Great job improving the UI

Josh did what he could but the current layout is still ugly and counterintuitive.

The design choice to remove graphics for skills and stats is a step backwards. It's like I'm looking at a Word or Excel document from Windows 98. I have to manually click tiny arrows and scroll to find information that was easily accessible in TEW2016. The font is anemic. The bottom bar is pure redundant space. The windows in the layout are thrown on the screen with no thought given to where they should logically be, e.g. the workers screen has contract details on the left side, skills squashed in the middle, then more contract details on the right side. Information is repeated in multiple places on the same screen but other useful information is hidden behind tabs or scrolls.

Which roster screen are you looking at... :confused:

https://i.imgur.com/1j0T14J.jpg

Contract details on the left, skills in the middle, contract details on the right.

On the left it tells me that the worker is employed by TCW. On the right it tells me (again) he has a contract with TCW, it also tells me how much his contract with TCW is worth, and when it expires.

All of these things should be in the same box. The information is just all over the screen.

Also, what on earth is this screen?: https://i.imgur.com/rWP6Hz6.jpg

Why is it not alligned properly? Some text will presumably be filled in here when there are incidents that affect her morale but there's no box for that text, and there's still heaps of empty space all over, including a big gap underneath the biography. There's another sub-menu for chemistry, which is bizarrely on this screen. I'll be surprised if anybody even finds this menu because to get to it they have to do the following:

https://i.imgur.com/sfmbyT4.jpg

Do you see on the left under USPW Status (yellow text)? If you click "has normal morale" you get to the screen above. That isn't even a button! It's a random piece of white text contained in a larger textbox. To make things worse - if you click the white text above it saying "has neutral momentum," THAT piece of white text leads... nowhere. No menu pops up if you click the momentum text. The text the links to a menu looks exactly the same as the text that doesn't link to anything. How are people supposed to find the screen they need? Just click every piece of text and hope something pops up? That's insane. No game should be designed that way.

Josh did what he could but the current layout is still ugly.

The design choice to remove graphics for skills and stats is a step backwards. It's like I'm looking at a Word or Excel document from Windows 98. I have to manually click tiny arrows and scroll to find information that was easily accessible in TEW2016. The font is anemic. The bottom bar is pure redundant space. The windows in the layout are thrown on the screen with no thought given to where they should logically be, e.g. the roster screen has contract details on the left side, skills and popularity squashed in the middle, then more contract details on the right side. Information is repeated in multiple places on the same screen but other useful information is hidden behind tabs or scrolls.

Which roster screen are you looking at... :confused:

Is it perfect...no.

But is it damn good for a game we all say we love and wanted a new version of...absolutely.

Thank you Josh and Adam and the rest of the crew. You have poured your hearts into this and I respect and I am enjoying the game right now. Keep up the good work!!

Is it perfect...no.

But is it damn good for a game we all say we love and wanted a new version of...absolutely.

Thank you Josh and Adam and the rest of the crew. You have poured your hearts into this and I respect and I am enjoying the game right now. Keep up the good work!!

It is an improvement, sure.

These types of threads are getting pretty ridiculous.

The UI is better but still terrible. But thanks, sure you did the best you could with the restrictions you were given. Though personally other than a basic reworking of the office screen that was much needed the rest was superficial and mostly already fixed by other skins for free.

These thank you threads and posts go on aa if this game was freeware. This is an expensive game that absolutely still looks incomplete and dated.

These types of threads are getting pretty ridiculous.

The UI is better but still terrible. But thanks, sure you did the best you could with the restrictions you were given. Though personally other than a basic reworking of the office screen that was much needed the rest was superficial and mostly already fixed by other skins for free.

These thank you threads and posts go on aa if this game was freeware. This is an expensive game that absolutely still looks incomplete and dated.

Although I try and avoid this whole praising or hating the game. I do think this is a valuable point. This game sells at a fairly high price point. I know some will disagree and say it’s cheap etc. But I think £30 is fairly pricey now a days. So with that does come some level of expectation. I think the UI is a bit confusing. As a veteran player I’m still trying to get my head round what I need to press to get to what I want. This is even before trying to work out the game play.

