Ratings make no sense

I play with New Japan and normal Tag Matches with very very good workers like Okada/Ishii vs. KENTA/White or Naito/SANADA vs. Suzuki/Zack Sabre get like ratings of 45 on normal tour shows. What's wrong with that? Like normal 16-18 minute tag matches like New Japan always does on these shows it says "in an abysmal match" etc. Makes no sense.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play with New Japan and normal Tag Matches with very very good workers like Okada/Ishii vs. KENTA/White or Naito/SANADA vs. Suzuki/Zack Sabre get like ratings of 45 on normal tour shows. What's wrong with that? Like normal 16-18 minute tag matches like New Japan always does on these shows it says "in an abysmal match" etc. Makes no sense.

What are their stats in the mod? Without knowing things like primary stats, psychology, selling, experience, momentum, gimmick ratings etc it's hard to know what's wrong with it.

Do you have dirt sheet turned on?

Kinda hard to analyze with a minimal amount of information. What mod? What are the road agent notes? What is the Dirt Sheet feedback? It could be an issue with the mod (especially if its a straight conversion with no further work) or your booking. But that kind of grade shouldn't be happening.

Check and see if your matches require a certain amount of time to elapse. Most Japanese products require around 20 minutes to be able to access the full rating scale. If they performed just so-so, you could've lost some ratings from that.

Did you slow build the match as well? Something I like to do with 16+ minute matches is slow build them to lessen how tired wrestlers are and to heighten the build up for the match.

Did the match that came before it also perform well? Sometimes you need to watch if you've had a really hot match before the one previous, because it can sometimes burn out the crowd. If you burn them out, it doesn't really matter how good the next match after that is, you can get dinged for it. Though, you would've seen something in road agents if that was the case, so I don't think it'd be that.

Did you make sure that you've met all your goals for necessary matches? A technical masterclass or wild brawl, type of deal. If you don't happen to have those, you can sometimes ding the entire card. I mean, one time I forgot to add a technical masterclass and my entire card was dinged with -10. :( I was sad about that.

Do you - as the player character - have enough points in Motivation? Motiviation determines on how well you (the player) can get your roster to perform. You want to make it pretty high to get guys to perform to their best. I'd recommend at least 7 to make sure you'll usually get a guys putting out the best match for you. They might've had an off night. Well, they can still have off nights even if you have 10, but the higher Motivation is, the less the chances of that happening are.

Just some of the questions I have for you (or anyone really) who might be having trouble. If it was none of that, then I would need to know more about the exact match itself, because I'd be at a loss if it wasn't any of the above. Kind of think it might be that 20 minute thing though.

I have the normal Real World 2020 mod from the mod forum here.

Maybe the matches are too short but I looked at the real New Beginning Tour and the Main Events never were longer than like around 20 minutes. I try to put the match with the best guy s like Okada and KENTA in it as technical masterclass and on that show I put Ospreay vs. someone as showstealer because the show before the notes complained I didn't have one.

I don't have it open right now but I remember it said White and KENTA have bad chemistry even though they are in the same stable. Still doesn't explain why the other matches are so horrible, why I'd say I'm not very good yet at TEW this at least should be a solid match in the low 70s or not?

I'll be at home shortly I can send a screen of the show then.

What is your product? Firstly, make sure it doesn’t penalise longer match types

Then, for a 16+ minute match, use the Open Match, Call in Ring and Slow Build note. (Thankfully, in 2020 your road agent tells you if a worker can’t call in the ring, which is a FANTASTIC QoL addition)

Avoid notes like Dominate, Protect and Keep Strong and you should be fine. Those notes all ding ratings and people seem to overuse them for some reason, particularly Keep Strong (which I hardly ever use, only when someone is complaining about a loss)

Come on, people. No need to be so unfriendly.

I think the confusion here is that the game wasn't really designed with real world mods in mind, and what I mean by that is, they're not official. The official game world is the one that comes with the game. The mods are all fan made, and highly subjective. Also, most, if not all, of the mods available right now are simply conversions of 2016 mods, and they have lots of balancing issues because they were originally made for the 2016 version of the game.

It's gonna be a while since polished real world mods will be available. But even then, like I said, they're always very subjective, and personally I always disagree with real world mods, which is why I always make my own.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gockelinho" data-cite="Gockelinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49436" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's your problem? I wanted to say it's a nice community but some dumbass like you kills it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, 10 people posted possible things you can look at as potential causes. So posting pics and repeating "these are bad" doesn't really help or give us the information we said was needed. You provided some info in the prior post and I missed that - sorry. But again, a multitude of people are offering things you need to look at and consider. Apologies for thinking you might actually look at what was suggested.</p><p> </p><p> Sincere apologies to responding to an abrasive post with similar abrasion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49436" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, 10 people posted possible things you can look at as potential causes. So posting pics and repeating "these are bad" doesn't really help or give us the information we said was needed. You provided some info in the prior post and I missed that - sorry. But again, a multitude of people are offering things you need to look at and consider. Apologies for thinking you might actually look at what was suggested.<p> </p><p> Sincere apologies to responding to an abrasive post with similar abrasion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> The OP clearly joined the forum last month. I'd wager to guess that they aren't familiar with the changes from TEW2016>TEW2020. Most people don't realize that a mod is UNUSABLE without changes due to the conversion process. That isn't an insult at the converter either. So much has changed between the games and I don't think that's been mentioned enough. If people think they are buying this game tomorrow and downloading a RW mod and pulling A* matches without some major tweaking, they are very wrong... or just new and don't understand that the mechanics of this game have entirely changed. Sarcasm doesn't come across very well over the Internet either, just a heads up.</p><p> </p><p> And they are clearly frustrated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gockelinho" data-cite="Gockelinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49436" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrong, this dude didn't do anything and I appreciate literally everything before this guy joined this thread, but he clearly is some unsuccesful unattractive dude that isn't happy in life that needs to act as if he has big balls in an online forum. Typical nerdy wrestling "fan".</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Let’s cool it out with the personal attacks on someone. Even if he offended you by telling you something didn’t help, this isn’t how you respond. At all. So don’t.</p>

