Who buy? Who not buying on release day?

I'm on the hook for eleven copies as of this writing. Several friends have been particularly hard hit by the ripple effects of the pandemic so this would be a good way to help take the edge off to a certain extent. I would've bought it anyway but having gotten my head around the new systems, I'm just looking forward to being able to play a full year to see how much I truly understand things.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Adam could confirm the release day then that would be awesome! I know he said last week there will be one more post to confirm release. We are two days out from the target date...hoping something is announced today. If it's pushed back again I think I'll stick with 2016 to be honest..

<p>Unfortunately, I'm a no. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced but I can't see myself buying it in such a form and after the last couple of weeks.</p><p> </p><p>

Some major sticking points:</p><p>

--Products. I don't even really mind pre-set products all that much, though I'd prefer the ability to customize. My main issue with products is that lots of them aren't internally consistent. I've documented some of the issues I see in suggestions, so maybe this gets fixed eventually.</p><p> </p><p>

--Lack of support for RW mods. I've played a bit with the CVerse and usually when a new game comes out I play that until real world stuff starts coming, but the design of this game seems to have thrown the real world mod community under a bus. I don't know why or if that was intentional, but as a primarily RW player it makes me less likely to play.</p><p> </p><p>

--The CVerse itself. I might be able to somewhat forgive the lack of RW mod support if the CVerse was really fun, but judging from the beta so far it's just not. Two of the big three are essentially the same company, with TCW the only different one. I like to dabble in the smaller hardcore feds too, and almost all of them have the exact same product. It just feels like there is very little diversity among the CVerse companies, when I thought product settings were supposed to really differentiate them from each other. I don't see that happening.</p><p> </p><p>

--Finances. As many have said, I was really excited about being able to play smaller companies with more realistic finances, but that seems to be mostly broken. Worker wage demands aren't very diverse. I don't think it's unrealistic to have a lot of workers willing to work for very low pay (since that is how the real business works), but there should be a scale to it as well where workers with more popularity and/or experience and/or ability want to be paid more. As of right now, there are a lot of relatively high-pop workers (compared to smaller companies) that can be snatched up really cheaply, and I'd rather see players have to make a choice between higher popularity workers that could draw more but will cost more, versus lower popularity workers that are cheaper but might not draw as much until they're built up.</p><p> </p><p>

--The UI. The new UI still isn't in the beta, so I don't know for sure how much of an improvement it is. Once it's in this may no longer be an issue for me, but I think the small text size and small ratings will continue to be issues. I'll add some really odd design choices to this, as it seems like a lot of things were changed just for the sake of changing and not to make the game better. These have already been documented elsewhere, but I mean things like the way segments are moved on the booking screen, the lack of scrolling, etc.</p><p> </p><p>

--The game feels limiting and not fun compared to 16. 16 was much more open, allowed for different play styles, etc. 20 feels like it's trying to shove players all into the same lane of play style. For a game that's always been positioned as a sandbox type of sim, that feels like a move in the wrong direction. As someone has said before, the game is a lot bigger but it feels smaller.</p><p> </p><p>

--The behavior of forum/discord admins/moderators/testing team. Someone will say this one isn't fair, because they aren't the ones that made the game and may not be paid to act as admins/moderators. And that's fair. But it's also fair to say that they represent GDS and TEW through their positions, and they seem to have been using those positions to silence dissenting opinions, warn/ban people based on their personal feelings rather than any real rule-breaking, and insult people who criticize the game. Some of that is happening in this very thread, and I wouldn't be surprised if this post gets deleted. I can't do anything about that other than, as a customer, withhold my money from the product they represent.</p><p> </p><p>

That's the major list of problems for me. As the patches continue, these issues may be fixed, so I'll continue checking on progress and re-evaluating over time, and I may very well end up buying. I hope it turns out to be a great game and that the criticisms players bring up are addressed.</p>

Probably, yes, but I still don't think the game is ready to play. There are still some big issues that need sorted (AI, finances, etc.) I'll buy it to support Adam and the company and mess around in the editor for a while until the game is properly finished. Hopefully that won't be longer than a few weeks...

--The CVerse itself. I might be able to somewhat forgive the lack of RW mod support if the CVerse was really fun, but judging from the beta so far it's just not. Two of the big three are essentially the same company, with TCW the only different one. I like to dabble in the smaller hardcore feds too, and almost all of them have the exact same product. It just feels like there is very little diversity among the CVerse companies, when I thought product settings were supposed to really differentiate them from each other. I don't see that happening.

If you play IPW and EMLL and they wind up feeling the same, there may not necessarily be the fault of the game.

I'll be it as soon as Adam release it. I'm loving the game (i have no more problem with the UI, even if everyone know it could be better) and the mod maker are allready doing great work. So Adam if you read this, release it allready. :p

I'm not buying the game unless it sees significant improvements. It will be the first game I pass since I first encountered the TEW series with 2008, and I'll miss both playing and modding a TEW game - but as it stands right now, the game is not worth neither my time nor my money.

I'm hoping the above will change, though. Because I want to like the game. I want to love the game.

I'm not buying the game unless it sees significant improvements. It will be the first game I pass since I first encountered the TEW series with 2008, and I'll miss both playing and modding a TEW game - but as it stands right now, the game is not worth neither my time nor my money.

I'm hoping the above will change, though. Because I want to like the game. I want to love the game.

Pretty much this. I would have been a day one purchase but the default data has been outright neglected and I feel that the dev journal had several mistrustful sections.

Until the patches improve this and certain elements can be imported,no don't consider this a suitable use of £30 odd.

It will happen eventually, I am sure.

I think he's referencing the fact that GSW, PSW, and DIW have the exact same product

I don't play hardcore but I just assumed that PSW would be like Hardcore Evolved, as that seems to be the "updated" version of Hardcore wrestling and would make sense for them as they are trying to avoid failing like DAVE. But not I know lol