And if that was added, you can guarantee that it would result in other people complaining that it's an additional click or pop-up.

Or maybe make it an option like every other text based sim I play does. It doesn't have to be one side vs the other every time even a small feature is suggested. Options are always a good thing.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly was happy with the original version but i love how Adam took the criticisms seriously and just made what was already great even better. I was a little disappointed by the delay but I can see the time was well spent.

The UI is beautiful you guys did an amazing job.

I'm so happy with the hard work you folks all did it's fantastic. Long time fan of Grey Dog here and its good that my commitment has been worth it.

Thank you so much to all all of you. This is a great game and frankly theres NOTHING that does what this game does as well as it does. It's the gold standard in wrestling booking simulators.

Okay, can we quit pretending the UI has been fixed? Everything other than the cluster of buttons on the office menu is... exactly the same.

- Still can't scroll on 90% of screens

- Still no division of stats like in the excellent mockup Slim Jim made

- Still have to click tiny arrows on the booking screen

- Still have 4 tiny dropdown boxes for attributes in the editor

- Putting together a tournament is still so painful you should just use Challonge

- Still have to click every. individual. option. when changing a worker's picture

What we got was a skin - an admittedly very nice skin, but a skin nonetheless.

yeah I can't do that either. As someone who books all their matches first and then angles, it can't be done efficiently in '20. I'll be sticking with 2016 unless this is fixed.

This is a quick thing to get used to if you just play it. I do the same as you in regards to booking and it literally doesn’t take like 20 extra seconds compared to 16 once you just get used to it.

Okay, can we quit pretending the UI has been fixed? Everything other than the cluster of buttons on the office menu is... exactly the same.

- Putting together a tournament is still so painful you should just use Challonge

- Still have to click every. individual. option. when changing a worker's picture

90% is a bit overblown, the only screen I really notice the lack of scroll is the picture screen, which has a search function. You have to take into account the time crunch to put together what we did get. Give them time and to further change things and we will probably get most of these functions as we go. I for one was happy with the old UI once I got used to it, and having everything on the office the way it is now is great. I don't see the same problems you do, but to each their own we are looking for different things in the game. I feel the UI has been majorly improved since the beta release, you don't think so. We both are right and wrong because we are looking at it differently.

The lack of scrolling is annoying. As is the lack of taking Slim Jims mock image of worker profiles. That was ideal.

Tiny arrows are not a problem at all. This is crying to cry.

Havent toucned the editor or done a tournament so cant speak on them. But the 1st 2 i wish got addressed.

90% is a bit overblown, the only screen I really notice the lack of scroll is the picture screen, which has a search function. You have to take into account the time crunch to put together what we did get. Give them time and to further change things and we will probably get most of these functions as we go. I for one was happy with the old UI once I got used to it, and having everything on the office the way it is now is great. I don't see the same problems you do, but to each their own we are looking for different things in the game. I feel the UI has been majorly improved since the beta release, you don't think so. We both are right and wrong because we are looking at it differently.

Opinions are definitely valid but here's a fact that isn't debatable. Good UI's are liked by the vast majority of the playerbase for any given game. That's literally how they're judged because that's their purpose.

Good UI's aren't disliked by half of the playerbase, that would be considered an average to poor UI by most gaming standards.

I'm beyond disappointed the Editor wasn't improved. Attributes still being in dropboxes is the biggest letdown.

Please don't make me go through every screen to list all the ones you can't scroll on. You and I both know for a fact it's the vast, vast majority.

Good UI's aren't disliked by half of the playerbase, that would be considered an average to poor UI by most gaming standards.

No, but it's hard to say how many players actively dislike the current UI. A lot, for sure, but I'd be hesitant to say anywhere close to half. From what I've seen, most people are pretty neutral on it at this point.

Woke up this morning, poured my morning coffee and bought the full game!

Looks good, looks REEAAAL good, in fact. Only issue I have is a bunch of QoL things haven’t been implemented yet (the big one obviously being moving the segments), but confident this will happen in time.

The game certainly isn’t unplayable in its current format, far from it in fact. Bring on the RW mods!

How many cups today

Please don't make me go through every screen to list all the ones you can't scroll on. You and I both know for a fact it's the vast, vast majority.

So I'm at working waiting for the night to start, figured I'd test this. Going through the office screen menus the only ones you can't scroll through each individual option are; Brand Split, Events & TV, and House Shows. Three out of forty is 7.5% of the office menus. Which is where the majority of players I believe will be. The other worker screen is scrollable through each individual worker which is the main one people need along with their own roster. The assign picture list again is the only one I think is one that is majorly needed to scroll through instead of just a search for when you are looking for a picture and don't know which one you want.

TLDR;

Using the office screen as a sample size three out of 40 options or 7.5% are not scroll supported. A far cry from 90%. So no me and you do not know for a fact it is a vast majority, in fact I would say it is in the minority and far better then launch of the beta. And messing with the attribute screen isn't a huge deal, it is very intuitive and flows well to add and remove, but again that is just my preference and we can agree to disagree on that one. If you are this unsatisfied with things are you still going to do the RWC updates? If not who are you going to pass it on to?

So I'm at working waiting for the night to start, figured I'd test this. Going through the office screen menus the only ones you can't scroll through each individual option are; Brand Split, Events & TV, and House Shows

...and product settings, product search, figureheads, title history, backstage, worker skills and popularity, battles, quick roster and quick shortlist.

I really don't care what the exact number is. It's way too many screens to not have scrolling support in TWENTY-TWENTY.

WOW Thanks Adam and the rest of the team. You have delivered something much more on point and intuitive than the demo originally presented. I feel like with every TEW it takes some time for my eyes to adjust and it's easy to get burnt out visually. But I've spent hours of the day playing my first promotion. So thankful for adjusted incomes, attendance, finance and especially the ability to do blocks of tapings.

Wait, you like having to click and follow tiny arrows to reorder every segment? Am I in an alternate universe right now

I dont like it but i dont make a big deal of every imperfect small detail of a game. Drag and drop would be better but i dont mind taking 5 seconds to click arrows.

I dont like it but i dont make a big deal of every imperfect small detail of a game. Drag and drop would be better but i dont mind taking 5 seconds to click arrows.

It's not a "small detail" when it's a key piece of the screen that you arguably spend more time interacting with then any other.