GDS next game?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is that a troll? A dude laughs at the idea of a Cricket video game and a dude from a country where Cricket is popular makes the somewhat reasonable assumption that the dude laughing must be American if he thinks it's hilarious to make a cricket video game.

I assume you meant the previous comment in a joking way, but please don't do it again - you're just begging for a non-American to take it the wrong way and start insulting you back, and then we'll have a flame war on our hands and have to close the topic.

not to stoke up the fire here, but id love to see a cricket management game. There used to be a really good one about 5 years ago. Cant remember what it was called though. I think people disregard Cricket because England are pretty good at it!

[QUOTE=panix04]not to stoke up the fire here, but id love to see a cricket management game. There used to be a really good one about 5 years ago. Cant remember what it was called though. I think people disregard Cricket because England are pretty good at it![/QUOTE] It was called ICC - International Cricket Captain. - you can still get it panix - they brought out an ashes edition last summer. And there was also a Michael Vaughans Cricket which was not as good as ICC

Can't say I agree. It doesn't matter to me who is good at it, I just can't get into the game at all. I realize that those who get it are immensely passionate about it, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I mean, how can anyone take a sport seriously when the phrase "wicked googly" can be uttered with a straight face?

[QUOTE=Rob4590]It was called ICC - International Cricket Captain. - you can still get it panix - they brought out an ashes edition last summer. And there was also a Michael Vaughans Cricket which was not as good as ICC[/QUOTE] that was the one! I didnt realise there was a recent version, i used to love that game. A season took forever though.

[QUOTE=panix04]:) how exactly do you 'tickle a brain'? [/QUOTE] I suggest watching a Marks Brothers film. Groucho: Wanna sign a contract? Doesn't mean anything. Chico: Ah, I dunno how to write. Groucho: That's okay; pen doesn't work, anyway.

Wow, I read this one for something interesting and got nothing out of it :) I did see a flash of a NASCAR game though, being from the southern US I'd definitely love that one. Also, I never got into Cricket too much, mostly due to the fact it doesn't get airplay too much in the US well the part I'm in. I'd love to see an Olympic sim for sure, also maybe something more of a music business thing besides what's out there. I think you guys would do it much better IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
I personally don't like cricket, and I'm English. The only games more dull are American Football and Baseball. Speaking of which, baseball is the only sport where I turned up at the beginning drunk. Sobered up and got a hangover before leaving in the 13!!!!!!!!!!!! inning. What a snoozefest that was!

[QUOTE=TCP1]I personally don't like cricket, and I'm English. The only games more dull are American Football and Baseball. Speaking of which, baseball is the only sport where I turned up at the beginning drunk. Sobered up and got a hangover before leaving in the 13!!!!!!!!!!!! inning. What a snoozefest that was![/QUOTE] American Football more dull than Cricket? Is that a joke TCP? I guess I can possibly understand you being English and not liking American Football, but Cricket. There has to be some sarcasm in that.

Archived