Is anybody struggling to play without grades?

Is anybody struggling to play without grades? Iv played TEW since forever and iv always used grades, and struggling so much to play without them.

Anybody else having this issue?

I prefer the grades, but using the numbers isn't too bad for me. I think the grades make it more realistic. That's just my opinion.

I dont need grades necessarily, but I need the reward for good booking to not be a tiny 8 point font hidden in between two giant white borders. I have zero sense of accomplishment while playing, because despite providing me more negative feedback, it provides me almost no positive.

I dont need grades necessarily, but I need the reward for good booking to not be a tiny 8 point font hidden in between two giant white borders. I have zero sense of accomplishment while playing, because despite providing me more negative feedback, it provides me almost no positive.

As a YouTuber, I'm sure you will agree that it is much harder to follow let's players who click a little too fast now! So many small font numbers

As a YouTuber, I'm sure you will agree that it is much harder to follow let's players who click a little too fast now! So many small font numbers

Oh yeah, its gonna be a nightmare. I might end up just doing a graphic at the end of every show for visual representation.

Honestly I kinda agree

If the text was a least still a graphic we could design it and change it what he wanted, I personally used the number/grades custom graphics and it gave me a real sense of accomplishment when I booked well, now we lost the graphical customization, the text is too darn small and it is now yellow for some reason when we used to use light blue to signify the best despite the fact that in no scale ever has yellow been better than green

If the text was a least still a graphic we could design it and change it what he wanted, I personally used the number/grades custom graphics and it gave me a real sense of accomplishment when I booked well, now we lost the graphical customization, the text is too darn small and it is now yellow for some reason when we used to use light blue to signify the best despite the fact that in no scale ever has yellow been better than green

Agreed. We've always known TEW was just a graphical skin over a spread sheet but graphics in general would be nice. The facade is ruined, the game broke kayfabe!

<p>As a non-hardcore player who hasn't been playing for years, I like the numbers and the range of values to represent vagueness.</p><p> </p><p>

The challenges with Grades with me was several.</p><p> </p><p>

Consistently getting a B (or whatever), on one hand, was nice to know that I was doing something well... consistently. On the other hand, I didn't know if I was getting better, worse, or the same unless I did something drastic which makes it harder to know what change did what. And conversely, I could have made a much worse booking choice but not know because it dropped a match from the top end of a grade to the bottom.</p><p> </p><p>

Another was that the grades were not setup in an intuitive structure. Grades would cover ranges like... 63 to 77 (or whatever) which, if you didn't already know the underlying value by heart, give you a very different understanding of what was going on.</p><p> </p><p>

And still another was that the value of the stats were skewed in general. Like to me, a D was below average but passable. In actuality, a D was like... well below 60 and basically bottom of the barrel.</p><p> </p><p>

And there were other factors that made it a lot harder for me to even understand what was going on or what meant what. Like I could use scouting ( and I did) but unless I tracked a specific workers scouting grades constantly and watched when it switched from a grade to a specific value, it was very hard to corrolate.</p><p> </p><p>

One could say that I could turn on the dirt sheet and use the editor/scouting to try to sort all that out... but isn't that what we have now just with one less arbitrary layer of obfuscation and far less meta-gaming? </p><p> </p><p>

Now i get why some like grades! I can certainly see it being an advanced/more challenging game option!</p>

To me it makes it really hard to think of them as wrestlers and characters in a wrestling promotion.

Realise its a personal taste thing but I don't play TEW to get the best grades, I play it so I can pretend I'm the booker of a wrestling promotion and book interesting feuds in my mind fans would want to see. The sole focus on numbers kinda takes that immersion away.

I think I could deal with the change if we could get some of the loosers searches added back in on the find a wrestler screen (e.g. being able to search for good / decent fliers who are well known in the South East etc to come in for a short feud in my start up promotion).

Of all the things that puts me off buy the game at the moment this is far and away the number one frustration.

I think the number size is a more pressing issue, and to a lesser extent, the colors. Grades and stats are probably the most important part of TEW. Before, they were displayed bold and colorful,, making them the center of attention. Now they are just tiny little numbers, where in most cases the majority of the space around it is absolutely wasted. There is a certain satisfaction about getting to a letter grade you never got to before, or opening up a worker's stats screen and seeing rows of greens and blues. The game is certainly still playable, but changing this of all things was truly a bizarre decision. This is a step back.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mezomi" data-cite="mezomi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48658" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think the number size is a more pressing issue, and to a lesser extent, the colors. Grades and stats are probably the most important part of TEW. Before, they were displayed bold and colorful,, making them the center of attention. Now they are just tiny little numbers, where in most cases the majority of the space around it is absolutely wasted. There is a certain satisfaction about getting to a letter grade you never got to before, or opening up a worker's stats screen and seeing rows of greens and blues. The game is certainly still playable, but changing this of all things was truly a bizarre decision. This is a step back.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty peeved we don't get customizable grade graphics, but I can live without that.</p><p> </p><p> Without the grade being adequately large, I feel a significant urge not to book anything.</p>