't hire any new talent and try to feature my young, inexpensive talent. In March of 2020, WrestleWorld opens and I try to get on there to broadcast my shows and start building up my finances to then make the jump to weekly. If you run weekly right from the jump from NYCW you're going to be broke in.. Well, two months or less.

• Like 1

You start with monthly, or maybe two shows a month. Definitely not weekly at the start for NYCW.

My general formula for NYCW is to book five-six matches a show, with half of them being tag matches. Larry Vessey loves tag wrestling so I try to feature that when I book them. I don't hire any new talent and try to feature my young, inexpensive talent. In March of 2020, WrestleWorld opens and I try to get on there to broadcast my shows and start building up my finances to then make the jump to weekly. If you run weekly right from the jump from NYCW you're going to be broke in.. Well, two months or less.

Thank you very much, very helpful. Quick question though. How do you know Vassey loves tag wrestling? Just trial and error? Never mind, it says it in his attributes. I've only used him as a road agent. I'll try him out, tyvm.

Thank you very much, very helpful. Quick question though. How do you know Vassey loves tag wrestling? Just trial and error? Never mind, it says it in his attributes. I've only used him as a road agent. I'll try him out, tyvm.

It says so in his attributes and either biography or the NYCW description.

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2023 at 2:29 PM, MightyDavidson said:

Not the entire roster, but I have brought more then a few PSW guys to NYCW.  Will likely bring in a few more.

I usually grab Nelson Callum, Ernest Youngman, Acid, Stuntman, and Logan Wolvesbaine. I'll also grab the Cowboy if I can talk him out of drinking and smoking.