[Poll] Which Cornellverse would you like?

[Poll] Which Cornellverse would you like?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. [Poll] Which Cornellverse would you like?

• June 2004
    • January 2007
    • January 2010

I have been away from TEW for a while. I released a version of the 2010 Cornellverse for TEW2016 and I wanted to create a new one for 2020.

I am trying to decide between 3 different dates:

June 2004 - The date of the original Cornellverse from the first TEW.

January 2007 - Based on the default from TEW2007.

January 2010 - Based on the default from TEW2010. This would be a conversion and update of my 2016 Mod.

I am having trouble deciding which one I want to tackle so I figured I would see what kind of interest there would be for each one.

Edit: I should point out that these would be versions updated with the latest Canon of the Cornellverse. So they may not be exactly as you remember them, especially 2004.

I'd do some messed up things for a 2007 mod

As someone who's never touched the 2007 data, I agree (just not to the point of doing messed up things). Exploring the 2007 data with 2020's set-up would truly be an awesome experience.

Plus, I'd get to build up my boy Keith Vegas in the prime of his career.

Do you actually have 2004 working on your computer? That game has vanished.

No. But I found a version of it at one point that I was able to install but not play. From that I was able to get the database and convert it to 2005 and then up through the current version.

I have done that for every "default" database so I can reference them in the current version of the game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49229" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really don't see the point of doing 2004 with a 2005 that is nearly done.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I figure there are enough changes between June 2004 and December 2005 that someone might want to have the choice.</p><p> </p><p> I feel the more historical Cornellverse Mods, the better.</p><p> </p><p> I always wanted to do 2004 for a while but It is a lot of work so in TEW2016, I started with 2010 since that was the version I started playing with and it was easier to covert and update.</p>

I figure there are enough changes between June 2004 and December 2005 that someone might want to have the choice.

I feel the more historical Cornellverse Mods, the better.

I always wanted to do 2004 for a while but It is a lot of work so in TEW2016, I started with 2010 since that was the version I started playing with and it was easier to covert and update.

I specifically searched for your name hoping to see that you planned on converting your 2010 mod from TEW2016 to TEW2020! I really delved into the Cornellverse that year after getting my feet wet in 2008, having always played RW mods before that, and I ended up playing your TEW2016 mod more than the default database. So that definitely gets my vote!

Wheres the all of them button?

If I can actually finish one that I am happy with, then I may start on another one but that is a big IF.

I was leaning towards June 2004 and it looks like that has the majority vote so far. If I do that it would make a good bookend with the current default January 2020 data that could make it easier for different years in between.

Another idea I had was to eventually try to create years that didn’t have default data like 2009, 2011, etc.

If I can actually finish one that I am happy with, then I may start on another one but that is a big IF.

I was leaning towards June 2004 and it looks like that has the majority vote so far. If I do that it would make a good bookend with the current default January 2020 data that could make it easier for different years in between.

Another idea I had was to eventually try to create years that didn’t have default data like 2009, 2011, etc.

All four years that would make for interesting mod scenario's, given each one has it's own unique trait that is significant to CVerse lore.

2001 - USPW opens up in July, so yeah.

2006 - Jeff Nova takes over 21CW and starts killing the UK scene

2009 - I believe RAW opens up in '09, which would make for a fun game for fans of RAW.

2015 - If I'm remembering correctly there's a ton of stuff that canonically happened in 2015 that set up 2016 for the landscape it was. Rewinding the clock a year back may not be a bad idea imo, see if you can alter what the landscape in 2016 was majorly, or if you end up with a similar setting?

All four years that would make for interesting mod scenario's, given each one has it's own unique trait that is significant to CVerse lore.

2001 - USPW opens up in July, so yeah.

2006 - Jeff Nova takes over 21CW and starts killing the UK scene

2009 - I believe RAW opens up in '09, which would make for a fun game for fans of RAW.

2015 - If I'm remembering correctly there's a ton of stuff that canonically happened in 2015 that set up 2016 for the landscape it was. Rewinding the clock a year back may not be a bad idea imo, see if you can alter what the landscape in 2016 was majorly, or if you end up with a similar setting?

Might be kind of cool to look at a December 2014 start to get in right after the "Black Wednesday Betrayal" -- decide how USPW introduces it's new stars or how SWF reacts to the defections.

I want to thank everyone who participated in the poll so far but after thinking about it for a couple days and looking at the amount of work each of these would take to do, I am going to start with the 2010 version since I have a good starting point with the Converted Mod from TEW2016. I will work on bringing that up to speed with all the changes and new features in TEW2020.

Once I am happy with that one, I may then use it to roll back to 2007 and/or 2004 sometime in the future.

I will create a new Thread for CornellVerse 2010 soon.

I want to thank everyone who participated in the poll so far but after thinking about it for a couple days and looking at the amount of work each of these would take to do, I am going to start with the 2010 version since I have a good starting point with the Converted Mod from TEW2016. I will work on bringing that up to speed with all the changes and new features in TEW2020.

Once I am happy with that one, I may then use it to roll back to 2007 and/or 2004 sometime in the future.

I will create a new Thread for CornellVerse 2010 soon.

I'm really glad you'll be doing the 2010... CGC here we go :)