Clarification on offer to put over.

<p>At my last TV taping Adam Matravers came to me offering to put over Andrew Leevas he sees something in him. Then it says "the offer is good for 3 matches or 2 months."</p><p> </p><p>

I'm taking this to mean at any point in the next two months I can put Lee over him, or is it a case whichever comes first, 2 months or his next 3 matches, so if I book Matravers in matches the next three weeks even without Lee in them it'll count down and his offer expires?</p><p> </p><p>

Asking because I'm a couple of weeks out from World War with all matches set and as they're both face with turns being a bad move for both I have an idea for after the PPV but both have matches on the PPV and Matravers is in the Cornell storyline so I don't want to waste the offer running with the original plan.</p>

I think it means the promise will expire when either of those two things are met. Meaning you can put Leevas over him 3 times total as long as you do it before the 2 months is up.

Edit: From the journal:

#64: Worker promises

Workers and tag teams can now proactively approach the booker and offer to put a specific opponent or opponents over, in a feature that we're calling Worker Promises. When this happens the offer is logged in the Promises screen, which shows who has promised what and what the expiry is. The expiry is always in two parts: the number of matches it will last for and the amount of time.

If a worker or team have made a promise, it means that if you book them in a match against those opponent(s) where they'd normally complain about losing then the complaint doesn't happen. This lasts until the promise expires.

There is also a second flavour of this feature, which is reactive promises. The way this works is that you can approach a worker (via Talk To Worker) and specifically ask them to promise to put someone over, to which they can agree or disagree. The difference between the two flavours is that the proactive version is more powerful - it will almost always be for multiple matches and last a few months, meaning you can create a feud around it - whereas the reactive version is only for one match and lasts just one month.

The idea behind this is to add to the realism, potentially give you a way around situations where somebody refuses to lose, and means that your booking plans can potentially change to embrace promises that you didn't expect.

Yeah, I just started a 2004 WWE mod and Triple H offered to put Randy Orton over three times in the next few months. Randy is still quite green and in Evolution with Trips, so this could be a REALLY interesting development in the progress of this game once I figure out how to book it!

I didn’t even realise this was a feature until I got angle telling me he’ll put Cena over. Nice feature. Changes my feud plans

I think that’s the coolest thing with the feature, anything that changes plans is always great, which is why I always love positive drug tests or injuries (particularly in title matches).

In my example two posts above, I had literally no plan to start a feud between Triple H and Randy Orton this early... now I’m contemplating it.

I think that’s the coolest thing with the feature, anything that changes plans is always great, which is why I always love positive drug tests or injuries (particularly in title matches).

In my example two posts above, I had literally no plan to start a feud between Triple H and Randy Orton this early... now I’m contemplating it.

In one of my first TEW2016 historical real world games around the time period of WWE/ECW. I had Punk get injured (Sprained Ankle) right off the bat. Someone I was going to push to the moon, and it was around the first or second show. It wasn't horrible, as he was able to do some angles. But I had to change it completely, but I think I had more fun.

I ended up just using him in angles much longer than the injury lasted, where he would come out on crutches or a wheel chair, a neck brace, arm sling, eye patch, etc. and complain about being treated unfairly, until I could just put him in a match with an upper mid-card and let him win without much problems.