Although I try and avoid this whole praising or hating the game. I do think this is a valuable point. This game sells at a fairly high price point. I know some will disagree and say it’s cheap etc. But I think £30 is fairly pricey now a days. So with that does come some level of expectation. I think the UI is a bit confusing. As a veteran player I’m still trying to get my head round what I need to press to get to what I want. This is even before trying to work out the game play.

It basically costs the same as Super Mega Baseball 3, which just released. And that game is miles ahead with only three versions. Their team is pretty small too.

The biggest problem I have with the game is the look and the resolution. The fact that I'm forced to play at such a poor resolution in 2020 is mind boggling.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="natey2k4" data-cite="natey2k4" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49642" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It basically costs the same as Super Mega Baseball 3, which just released. And that game is miles ahead with only three versions. Their team is pretty small too. <p> </p><p> The biggest problem I have with the game is the look and the resolution. The fact that I'm forced to play at such a poor resolution in 2020 is mind boggling.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The UI doesn’t feel great. I wonder if so long is left between releases that 2016 is such a comfortable pair of slippers that any changes are going to be hard to get used to. But at the same time there’s a lot of new features I’m trying to get my head round. But that is made all the harder by the fact the UI just feels like hard work.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ngz999" data-cite="ngz999" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49642" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Josh did what he could but the current layout is still ugly and counterintuitive.<p> </p><p> The design choice to remove graphics for skills and stats is a step backwards. It's like I'm looking at a Word or Excel document from Windows 98. I have to manually click tiny arrows and scroll to find information that was easily accessible in TEW2016. The font is anemic. The bottom bar is <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546690" rel="external nofollow">pure redundant space</a>. The windows in the layout are thrown on the screen with no thought given to where they should logically be, e.g. the workers screen has contract details on the left side, skills squashed in the middle, then more contract details on the right side. Information is repeated in multiple places on the same screen but other useful information is hidden behind tabs or scrolls.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://i.imgur.com/1j0T14J.jpg" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/1j0T14J.jpg</a></p><p> </p><p> Contract details on the left, skills in the middle, contract details on the right.</p><p> </p><p> On the left it tells me that the worker is employed by TCW. On the right it tells me (again) he has a contract with TCW, it also tells me how much his contract with TCW is worth, and when it expires.</p><p> </p><p> All of these things should be in the same box. The information is just all over the screen.</p><p> </p><p> Also, what on earth is this screen?: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/rWP6Hz6.jpg" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/rWP6Hz6.jpg</a></p><p> </p><p> Why is it not alligned properly? Some text will presumably be filled in here when there are incidents that affect her morale but there's no box for that text, and there's still heaps of empty space all over, including a big gap underneath the biography. There's another sub-menu for chemistry, which is bizarrely on this screen. I'll be surprised if anybody even finds this menu because to get to it they have to do the following:</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://i.imgur.com/sfmbyT4.jpg" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/sfmbyT4.jpg</a></p><p> </p><p> Do you see on the left under USPW Status (yellow text)? If you click "has normal morale" you get to the screen above. That isn't even a button! It's a random piece of white text contained in a larger textbox. To make things worse - if you click the white text above it saying "has neutral momentum," THAT piece of white text leads... nowhere. No menu pops up if you click the momentum text. The text the links to a menu looks exactly the same as the text that doesn't link to anything. How are people supposed to find the screen they need? Just click every piece of text and hope something pops up? That's insane. No game should be designed that way.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you. Sums up my criticisms.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dave E Mac" data-cite="Dave E Mac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49642" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The UI doesn’t feel great. I wonder if so long is left between releases that 2016 is such a comfortable pair of slippers that any changes are going to be hard to get used to. But at the same time there’s a lot of new features I’m trying to get my head round. But that is made all the harder by the fact the UI just feels like hard work.</div></blockquote><p> That's the thing. If this game had a UI like OOTP... or even like the College Football game by GDS someone brought up awhile ago.... it would be so much easier to use the amazing features Adam puts into the game. But because the UI is so clunky, so out of date, and so frustrating - a ton of the features will never be used. </p><p> </p><p> The fact that a bonus is hidden behind a random link, which has a pop-up, that you'd never know is a link, because it's surrounded by more of the same colour text that isn't linked to anything.</p>