As others have said most of your shows should be held in Japan. Also it doesn't sound like you understand how the game works? Are you new to any TEW game now? If so I would suggest checking out the game manual to understand how road agent notes work, how your product works and I think those will help you out a lot. Understanding your product is very important though.

Over the years I have seen people not understand why the most skilled guys put on terrible matches in WWE and usually it is because they aren't over enough. Or how an over worker with hardly any in ring talent puts on terrible matches in performance based companies.

Keep at it because it is a great game and is only going to get better as things go forward.

I'd say wait until mods make specific mods for 2020. I've had similar problems with mod conversions from 2016 to 2020. I think the mechanics have changed to the point where 2016 mods are basically obsolete unless you tweak them, I guess. I'm not really savvy with the tweaking so I'd just wait until mods for 2020 are made. Until then use the C-Verse to familiarize yourself with the game.

I can suggest you to use landxx real world mod. attributes a pretty high, good for fantasy bookers. You will probably score higher with this mod. Just remember this is an easy to win mod. If ur lloking for a challenge, learn the game with the mod you are using. But i atrongly siggest you landxxx mod.

So to restate some things and also maybe add some new stuff to as to why your ratings may be low, and how to learn to improve them.

The mod you are using may have your wrestlers rated differently then how you perceive them. We have to released and one beta real world mod here so far (Landxx, Real World Chronicles, and Killing the Business) play each one and see what one suites what you are looking for stat wise.

Run shows in Japan and try to get show coverage in the USA to help build pop for your workers there.

Tour shows that aren't the big final show will get lower ratings, which follows real life as well, you won't find the same quality of match on a random Road to show that you will see at Wrestle Kingdom.

Use the dirt sheet to see the positive and negatives you are getting per match and learn how to maximize the results.

Use the match analysis button on the main show screen while booking. It will go red if you are missing something needed for the show (like match types required by your product) or if someone is being used to much.

Finally read your product information, it will break down things like times needed for maximum results (note that you can still pull great ratings with penalties so don't feel like you have to follow it 100% but it should be a somewhat tight guideline.)

At the end of the day it takes awhile to learn what does and doesn't work and with the new product system it is even more of a process. It isn't so much the ratings don't make sense because of a game issues, but because of the learning curve. Take your time don't expect perfect ratings out the gate (unless you play Landxx's mod) browse the small questions/general gameplay questions threads that are stickied at the top of this forum, and above all be cool and respect others when they try and help. We are all here to help each other out!

Well, 10 people posted possible things you can look at as potential causes. So posting pics and repeating "these are bad" doesn't really help or give us the information we said was needed. You provided some info in the prior post and I missed that - sorry. But again, a multitude of people are offering things you need to look at and consider. Apologies for thinking you might actually look at what was suggested.

Sincere apologies to responding to an abrasive post with similar abrasion.

It's a new player with questions because the game doesn't exactly make this stuff easy to understand. Simmer down.

Here's some shows that I ran, the scores and a bit of an explanation of the penalties I got and the ones you might be coming across:

PIAt4OL.png

wPImcXE.png

The most common penalty I saw was an important match being too short - this is caused by having someone considered a Star or above being in a match that's less than 20 minutes long.

Another one you might be running in to is not having the appropriate match aims on your card - you need Steal the Show and Technical Masterclass on each show or your overall grade will get dinged.

I also got penalties for the referees having too much to do because there's only 2 of them in the company and announcing not being good enough - they're due for an upgrade in their skills that I didn't get around to yet, but it shouldn't be hurting the grades too much.

What's also worth noting is New Year Dash!! in the version I've tested is set to be a "lesser" show which I don't think has much of an impact on attendance and grades, but every one of the Road to and New Beginning shows are tours, so workers are going to be holding back because the show isn't important at all and you'll get crummier grades than it looks like you should because of that - especially in the US, because most of your workers aren't popular there. Getting like a 60 in the US is good for NJPW.

As for Naito/Okada only putting an 82 at Wrestle Kingdom, I don't know what to tell you. The only penalty I had in that one was from the announcing. They both have incredible stats and are major stars, so it's not that. It might be because I used "Calm the Crowd" on White/Moxley to avoid the "crowd was already at an emotional high" penalty in the main event.

It should also be said I'm using a more up to date version of the mod obviously seeing as how I'm making it, so we're not using identical data. You're using data I put out that is pretty far from finished. Even then, booking this game is like a fine art and it's less intuitive than ever.

I'm curious if this might play into it, is Naito broken down a bit physically in your mod? I know in real life he has pretty big shoulder issues and has had them for awhile, and was curious if that could play into the lower match rating? Due to the physical nature of the product setting and his body not being 100% able to go that hard any longer.